[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• SaifsSaifs
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited December 2016
    So since I was effected by Issue #1 I assume I won't be able to access my account even after the maintenance is complete so that my items are restored to their original stats amirite?
  • changzzzchangzzz
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    I decided to get back onto maplestory today. This unscheduled maintenance is making me more eager to play!
  • DrayvenXDrayvenX
    Reactions: 460
    edited December 2016
    Well I just came back from a LONG Hiatus cause I saw the event and I just redownloaded it so I could try and see if the game was worth getting back into. So I am going into the game blind with zero friends to play with haven't picked a server even yet and... its down. Sad face* Oh well maybe by chatting in here I can get some tips and meet some people till it does come up.
    ringayeen
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    ExoArt
    ExoArt said:

How do you mess up so much content that has already been released? .... i think separating language display from things in game and copying the files would be a hell of a lot easier than this hectic system you guys have implemented.
    If you've tried programming something, it's a lot more complicated than that. Basically, you can never be sure when and which codes will interfere with one another. On top of that, you write so many lines of code that it's excruciating to go back through it when something was messed up or forgotten in the code. You might have a whole team working on coding different pieces of something, and for some reason or another it just doesn't work the way it was expected to. To cut to the chase, they're not the ones making the system hectic, it's just a hectic system that demands spot-on accuracy to function
    astrosnot
  • SaifsSaifs
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited December 2016
    DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

Well I just came back from a LONG Hiatus cause I saw the event and I just redownloaded it so I could try and see if the game was worth getting back into. So I am going into the game blind with zero friends to play with haven't picked a server even yet and... its down. Sad face* Oh well maybe by chatting in here I can get some tips and meet some people till it does come up.

aaaah come to broa/khaini! hehe
    DrayvenXKarpuski
    edited December 2016
    changzzz
    changzzz said:

I decided to get back onto maplestory today. This unscheduled maintenance is making me more eager to play!
    You've got the right idea! It's better to wait for the maintenance to finish with anticipation than with hate for the programmers
    DrayvenXchangzzz
  • DemonkingDemiseDemonkingDemise
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    This is intense. I'm glad that they were able to find fixes for most of the issues and the compensations are more than generous for having one day of down time.
  • EucilleEucille
    Reactions: 550
    edited December 2016
    the sooner i get to play, the better... but anyway. as long as its up in 12 hours from now, i'll be happy.
  • DrayvenXDrayvenX
    edited December 2016
    No hate, I am chilling I used to be a WoW player and then if it was extended you didn't get anything all you got was a sorry and hey keep paying your sub or else. I have more patience than most think I'll roll demon slayer looks the most fun to me.
  • xSokoxSoko
    Reactions: 850
    edited December 2016
    NeverOp
    NeverOp said:

Issue 1: Item Stats Fix: As of the end of maintenance, this issue will be fixed, but the affected Maplers will be temporarily blocked from the game until tomorrow so that we can properly restore their items. The exact time for completion is not yet available for this.
    Welp more waiting for me I guess .-.
    Same :(

• DrayvenXDrayvenX
    edited December 2016
    Saifs
    Saifs said:

DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

aaaah come to broa/khaini! hehe
    I might take you up on that. I need someone to party with and chill with in game. I find MMOs are always more fun when you have people to party with and goof around even. Though I wont know my way around for nothing lol.
  • DefinitelyNotJoshDefinitelyNotJosh
    edited December 2016
    So that's... what... 2 and a half hours from now? roughly
    edited December 2016
    DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

No hate, I am chilling I used to be a WoW player and then if it was extended you didn't get anything all you got was a sorry and hey keep paying your sub or else. I have more patience than most think I'll roll demon slayer looks the most fun to me.
    In my opinion, they're one of the best classes to choose from. I've been a DS fan since it came out and it's awesome just beating on monsters with unrelenting attacks. Your HP is pretty high compared to most classes and your speed makes grinding a bit quicker. And some of the passive abilities are kinda OP too
    DrayvenX
  • XambrynXambryn
    Reactions: 795
    edited December 2016
    See? The waiting game paid off. It always does in the end.
  • EstamillichiEstamillichi
    edited December 2016
    Can I also add in, when I logged on right after the scheduled patch, all my hair styles and face were gone that I saved in the salon. Will they be back in place after the maint? I spent quite a bit on hairs and eyes so I would really like for them to appear back....
  • DrayvenXDrayvenX
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

In my opinion, they're one of the best classes to choose from. I've been a DS fan since it came out and it's awesome just beating on monsters with unrelenting attacks. Your HP is pretty high compared to most classes and your speed makes grinding a bit quicker. And some of the passive abilities are kinda OP too
    Thanks for the advice appreciate that, sounds right up my alley then. Now.. to wait then grind like a madman..
  • EucilleEucille
    Reactions: 550
    edited December 2016
    DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

to each their own, i geuss. I really like Mercedes and Shades, but I think I might try my hand at Jett soon. I know people talk bad about it, but it seems fun to me.
    DrayvenX
  • ScytheeScythee
    Reactions: 450
    edited December 2016
    How about giving us an NX transfer event? It has almost been a year.. for god's sake.
    Wolfcat501
  • DrayvenXDrayvenX
    edited December 2016
    Eucille
    Eucille said:

DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

to each their own, i geuss. I really like Mercedes and Shades, but I think I might try my hand at Jett soon. I know people talk bad about it, but it seems fun to me.
    I plan on more classes then just Demon Slayer he's just the first that caught my interest, trust me I will dig into others as well different roles appeal to different people all a matter of playstyle and class setups.
  • AoikazegaAoikazega
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Regardless, simple testing could have avoided this weeks in advance, especially for such a game-changing update.