[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What happened to the Maplestory browser game?

NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
Reactions: 1,240
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Would anyone want to play a Maple game without needing to download a client? Maybe with the right scaling and feedback, I think it could work.
There is already Pocket Maplestory but I do not find the thought of using phone controls to be appealing. (no matter how polished the game looks)
Couldn't the Facebook game get revamped? I heard about it but never tried it. Was it any good or was it a flop?

Or is this the kind of thing that would be too hard?

Comments

• LeeTbeatsLeeTbeats
    Reactions: 1,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Maple had a browser game at some point?

Your thread title and post seem to be about 2 different things.

And answering your post question, Maple has been running and building itself as a client game for 11 years now.
    I really do believe it is possible to build Maple through a browser, but it would have to exist completely separate from the main game. They can never be connected.

Is the question "what happened to the maplestory browser game?" referring to the Facebook game?
    The Facebook game was a flop because Facebook games are no longer profitable due to ad block and the mobile market. Nobody makes games there anymore.
  • ASoggyRatASoggyRat
    Reactions: 740
    edited November 2016
    The only browser version of maple I remember was back years ago on EMS there was a small platforming type game on the website which had about 3 levels to it. I don't remember ever seeing a facebook version, but I kind of wish I had seen it, out of curiousity.
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited November 2016
    There were versions of the trading card game and the game on Facebook which I believe was MapleStory Adventures.
    The former wasn't a bad implementation and was did have flaws before being shuttered. Some things about the game were actually rather fun as a game in it's own right. To put it one way, it felt a lot like the current Pokemon TCG Online client.

MapleStory Adventures was your typical Facebook game that made the MMO we know and love look a wee bit worse for wear. On the other hand, it also looked much better compared to the application on Facebook.