[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

ChairStory V: Design-A-Chair Contest

Comments

• ilikepieuknowilikepieuknow
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    imgur.com/yX2y8dh
    Name: Hologram "V" Throne
    Item Description: "Only those who prove themselves to be worthy can sit on this throne"
    Chair Description: Out of all the submission I have seen, this is probably the fittest in the maple universe. It is a nice luxurious throne with bright neon "V" hologram behind the throne. The chair can be earned by making a new character during the event and get the 5th job advancement during event duration. The letter "V" itself is not animated, but there will be shock or lightning around the "V" with animation. I choose the color blue to signify loyalty, meaning sticking to the character to get over lv200. Then, the gold on the edges signifies the wisdom. Getting to lv200+ means you have a lot of maple wisdom, meaning knowing where to hunt and how to earn meso and so on.

IGN: madeinching
    World: Reboot
    SashumoHikoua
  • ShanochiShanochi
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited December 2016
    IGN: Shanochi
    World: Windia

Title - V-Cube

Prototype
    http://mapleartist.deviantart.com/art/Maple-Chair-Design-653808463

Each cubes will have it own special glowing color! (Very similar to Maple of Heroes Cubes Chair!)

Show off your achievement after promoting to 5th Job!

Story
    An unknown fragment fill with mysterious energy were discovered by the Empress Knight's researcher teams. In order to identify the mysterious energy being emit from the unknown fragment. The Empress Knights call for help from all maplers to collect the unknown fragments scatter throughout the maple world!

Description
    Each cubes represent the power of five different classes category and not only this chair symbolize the power of 5th Job but also display the power of unity as well!

Extra Note
    The special V cube will be display after completing a certain quest assigned by Empress herself as bonus! In order to obtain this chair, you must defeated the following bosses with a party of 5 different classes after promoting to 5th Job!

How to Obtain the First Five Cubes
    Accept the following quests and defeat the following bosses with a party of 5 different classes (Warrior, Archer, Thief, Pirate, and Magician) in any modes! (Easy, Normal, or Hard) to receive the following cubes!

1) Empress - Pirate Cube (Accepted the quest called "Pirate's Nemesis"
    2) Arkarium - Bowman Cube - (Accepted the quest called "Bowman's Precision"
    3) Magnus - Warrior Cube (Accepted the quest called "Warrior's Willpower"
    4) Hilla - Magician Cube (Accept the quest called "Magician's Knowledge"
    5) Von Leon - Thief Cube (Accept the quest called "Thief's Swiftness"

How To Obtain the Hidden V-Cube
    To obtain the hidden V-Cube, you must accept a quest called "Unknown Fragments". The quest will ask you to obtain 2016 Cube fragments and convert it into a mysterious cube fill with V-Energy! The fragment can be found throughout the maple world! (The number 2016 indicate 5th job release year for GMS)

Cube Fragment

Hidden V-Cube (Cash Shop Item)

The hidden V cube will be display along with the 5 other cubes after obtaining the item called "V-Cube"! It can be turn On/Off.

So.. what are you waiting for? Team up, show off your V power, and take down the powerful dark forces within the Maple World!
    DnshooterJoTheWeirdoShinohukoHikouaAramyYuiHongoSoleWay
  • BeautyBeauty
    Reactions: 1,885
    edited November 2016
    Sashumo
    Sashumo said:

Your welcome =)

Sashumo
  • JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
    Reactions: 1,920
    edited November 2016
    IGN: HawtNoodles

Obtained: This chair is obtained by your first job instructor after getting 5th job.

When I think about chairs on Maplestory I think about the crowded/"noisy" chairs and the "abstract" chairs, so I tried to make one that fits in with that and think a little bit outside of the box.........also Slimes are GREAT!

Info version:
    imageimage

The slimes represent the 5 "main" classes in Maplestory: Warrior, Mage, Thief, Pirate and Bowman.

I had in mind that the slimes bounce a bit up and down to be more "alive" (like slime idle animation).
    Warrior slime > slashes his sword.
    Mage slime > Talks and hold staff up (Talk = moving moustache)
    Thief slime > He's too cool for anything other but standing
    Pirate slime > shoots his gun
    Bowman slime > shoots arrow at Lucid's hat, making her cry

The player also hovers up and down slightly, just like the V logo.

Clean version:
    NeospectorHikouaForumKousAramyX3MninetailNightlyMoonn
  • BlueCheeseWheelBlueCheeseWheel
    Reactions: 720
    edited November 2016

(praying the images work) Since the biggest part of the update is 5th job why not make a chair based on the V matrix and V core gemstones which are strongly linked to it? The V matrix has a lot of hexagons which are floating around a moving V core gemstone that doubles as a sitting spot. There's also the bottom part of the 5th job adavancement animation flashing under the gemstone forming a V cuz why not.
    The two middle hexagons move in opposite directions and the V core gemstone floats around the blue light in the middle of it. The 5th advancement V appears and disappears too.
    You could get this chair by using a certain amount of V core gemstones after getting to 5th job or something similar. It could be a representation of how you mastered the matrix and worked hard to get where you are since people will probably grind hours for gemstones (you get V cores from them).
    The backround could be made to be space too to link it even more with the V matrix.
    All in all i tried to make something hopefully "epic" to celebrate V :p
    IGN : Halogenes
    World : Khaini

Edit : the images hecked up here's the imgur link http://imgur.com/a/EGvVv
    NeospectorHikoua
  • Lame_GreenLame_Green
    Reactions: 700
    edited November 2016
    http://imgur.com/a/vXKw0

Character name:GreenDrill
    World:Reboot
    Chair name:V Electricity
    Chair Description: Super simple design that I made in 15minutes or so while waiting for bossruns to reset. I think it should be a drop from some V related boss (or token shop) since it's not super big and complicated like the NX chairs.
  • grassgrass
    Reactions: 1,540
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    i would like a roller coaster chair ( ^ w^)b
  • Arty123Arty123
    Reactions: 700
    edited November 2016
    Player: Arty
    World: El Nido

Who doesn't love Pink bean chair! why not celebrate the V event with your favorite Pink bean and its cousins! Let all get together to party and enjoy the firecrackers the mischievous Pink bean cousins have prepared for us.

http://imgur.com/o9GsS3N

• ZanSenpaiZanSenpai
    Reactions: 1,435
    edited December 2016
    Player: ZanSenpai
    World: Broa

I have no idea how to do V Theme design soooo, I was thinking about having a Group chair like a Concert chair, so my idea was a Pink Bean Snowball Fight

1st will be you'll have a snowball fight with PB because you're on your own with the chair in the beginning with a small Fort
    http://i.imgur.com/JY1h4XZ.jpg

2nd person with the chair sit together with you and your team Fort becomes bigger, player1 & 2 vs PB
    http://i.imgur.com/QKtBQg0.jpg

3rd person joins in and the opposite team Fort becomes bigger, player1 & 2 vs PB, player 3
    http://i.imgur.com/jGL6McI.jpg

4th, player 1,2 & 4 vs PB, player 3
    http://i.imgur.com/2ugpktb.jpg

5th, player 1, 2 & 4 vs PB, player 3 &5
    http://i.imgur.com/Oy8Pgvf.jpg

Well if anyone doesn't have the chair can sit as well but will be caught in the crossfire

HikouaAegyolksxN19H7M4R3xthedemonslayerEdwardseigejetxoshirlsChibiGiiJaeFromBroaNightlyMoonnSenorBurroand 2 others.
  • dizcodizco
    Reactions: 425
    edited November 2016
    IGN: deezHANDZ
    Server: Reboot

All SEEING CHAIR

Chair represents the 5th job (even tho lower jobs can use it) looking over the world because he/she are the strongest in the world. Sitting on floating hands, that are holding the world, this hero watches as practically a god.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    0niLink
  • NikinahNikinah
    Reactions: 740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    IGN: Seiyai

Image:
    http://imgur.com/28nHsDz

Description:
    This chair is inspired by the new area, Arcane River, coming with the V update. The player and the amnesiac temple keeper sits underneath the Tree of Memories (or whatever name it got translated to) as they marvel at the glowing stars surrounding them. The tree sit on top of a floating iceberg powered by the V emblem.

I didn't see read too much into the new storyline yet but the ones I saw involved Kao meeting his... unfortunate end so I thought that it would be nice to have a chair that would commemorate him and the friendship build between him and the player. I'm thinking the chair could be obtain after completing all of his quests as a parting gift.

Additional note:
    The player pose could be replaced with the default sitting pose but if you could consider adding stuff to make it unique it would be cool!

In-game sizing:
    http://imgur.com/5SV0TK2
    (sorry I could not make it much more professional looking but this was the only way I know how)
    The chair, of course, would look pretty big considering that it's a floating rock plus a tree.
    The image is only an estimate of how big it can be but a size change is always welcome!

This is my first time participating in these contest and I had a blast drawing this so I hope to be more involved in the future!

edit: the original image link keep expiring but hopefully it will be more permanent now
    JoTheWeirdoZeruisHikouaAramy
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Just in case the staff doesn't look back at a submission after it's initial release, I'll mention that I updated my entry by adding a gif of my submission. It's still the same submission, just had to work on a gif.
  • IchiteIchite
    Reactions: 575
    edited December 2016
    http://imgur.com/a/ZQS27

I thought it would be nice to get a little bit smaller chair, which doesn't take all space in the maps. I think my chair looks very cute, and i would like the character have wink face while sitting on it, it makes you look more adorable! It's annoying to sit in hene with too many big chairs so this wouldn't be too big or too small. It fits perfectly in maple world because you sit on a swing attached to a mushroom! And i think it would be nice to get it from gacha. A rare drop would be good too. I can just imagine this being my chair and i'd look it all day long, because of how cute it is! As you see, i did it with paint and had a little bit trouble with it. But the idea is that the swing would be swinging a little bit and slamming the mushroom on it's face, and which is why it has such a teary face!

IGN: Ichite
    World: Luna
    jenniHikouaNukkaNakkiNightlyMoonn
  • NukkaNakkiNukkaNakki
    Reactions: 760
    edited December 2016
    http://i.imgur.com/QEIXdOU.png

This chair is a neon blue V-logo which the maple character sits on and there is a snail on the top left corner. The snail’s shell is shining in the same colors as the logo.
    This chair fits well in the Maple World because the snail is a very symbolic monster in Maple World and everybody knows it. In addition the chair harmonizes with the V-logo which makes it a eye-catching piece of furniture. Players would get this chair from the store where you can use the V-coins.

IGN: NukkaNakki
    World: Luna

jenniHikouaIchite
  • PumakyPumaky
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Since it's a V-themed chair and has a lot of neon colours, it would be cool if it was a dancing chair. Nexon has already designed some dancing moves so it would be cool to take it a step further. This chair is large and its form is a stage. The stage itself will be dark grey/black with some neon figures(like scribbles and stuff) on the side. on the top parts of the sides there will be a few neon coloured stage lights. on the back of the stage there will be a large V that has changing neon lights inside it. Now for the options themselves. It's like the stage/concert chair and if you have the chair you can join in on stage or you can be the adoring fans under the stage if you don't have the chair. There will be up to 5 different dances the characters can be positioned into doing.
    The 5th Job Adv is the largest thing that has happened since the big bang so it's time to dress up and start partying and celebrating.

How to gain the chair : This stage is only for the pro dancers around maple world, so in order to get it you have to win a mini game called Party Dance, that involves you and your character busting some moves(with the help of arrow keys) and see how far you can last on the stage. There are in total 5 small songs where each on has increased difficulty. You can do a maximum of 3 mistakes before you lose the game and you can gain up to 5 coins in each game(Finishing a stage gives you 1 coin). The chair itself costs 1000 coins because they are for the dancing pros. Though be careful because maximum entrance is 10 times a day, so it takes a minimum of 10 days to earn enough coins for the chair.

Description : When you feel like it, do it. This special V chair only belong to the pro dancers of maple world. So go and show all the losers that you got the moves and is not afraid to show them

Story : This stage was specially designed for the people of the maple world that dreamed about becoming dancers. They already have a stage for musicians so it was about time the dancers got a stage of their own. It took Months to design a stage awesome enough to use as a stage for dancers but they finally finished it. The dark structure makes the characters on top seem more awesome as they are covered in neon lights and have the shining V in the back. Finally a stage has been created for the people of the maple world to show everyone that they can bust some moves.

Ign : Pyuuma
    World : Windia
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Ooopsy doops, forgot to put my name and world, welp it's there now.
  • ToxicToxic
    Reactions: 780
    edited November 2016
    Nikinah
    Nikinah said:

IGN: Auler

Image:

Description:
    This chair is inspired by the new area, Arcane River, coming with the V update. The player and the amnesiac temple keeper sits underneath the Tree of Memories (or whatever name it got translated to) as they marvel at the glowing stars surrounding them. The tree sit on top of a floating iceberg powered by the V emblem.

I didn't see read too much into the new storyline yet but the ones I saw involved Kao meeting his... unfortunate end so I thought that it would be nice to have a chair that would commemorate him and the friendship build between him and the player. I'm thinking the chair could be obtain after completing all of his quests as a parting gift.

Additional note:
    The player pose could be replaced with the default sitting pose but if you could consider adding stuff to make it unique it would be cool!

In-game sizing:
    (sorry I could not make it much more professional looking but this was the only way I know how)
    The chair, of course, would look pretty big considering that it's a floating rock plus a tree.
    The image is only an estimate of how big it can be but a size change is always welcome!

This is my first time participating in these contest and I had a blast drawing this so I hope to be more involved in the future!
    This looks like the Wooden Tree of Memories Chair from the new V-Coin shop xD
  • SnepSnep
    Reactions: 440
    edited November 2016
    Pink bean used to have an old headset, he was tired of the look of his old headset and he decided to enhance the Pink Bean Headset to a more new better and more futured looking one, so he did. He carried it with alot of happyness it was his most loved new headset, after defeating Pink Bean, he left the Futured headset behind, it was to be big to be used by the maplers as normal headset so we decided to create a chair out of the headset.

I present you the only futured sexy looking Chair Headset from Pink Bean !

The ''Floating NeonBeanSet'' !!!
    Link: http://imgur.com/a/8SJ30

May the mapler be as happy as Pink Bean once was, Carry this chair with pride as a reminder of defeating Pink Bean !!!

This chair can be obtained from the
    V-Coin Shop.

I thank Nexon, that i can be part of maple, i made this chair not only because just for the prize but also that i had fun making the chair itself and the feeling i can do something in return for Nexon. I am happy that i can be part of maple and that i can help for once by making a new chair for the maplers and hopefully make them happy aswell, i have alot of fun by playing the game and talking alot with people around the game.

I want to thank Nexon i had and still have a very nice time on maple ! "Thanks for everything !"

Here is the gift to you, may the best chair creator win !!!

Ign: Heroharm
    HikouaArtistKeesKratzak
  • NikinahNikinah
    Reactions: 740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Toxic
    Toxic said:

Nikinah
    Nikinah said:

Image:

Description:

Additional note:

In-game sizing:

OH NOOOOOOOOO T_T welp there goes my chance RIP
  • M1mu_ChanM1mu_Chan
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2016
    Nikinah
    Nikinah said:

Toxic
    Toxic said:

Nikinah
    Nikinah said:

Image:

Description:

Additional note:

In-game sizing:

OH NOOOOOOOOO T_T welp there goes my chance RIP
    don't worry its only one of the criteria for the contest (originality) and u are not the only on who used excisting characters from the game in his chair design,
    for instance look at page 3 the guy with the meditation core. he took the npc characters fom the korean version of Temple of Time and created new cool chair, and so are you,
    don't give up so fast! =3 I think your chair is pretty cool ,eventually You did make some changes and made a chair of your kind and taste^^.
This discussion has been closed.