[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestions and Feedback List - 9.19 - 9.23

KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
Reactions: 11,690
edited October 2016 in Archive
Hey everyone,

Here is the feedback that I reviewed and forwarded from 9.19 - 9.23. Please keep in mind, that not every suggestion or request can/will be acted on.
Suggestion TypeSuggestion DetailsLink
ItemsLevel 100 Emblems for Kanna, Hayato, Beast Tamer, and Jett.Forum
ItemsMake all chairs movable within the account due to inventory issues.Old Forum
ItemsGhost Ship Exorcist Badge - Currently the only pottable badge that is worth using in-game. Consider allowing players to replace their badge if destroyed.

Alternatively - Implement new badge geared towards characters that are above Lv. 160.
Forum
GameplayImprove Practice for Tower of Oz
  • Remove Time Restrictions
  • No rewards (no exp or items)
  • No ranking
Forum
GameplayCrusder Codex Revamp -
  • Clean up duplicate and outdated monsters
    • Possibly add section for "Classic" or "Retro" monsters that are no longer obtainable
  • Add cards for new monsters
  • Implement JMS Features
    • Summon Multiple Familiars
    • Familiar Potential
  • Implement CMS/TMS Feature
    • Different UI
    • Multiple Codex Set Effects at a time
Forum
GameplayAllow items to be linked in chat without use of Item Megaphone similar to World of Warcraft. Possibility - Allow items to be linked in /all, /buddy, /guild, etc. chat. Would only be linked to people around you. Item Megaphones for cross channel and global links.Forum
GameplayRemove Magnus Anti-Hack measures.Old Forum
GameplayBring back election events and possibly videosForum
GameplayImprove guild joining process
  • Remove the requirement to request to join a guild
  • Allow players to accept guild invites similar to buddy requests
Forum
GameplayMonster Collection Improvements -
  • Remove Unique variant requirements for Elite Mobs
  • Increase chance to add monsters to collection
GameplayBring back henesys Hunting Ground for low level training.Forum
GameplayMonster Live Revamp SuggestionsForum
GameplayTaxi and Travel Improvements - Centralized Travel for players.

Players are already able to freely travel to almost every town in the game without use of Hyper Teleport Rock. Could potentially implement new portal system that allows to travel to all towns.
Forum
NX CashCash Shop Transfer EventForum
NX CashMore user friendly Nebulite Extractor.Forum
NX Cash / ItemsEpic and Unique Bonus Potential ScrollsForum
NX CashName Change Coupons/EventForum Forum
NX CashAllow male characters to use Freckles, the face accessory.Forum
NX CashCreate Label Rings for Guild Names.Forum
NX CashPermanent Nero Cat PetForum
NX CashMix Dye Coupon in Cash Shop instead of just in Star PlanetForum
NX Cash / GameplayMulti-Damage Skin (Changes when your stance or form switches e.g. Zero and Luminous)

Alternative - Allow Damage Skins to be keybound similar to other Cash Effects
Forum
Its2Sharp4UbumbertyrNeospectorJettLuvsUSkyTheDestroyerCatoooloooAKradianAggraphineふかせPonPonand 9 others.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    I don't feel that it's necessary to have another portal with which you may travel to any town. There are already two in the same map: the Pantheon portal and the Shanghai Interdimensional portal. Both of these portals can take you to any town, including Kritias and Haven, so I see no need for a third.

The only towns that aren't accessible through either portal are World Tour areas and New Leaf City, however the latter can be accessed through the Dimensional Mirror in any town that has one. I suppose, to a lesser extent, one may include Three Doors, Henesys In Ruins and Twilight Perion in the list of towns you can't directly teleport to without a HTR.
    bumbertyrKThxBaiNao
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Level 100 Emblems for Kanna, Hayato, Beast Tamer, and Jett.
    Well, we can at least confirm Kanna/Hayato/Beast Tamer emblems are in JMS thanks to Twitter, but it's up to GMS to put out a Jett one.

I don't personally care for the portal suggestion (not without some incentive to explore on your own) or the election video suggestion (I would prefer avoiding the topic entirely), but I would love to see the codex revamp.
    IvangoldSkyTheDestroyerKThxBaiNaoJettLuvsU
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    This trainning for oz seens confused, practice don't even give reward nor is releated to ranking why is this there? just more time for practice would be cool(honestly i have better sugestions to low a bit the RNG there besides glichs that been there for ages).

(Who thinked to remove ranking of tower of oz? without it almost nobody would go there, and i personally go there for the emblem too..., i guess i confused to usual oz , this is just for practice right?).
  • FruitbabyFruitbaby
    Reactions: 700
    edited October 2016
    Can we have a world leap/transfer event that includes going into Scania before the merge? :)
  • MicrosoftMicrosoft
    Reactions: 755
    edited October 2016
    So, you didn't report the Phantom's Final Cut skill bug? I've been reporting that for 2 years now. =(
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Nothing about world alliances/merges? :< thought that was suggested quite a few times...

Otherwise looks like a good selection.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    Microsoft
    Microsoft said:

So, you didn't report the Phantom's Final Cut skill bug? I've been reporting that for 2 years now. =(
    All these are part of Suggestions with the minor exception of Magnus and Crusader Codex which has their fair share of both.

Since Final Cut for Phantoms is simply a bug, it'll be redundant as a Suggestion because it will be an obvious "yes" to fix. On the other hand, enforcing better practices for bug reports is a better topic at hand. It may fade individual bugs that matter to us the most but it proves a point that something is still wrong with the bug report system after the forum move.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Microsoft
    Microsoft said:

This page is on Suggestions and Feedback, not bugs. Those would be separate from this list.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

This trainning for oz seens confused, practice don't even give reward nor is releated to ranking why is this there? just more time for practice would be cool(honestly i have better sugestions to low a bit the RNG there besides glichs that been there for ages).

(Who thinked to remove ranking of tower of oz? without it almost nobody would go there, and i personally go there for the emblem too..., i guess i confused to usual oz , this is just for practice right?).
    I'm also confused as to why Michael specified that there would be no rewards and no rankings for practicing ToZ runs.......

Personally though, I believe that the practice runs shouldn't be timed period considering you already have to pay Oz points to get a practice ticket (or you did last time I tried practicing a floor)
  • SaiyansSaiyans
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    Not sure if you're taking anymore suggestions but one suggestion I have is making blackgate mobs drop nebulite boxes again, getting nebs in Reboot is such a pain right now.
  • ScyphenScyphen
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited October 2016
    Suggestion for more guild emblems?
  • iamfulliamfull
    Reactions: 540
    edited October 2016
    ... possible level 100 jett emblem... I have my hopes high right now, but I know that can only lead to extreme disappointment T.T
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Well done :-)

A few suggestions for improvement:

1. Make a subsection for these posts.
    Assuming you'll keep making them on a weekly basis, there will soon be too many to sticky them all. And these forums' search function is useless, so finding the posts if they're not stickied will become impossible.
    (Speaking of which, this thread should be stickied instead of the "Test" one)

2. Add a list of suggestions you looked at but didn't forward.
    (I haven't actually checked whether everything suggested in that week is on your list, I just assume you don't automatically forward everything.)
    I think that we deserve to know whether our idea is not on your list because you somehow missed the thread, or because you rejected it.
    So it would be nice to have a list of threads not forwarded, along with a reason such as:
    • The idea was already considered and rejected by the team - Would hopefully stop people from making the same suggestion over and over
    • Something similar is already in the works - Yay!
    • CM couldn't understand the suggestion - Would prompt the person to try and explain themselves better
    • The suggestion seems to have no support in the community - For threads that have no responses or Likes, or have negative responses
    • The idea requires too much effort for not much benefit - Things like new class ideas, that even a non-programmer can tell are a big project
    3. Update these posts when you get replies from the team.
    You probably already intended to, but since I don't see a column for the response in your table, I thought I'd say it anyway.

4. These threads should be locked.
    As you can see, people use this thread to discuss the ideas you forwarded (instead of posting in those ideas' respective threads) and to make unrelated suggestions (instead of making separate threads). So it would probably be best to lock these threads.

Keep up the good work!
    Niightseeker
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited October 2016
    VIOLET CUBES
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    DeathStar
    DeathStar said:

VIOLET CUBES
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    DeathStar
    DeathStar said:

VIOLET CUBES
    how about no?.....
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Would you be able to tell us if anything came out of the discussion about separating Reboot rankings from regular servers' Overall and Job ranks? iirc you brought it up with the team quite a while ago.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    The list is looking good so far, keep it going with the suggestions! The suggestion on the list I'd like implemented the most is the chair trading one.
  • BlanoomanBlanooman
    Reactions: 565
    edited October 2016
    I just want my skill sound effects...:(
  • GboyGboy
    Reactions: 1,455
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Level 100 Emblems for Kanna, Hayato, Beast Tamer, and Jett.

Since you're thinking about adding emblems for Jett, Kanna, Beast Tamer and Hayato, could you also make changes to secondary equipment, specifically Mechanic's secondary. It's one of the only non-tradable secondaries if I recall correctly.

Most other jobs are free to trade their secondaries, say if they're switching classes and want to sell it, but Mechanics are unable to do that, making us hesitant to use items or potential it in fear that it will become obsolete since we cannot trade it around.

Apologies if I wasn't suppose to quote you to suggest something.