[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.218 Awake: Ascend to Mastery Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What happened to all the socialness of Maplestory?

Comments

  • DeckiatvDeckiatv
    Reactions: 1,050
    Posts: 31
    Member
    edited November 2016
    DepressedAran

    TerrorStreak

    maplestory is a seasonal game like it always has been. right now school is in, it is a busy time of the year for younger players and older players alike. once winter break hits and 5th job releases it will pick up fast, then after christmas break it will peeter out and then pick up yet again for summer the usual peak of the maplestory season.
    This can be said for literally every online game.
    TerrorStreak

    stop whining, everquest a game that is older than maplestory is still being played to this day with content releases on an even smaller player base lol.
    Yeah because EverQuest Next was so successful just as Nexon is trying keep this shitty franchise alive with MS2, which didn't blow up in popularity as they hoped in Korea. EQ and MS are both in the same boat.
    umm excuse me, the game is still hella popolur, also bosses like Hard Lotus, Hard damien, and the Future Boss Lucid are unsoloable. and plus we are getting a 70% pop incrise today so STOP YOUR WIWINING and get used to it andx go try to solo Hard Lotus in reboot you will fail completely and Utterly.
  • VarsikVarsik
    Reactions: 400
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Deckiatv
    Deckiatv said:

    DepressedAran

    TerrorStreak

    maplestory is a seasonal game like it always has been. right now school is in, it is a busy time of the year for younger players and older players alike. once winter break hits and 5th job releases it will pick up fast, then after christmas break it will peeter out and then pick up yet again for summer the usual peak of the maplestory season.
    This can be said for literally every online game.
    TerrorStreak

    stop whining, everquest a game that is older than maplestory is still being played to this day with content releases on an even smaller player base lol.
    Yeah because EverQuest Next was so successful just as Nexon is trying keep this shitty franchise alive with MS2, which didn't blow up in popularity as they hoped in Korea. EQ and MS are both in the same boat.
    umm excuse me, the game is still hella popolur, also bosses like Hard Lotus, Hard damien, and the Future Boss Lucid are unsoloable. and plus we are getting a 70% pop incrise today so STOP YOUR WIWINING and get used to it andx go try to solo Hard Lotus in reboot you will fail completely and Utterly.
    No one is whining.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,335
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited November 2016
    You want to know what happened to the "socialness"? The mindset that EVERYTHING must be taken on and cleared solo. Empress? Solo. Hard Magnus? Solo. Lotus/Hard Lotus? Solo. I'm waiting on a Damien solo at this point, then a hardmode solo. Every time there's something in the game that requires socializing and being in a party with other people, they sit there and cry about how they ought to be able to access it without the need for a party.
    47Ronin
  • 47Ronin47Ronin
    Reactions: 510
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Common guys lets have fun. :) ill bet it going to be alot more bussy now and fun :). Also Nexon is the best another Extention of this maintence is incomming x). Well done Nexon number 3 :P.
  • VilstuVilstu
    Reactions: 520
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited November 2016
    70% population increase? You mean the like max 1000 Europe players? Really...
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    Posts: 330
    Member
    edited November 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

    Vilstu
    Vilstu said:

    Varsik
    Varsik said:

    Vilstu
    Vilstu said:

    Varsik
    Varsik said:

    The game feels so empty now, if only you guys could have experienced 2007.
    Why do you assume that other players didn't experience Maple in 2007?
    Because 2007 is a long time ago, it would be more foolish for me to assume that they've been playing for that long.
    Quite a lot of have and I feel like a large part of players these days play just because they always have played. I'm sad to say but I don't think Maple is a very attractive game for newcomers.

    Yes, but thats EMS. EMS is more active than GMS. And yes I would love that population of EMS. the creation of new worlds are splitting the player base into small sections tbh. SInce, there are just so many choices to choose.

    actually GMS is has more players than EMS, it's just that EMS only has 2 worlds while we have 17? or 16?
    Lilyflower
  • 47Ronin47Ronin
    Reactions: 510
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Vilstu
    Vilstu said:

    70% population increase? You mean the like max 1000 Europe players? Really...
    Aww common a liitle bit more realistic plz :).
  • 47Ronin47Ronin
    Reactions: 510
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

    Vilstu
    Vilstu said:

    Varsik
    Varsik said:

    Vilstu
    Vilstu said:

    Varsik
    Varsik said:

    The game feels so empty now, if only you guys could have experienced 2007.
    Why do you assume that other players didn't experience Maple in 2007?
    Because 2007 is a long time ago, it would be more foolish for me to assume that they've been playing for that long.
    Quite a lot of have and I feel like a large part of players these days play just because they always have played. I'm sad to say but I don't think Maple is a very attractive game for newcomers.

    Yes, but thats EMS. EMS is more active than GMS. And yes I would love that population of EMS. the creation of new worlds are splitting the player base into small sections tbh. SInce, there are just so many choices to choose.

    actually GMS is has more players than EMS, it's just that EMS only has 2 worlds while we have 17? or 16?
    Ehm only 8 now O.o maplestory.nexon.net/server-status#show-servers=

  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited November 2016
    The reason why there is no socialNess is because everything is solo.
    BIackbean
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,335
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

    The reason why there is no socialNess is because everything is solo.
    No. Everyone wants everything to be done solo. No one wants to party up for bosses. Can't be having any randoms getting that hella sweet loot from any boss.
  • ErinliciousErinlicious
    Reactions: 530
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited November 2016
    chaoscauser

    7 Removed party quests like crimsonwood pq and old ones like carinval

    Carnival PQ was the MOST fun. It really was. I loved it. I miss it.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,340
    Posts: 592
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    DepressedAran

    TerrorStreak

    maplestory is a seasonal game like it always has been. right now school is in, it is a busy time of the year for younger players and older players alike. once winter break hits and 5th job releases it will pick up fast, then after christmas break it will peeter out and then pick up yet again for summer the usual peak of the maplestory season.
    This can be said for literally every online game.
    TerrorStreak

    stop whining, everquest a game that is older than maplestory is still being played to this day with content releases on an even smaller player base lol.
    Yeah because EverQuest Next was so successful just as Nexon is trying keep this shitty franchise alive with MS2, which didn't blow up in popularity as they hoped in Korea. EQ and MS are both in the same boat.
    lol seasonal game, pre unleashed it was popular all year around.

    How can you say literally every online game is seasonal? are you crazy? That couldn't be more true. Many games have high population all year around , sure it might spike up a bit around holidays but they would stay way less dead than Maple. Also holiday seasons in Maple haven't been populated in some time now.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,055
    Posts: 5,909
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

    Lilyflower

    The reason why there is no socialNess is because everything is solo.
    No. Everyone wants everything to be done solo. No one wants to party up for bosses. Can't be having any randoms getting that hella sweet loot from any boss.
    And then Nexon goes and makes new content strictly solo.
    All the new "story-based" and "blockbuster" content is "One at a time! Leave your party!"
    Whatever happened to normal quest lines that you could do alongside your friends? I remember when ToT opened we took on it in groups that made short work of the 999-kill quests. I remember my best friend guiding me through the Phantom Forest and Crimsonwood Forest quest lines, and I remember passing it on by helping low levels collect the rare drops for the NLC quests.
    We still have party-enabled quest lines at lower levels, like the Fairy Academy and Gold Beach ones, and some older content like Grand Athaneum.
    But all the new stuff requires you to go alone into special maps and tons of cutscenes that even cut you off from guild/alliance/buddy chat for minutes at a time.
    If I'd wanted to play a solo linear adventure game, I wouldn't have chosen an mmorpg to begin with.
    KingStarfireLilyflowerIvangoldKerBansotBIackbean
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    Posts: 50
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Honestly the game is dead boring and lost all the good stuff around 2011. the major pay to win aspect called Cubes and potentials broke the game utterly. if we had no chance of buying cube with real money the game would have been alot more appealing and not p2w. But as it is unless u pay 10k + dollas then forget doing bosses.
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    Posts: 140
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Deckiatv
    Deckiatv said:

    DepressedAran

    TerrorStreak

    maplestory is a seasonal game like it always has been. right now school is in, it is a busy time of the year for younger players and older players alike. once winter break hits and 5th job releases it will pick up fast, then after christmas break it will peeter out and then pick up yet again for summer the usual peak of the maplestory season.
    This can be said for literally every online game.
    TerrorStreak

    stop whining, everquest a game that is older than maplestory is still being played to this day with content releases on an even smaller player base lol.
    Yeah because EverQuest Next was so successful just as Nexon is trying keep this shitty franchise alive with MS2, which didn't blow up in popularity as they hoped in Korea. EQ and MS are both in the same boat.
    umm excuse me, the game is still hella popolur, also bosses like Hard Lotus, Hard damien, and the Future Boss Lucid are unsoloable. and plus we are getting a 70% pop incrise today so STOP YOUR WIWINING and get used to it andx go try to solo Hard Lotus in reboot you will fail completely and Utterly.
    literally wutface.

  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    Posts: 140
    Member
    edited November 2016
    chaoscauser

    lol seasonal game, pre unleashed it was popular all year around. .
    Except the post never said every game is seasonal. More like every game has a spike during holidays because school finished. This applies for every game.
    chaoscauser

    sure it might spike up a bit around holidays but they would stay way less dead than Maple.
    Biggest understatement in this thread lel. There's a reason why one of the years biggest events are always saved for the Christmas period.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,865
    Posts: 586
    Member
    edited November 2016
    @AKradian
    Just look at Root Abyss, people complained that you had to be in party to enter, now you can solo....
    Well, trainning usually is solo too, i kind see 5job fixing some of that, look at Chew Chew island party quests, there are maps that can go in party since they got good spawn and are big as well.

    Also I really feel this blockbuster thing, now you have plenty of em, and i do like the stories but i remember the old Korean Folk Town wasn't so focused on the story, now it's a blockbuster where they put a new character to go with you and just feels weird, yet the story is well writen, even tought the map is now better, i feel others places will go the same path, i just not that fan of reading stories....

    I also find annoying how new bosses use the block-buster as a pre-quest, i remember you could help friends to finish the pre-quest, now you have to see the story to go to the boss, yet i see that Lucid in V uptate made a bit diferent, i don't know how it is, but i'm glady there isn't another block-buster and it' more similar to quest in game.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 5,595
    Posts: 875
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Deckiatv
    Deckiatv said:

    umm excuse me, the game is still hella popolur, also bosses like Hard Lotus, Hard damien, and the Future Boss Lucid are unsoloable. and plus we are getting a 70% pop incrise today so STOP YOUR WIWINING and get used to it andx go try to solo Hard Lotus in reboot you will fail completely and Utterly.
    I hope you realize that Hard Lotus and Hard Damien is literally unbeatable until the damage cap lift 50mill -> 10 billion in V Update. Also that the only people who will ever come close is to the minority end-game players. This content won't be touched by a majority within the next 2-3 years.
    FeverJaws
    FeverJaws said:

    Honestly the game is dead boring and lost all the good stuff around 2011. the major pay to win aspect called Cubes and potentials broke the game utterly. if we had no chance of buying cube with real money the game would have been alot more appealing and not p2w. But as it is unless u pay 10k + dollas then forget doing bosses.
    I would argue that change was needed around the times before Big Bang. Maybe not to the extent that Nexon took such as introducing Miracle Cubes into Cash Shop, but Potential itself was a good move. Without that change bosses will only remain as raid party exclusive which a majority of the players haven't got to experience.

    But I find it useless to argue "what if they took a different route?", since it's already history. It can't be changed. We need to focus right now what the core issues are.
    Aggraphine

    Lilyflower

    The reason why there is no socialNess is because everything is solo.
    No. Everyone wants everything to be done solo. No one wants to party up for bosses. Can't be having any randoms getting that hella sweet loot from any boss.
    I would have offered up a solution, but that has failed as seen with recent changes. Instance loot first started with Chaos Root Abyss where the equipment would be given separately to players. All you needed was a good carry and boom! More drops to crash the player-to-player market. Same applies to Empress Equipment. That's why we have equipment pieces now.

    Another solution that might be viable to introduce with future end-game bosses is something similar to Ursus.
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

    @AKradian
    Just look at Root Abyss, people complained that you had to be in party to enter, now you can solo....
    Well, trainning usually is solo too, i kind see 5job fixing some of that, look at Chew Chew island party quests, there are maps that can go in party since they got good spawn and are big as well.

    Also I really feel this blockbuster thing, now you have plenty of em, and i do like the stories but i remember the old Korean Folk Town wasn't so focused on the story, now it's a blockbuster where they put a new character to go with you and just feels weird, yet the story is well writen, even tought the map is now better, i feel others places will go the same path, i just not that fan of reading stories....

    I also find annoying how new bosses use the block-buster as a pre-quest, i remember you could help friends to finish the pre-quest, now you have to see the story to go to the boss, yet i see that Lucid in V uptate made a bit diferent, i don't know how it is, but i'm glady there isn't another block-buster and it' more similar to quest in game.
    It doesn't make sense for Root Abyss to have a requirement of two anymore when ever other entry only requires to be in a solo party.

    A lot of the "player-to-player interaction" mechanics were removed due to how quote-on-quote "broken" the system was. Raid System, Party Play, Family, Sidekicks, Carnival Party Quest, PvP, Star Planet, etc.

    The problems aren't that they were removed in the first place since they're long gone. It's that there nothing replaced them.

    People have complained that many group-based systems were broken (not-specific towards any) and eventually got removed. Now players are complaining there are no group based systems. The question is what can be introduced without it being absolutely broken that it can be abused.

    But that's just my opinion.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    Posts: 519
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Ya, GMS has way too many worlds... But merging them all into 1 won't work because of guilds and buddies ... SIGH. But still EMS looks very very active just for two worlds!!!!
    Lilyflower
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,375
    Posts: 1,161
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    unleashed