[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What happened to all the socialness of Maplestory?

Comments

• GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    We all miss the days of old, but as things expand the player-base does too. It just doesn't look like it because GMS and EMS have now merged and people scatter about like ants to picnics that people have every hour. It is near impossible to find parties unless it is for something like Lucid, Damien, or Pink Bean, or Urses because those actually require multiple people to play unless you are 250 and cap damage lol

Story time:

Reboot and Scania are always super busy but I agree that people like to train solo because they want to get sweet loot or all the exp. Before my friend quit irl we tried to party in Fantasy Theme Park now this took me back for when we partied in Ant Tunnel back in 07, the exp we got for that 2 hours we played was about the same as if I did it solo but it was more fun because we partied up.

Partying with randoms in Grims was good for my Priest until Leafre came along and messed it all up for me because people kept flocking to that. >.< But I soloed Grims for good exp until Nexon changed it to a Star-force area then I had to find other spots, which I did even though it wasn't easy. What I am getting at is, if you miss the days of old get some nostalgic buddies to party with you if you can convince them to log-in ;)

Lilyflower
  • VarsikVarsik
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2016
    Glirotus
    Glirotus said:

We all miss the days of old, but as things expand the player-base does too. It just doesn't look like it because GMS and EMS have now merged and people scatter about like ants to picnics that people have every hour. It is near impossible to find parties unless it is for something like Lucid, Damien, or Pink Bean, or Urses because those actually require multiple people to play unless you are 250 and cap damage lol

Story time:

Reboot and Scania are always super busy but I agree that people like to train solo because they want to get sweet loot or all the exp. Before my friend quit irl we tried to party in Fantasy Theme Park now this took me back for when we partied in Ant Tunnel back in 07, the exp we got for that 2 hours we played was about the same as if I did it solo but it was more fun because we partied up.

Partying with randoms in Grims was good for my Priest until Leafre came along and messed it all up for me because people kept flocking to that. >.< But I soloed Grims for good exp until Nexon changed it to a Star-force area then I had to find other spots, which I did even though it wasn't easy. What I am getting at is, if you miss the days of old get some nostalgic buddies to party with you if you can convince them to log-in ;)

My favorite parts of old MS were the PQs and boat rides. These things always had you meeting new people, and always had people in certain areas making it very populated and full of life.