[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

ChairStory V: Design-A-Chair Contest

Comments

• teekunteekun
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016

Chair could be called "Teampower". Every mapler struggles in game at some point and friends are always there to help (or could say that shared struggle feels easier). When used alone, player is trying stay strong and to not get crushed by V5 sign, legs are shaking and everything is wobbling. When two chairs are used, posing characters have floating icon between them with such happy smile.

link to chair here: http://orig05.deviantart.net/185b/f/2016/334/9/1/2ww_by_nekuuh-daq4l1l.jpg

Ign: Nekohart
    World: Luna
    JoTheWeirdoHikouaNightlyMoonn
  • íòxóìíòxóì
    Reactions: 915
    edited November 2016

Chair Name | Lucid Sake
    Level Requirement | 200
    Chair Description | WARNING: Drink contains large Arcane Symbol.
    Effects | Recovers 5000 HP and 5000 MP every 10 seconds
    Animated Chair Features | Prone position, bobbing arcane symbol, humming face, etc

ANOTHER “Drink” CHAIR IDEA-----------------------------------------------------------
    -no artwork for this chair-
    Chair Name | Lucid Boba
    Level Requirement | 0
    Chair Description | Arcane River-flavored tea with arcane tapioca pearls!
    Effects | Recovers 500 HP and 500 MP every 10 seconds

Character IGN: íòxóì
    World: Windia
    Hikoua
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    Suddenly all the artists of the Maple Community came out of hiding.
    M1mu_ChanSashumoPorter
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

@KThxBaiNao btw, can we submit more then one chair if they are made in a set?
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

KingStarfire

@KThxBaiNao btw, can we submit more then one chair if they are made in a set?
    If you're proposing them as a set (like the Heroes of Maple Cubes), feel free to to add it to your post. You'll only get the one entry though.

edited November 2016
    Chair Name: V Seat With Eckart

Chair Name: V Seat With Hawkeye

Chair Name: V Seat With Mihile

Chair Name: V Seat With Irena

Chair Name: V Seat With Oz

Story:
    With all the technology need for equipment needed for the fifth job advancement the Chief Knights of Cygnus are asking people to get materials for them and with the extra materials they made five futuristic chairs that incorporate each of them.

How To Get Them:
    Each knight will give you a quest to get materials that are dropped be the new mobs in the new areas and the rewards are the chairs among other things like maybe a new set for the fifth job.

Extra Notes: The fives that have been lowered could use some more centering then what I could do and the electricity could probable be animated and recolored to match the fives. Eckhart's was the easiest to do because he was already in a sitting position the rest look a bit awkward when they are not sitting (thought Hawkeye does look like he his standing on the lower bar and is using the right arm for support.).

IGN: KingStarFire
    World: Bera
    JettLuvsUHikouaNightlyMoonn
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited November 2016

Wow those are big. . .

Anyway, here I go.

Chair Name: Underneath the Maple V (Couldn't think of anything more creative. May edit later)

Chair Backstory/How to obtain: Following the events of Black Heaven, Maple World has achieved peace (however temporary that may be). The Maple Alliance is still looking for methods to permanently seal away the Black Mage and hopes to find something inside Gelimer's abandoned labs. Neinhart bears news from Claudine in Edelstein; It seems like they've found something but it's incomplete. You quickly rush over (Insert *You will be teleported to the location* message here) and find what seems to be the plans for the tube used by Gelimer to sync Lotus and his powers with the Black Heaven. With enough tweaking, Checky claims that he can make something that can enhance your latent powers. You're skeptical, but Checky has been reliable before. Que a short questline (maybe to collect items or just a series of cutscenes) and ta-da! A chair! Checky says they had a few troubles with previous iterations of the chair, but the Mk.V version of the chair seems stable. . . somewhat. There's also a mechanical Maple Tree that absorbs energy from the sun! Powerful and environmentally friendly? Sweet!

In-game Description: A chair designed by the geniuses of the Maple Alliance to celebrate the release of the fifth job! It's supposed to be safe but you're not sure having all these extra wires is safe. . . was that a spark? In any case, you feel refreshed and filled with power! Recovers 555 HP/MP.

IGN: LXCho
    World: Windia

Wow all these submissions look so cool. . . GL;HF everyone!
    JettLuvsUHikoua
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

the smell of maple points awoke them with a ravenous hunger for free stuff.
    Shaneration
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

It's not that they came out of hiding; it's that GMS rarely holds design contests for both chairs and NX Equips. That is why most of the self-designed NX Equips are from CMS (yimiao, muzi, etc).
  • AkizuAkizu
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    Chair Name: Into the Vanishing Land
    Physical Description: A miniaturized land of "The Road of Vanishing" with the V embedded onto it. As well the miniature sized Door of Present in the background. Mostly themed in that area for the hype of Arcane Rivers.

Story:This chair is simply a land that you first step into called "The Road of Vanishing" this breath taking land is just unimaginable beyond reckoning. As Maplers pass through the Door of Present (Middle Door) of Temple of Time..not everything is as expected, perhaps there's more to it than it meets the eye. Venture on through and discover what awaits you.

IGN:Roxiez
    World:Scania
    Hikoua
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

KThxBaiNao

It's not that they came out of hiding; it's that GMS rarely holds design contests for both chairs and NX Equips. That is why most of the self-designed NX Equips are from CMS (yimiao, muzi, etc).
    thats the point though, we have a decent amount of semi active artists on the forums, but the moment an event with art starts BAM they come pouring out of the woodworks.
  • BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    when you'd love to make a chair but you only know how to use paint....
    ShanerationShanochi
  • ShanochiShanochi
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited November 2016
    BowmaNxNL
    BowmaNxNL said:

when you'd love to make a chair but you only know how to use paint....
    I feel ya man. I'm glad I took some art classes back in College.

#Feelsbadman.

You can always put down some ideas though! Drawing is just another option to make the submission pretty! Check out page 2-3!
  • yukimoriyukimori
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited November 2016
    AS AN ARTIST IM PISSED OFF BY THAT:
    THIS Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to: (a) legal residents of: (i) the United States of America (including all territories and possessions thereof); Canada (excluding Quebec);
    AND THIS
    " The Promotion is open only to current registered users of nexon.net (registration is free)
    and players of MapleStory (“Game”) (playing MapleStory is also free) who: (a) are at least thirteen (13) years of age as of the start of the Promotion Period (defined below);
    "
    ARE SERIOUSLY OPPOSE EACH OTHER.
    FIRST U SAID THAT EVERY MAPLE PLAYER IN NEXON CAN ARTICIPATE AND THAN U SAY ONLY AMERICA AND CANDA// t_t

THIS CONTEST SHOULD BE FOR EVERY PLAYER OF GMS AND NOT ONLY AMERICA & CANADA... I GET THAT THE SHIPPED PRIZE IS SOMETHING ELSE BUT U CAN OFFER ANOTHER PRIZE FOR NON AMERICAN- CANADA CITIZEN.
    ITS REALLY NOT FAIR. ITS MEANS THAT NEXON/MAPLE CARE NOTHING ABOUT GLOBAL PLAYERS WHO I THINK IS LARGER UN NUMBERS THAN AMERICA-CANADA PLAYERS.

I HAD SUCH A COOL DEAIGN IN MY HEAD.. GOOD THING THAT I HAVENT STARTED TO WORK IT CUZ IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF TIME <_<
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2016
    yukimori
    yukimori said:

AS AN ARTIST IM PISSED OFF BY THAT:
    THIS Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to: (a) legal residents of: (i) the United States of America (including all territories and possessions thereof); Canada (excluding Quebec);
    AND THIS
    " The Promotion is open only to current registered users of nexon.net (registration is free)
    and players of MapleStory (“Game”) (playing MapleStory is also free) who: (a) are at least thirteen (13) years of age as of the start of the Promotion Period (defined below);
    "
    ARE SERIOUSLY OPPOSE EACH OTHER.
    FIRST U SAID THAT EVERY MAPLE PLAYER IN NEXON CAN ARTICIPATE AND THAN U SAY ONLY AMERICA AND CANDA// t_t

THIS CONTEST SHOULD BE FOR EVERY PLAYER OF GMS AND NOT ONLY AMERICA & CANADA... I GET THAT THE SHIPPED PRIZE IS SOMETHING ELSE BUT U CAN OFFER ANOTHER PRIZE FOR NON AMERICAN- CANADA CITIZEN.
    ITS REALLY NOT FAIR. ITS MEANS THAT NEXON/MAPLE CARE NOTHING ABOUT GLOBAL PLAYERS WHO I THINK IS LARGER UN NUMBERS THAN AMERICA-CANADA PLAYERS.

I HAD SUCH A COOL DEAIGN IN MY HEAD.. GOOD THING THAT I HAVENT STARTED TO WORK IT CUZ IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF TIME <_<</p>
    First of all, turn your caps lock off you child.

Second, you got the order of edits wrong. Yes, initially the contest was slated for residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec). They have since changed the rules to include all regions by removing a physical prize which, as a US resident I am bummed about, but am more glad that I get to see the talents of others.

Third, if you took the time to read the official rules at all found here then you would see absolutely NO mention of it being region locked at all.

Lastly, even if you couldn't win you could still draw and share an idea. People like you are toxic and are the source of misinformation being spread on online forums.

Have a nice day, and hopefully you'll submit your idea now.

AyumiyaMimimiBlueCheeseWheel
  • ButtProlapseButtProlapse
    Reactions: 520
    edited December 2016
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    So, um... when are the winners announced for this contest?
    edited December 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

So, um... when are the winners announced for this contest?
    it is still going on, the contest ends Dec 31st
  • _Cas__Cas_
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited December 2016

http://i.imgur.com/IyFYaAQ.jpg

Its very V-themed, i think we can all agree. It suits maple too.

P.s you can keep your prize, i just want this chair added.
    NullNicoKitCatTenHikouaBlueCheeseWheel
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    @KingStarfire Ah, I could've sworn it said November 30 before, ah well, must've misread.
This discussion has been closed.