[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bye Bye Mesos Farming?

AsekaAseka
Reactions: 410
in General Chat
Sorry i'm new to Reboot and im finding most common way people are farming mesos is mesos farming in Bye Bye Station and killing their character at 149 so they dont level. I don't understand if this is aganist the ToS. Some people are saying yes online and some are saying no. I need a clear answer I dont want to get banned because I already bought my 3 pets and all package and made my kanna 149 and I dont want to get banned for no reason. Please explain the rules to me.

thank you!
WONDERGUYtestll8806

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2019
    Well ure screwed now since nexon has come up with this smart idea that suiciding to stay on a certain level is a bannable offense, so good luck progressing as a new player on reboot. Oh and dont forget to buy our new royal hairs and boxes and spend 200 dollars just to not get what u were looking for
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Clear answer is now given. The logic behind it is I'm sure that death is supposed to be seen as a punishment.
    So even if losing EXP is what is supposed to happen when you die, you aren't supposed to turn that around to gain mesos faster.
    It converts the punishment into a reward, which isn't what Nexon intended to happen.
    darik wrote: »
    Well ure screwed now since nexon has come up with this smart idea that suiciding to stay on a certain level is a bannable offense, so good luck progressing as a new player on reboot. Oh and dont forget to buy our new royal hairs and boxes and spend 200 dollars just to not get what u were looking for

Progression is still possible. Harder for sure, yes. But it's not like they've completely cut off new players.
    With Arcane River Symbols and Level Curves being adjusted to be easier, as well as StarForce etc,
    I would expect more changes in the future to help new players play the eternal game of "catch up".

As far as spending money on the game, I wouldn't recommend new players ever do that except for maybe a sole pet.
    Take the time to see if you like the game before you drop a bunch of money on it.
    testll8806
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Clear answer is now given. The logic behind it is I'm sure that death is supposed to be seen as a punishment.
    So even if losing EXP is what is supposed to happen when you die, you aren't supposed to turn that around to gain mesos faster.
    It converts the punishment into a reward, which isn't what Nexon intended to happen.

Progression is still possible. Harder for sure, yes. But it's not like they've completely cut off new players.
    With Arcane River Symbols and Level Curves being adjusted to be easier, as well as StarForce etc,
    I would expect more changes in the future to help new players play the eternal game of "catch up".

As far as spending money on the game, I wouldn't recommend new players ever do that except for maybe a sole pet.
    Take the time to see if you like the game before you drop a bunch of money on it.

In the future,but what about the new players now? They are fucked,a lot of people started playing or came back from a long break to see Glory patch just to realized that either they spend a **** ton of hors playing daily or gl with progression,taking into account a job , family and such and progression in game is now non existant. You can say what u say cuz u probably are already very advanced in game but if u were starting just now u wouldnt be saying what ure saying now so calmly
    testll8806
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019

In the future,but what about the new playera now? They are fuxked,a lot of people started playing or came back from a long break to see glory just to realized that either they spend a **** ton of hors playing daily or gl with progression,taking into account a job , family and such and progression in game is now non existant. You can say what u say cuz u probably are already very advanced in game but if u were starting just now u wouldnt be saying what ure saying now so calmly

I can say what I say now and would even if I was just starting because I never used these methods in the first place.
    I have never used Kanna to grind, and the only thing that has ever stopped me is my own lack of ambition.
    Despite being probably one of the most lazy players I'm sitting 5% away from 250, with a legion level of 6500+.

That said, friends who pick up the game and even play for a short period are able to hit where I was in about a year of playing within a month or two.
    They work full time, and/or have family/college that they have to deal with as well.
    They don't use these methods either. These players aren't "fuxked", they just can't abuse game mechanics anymore. That's it.
    testll8806
  • VoiceInAVoidVoiceInAVoid
    Reactions: 370
    edited November 2019
    tbh I never heard about a game that forces you to level up its seems to be only at Nexon tbh, if I want to stay at certain level range that pleases to me and i have the option to do so without using anything else except the option that comes built in the game itself I don't see what am I doing wrong, if you don't wanna people to use the option of dying in purpose just remove the exp penalty after death problem solved but don't be fools that telling us that we doing something wrong wtf who the hell you think you are (Nexon)
    I will use any option that comes built in the game to serve my will and only my will of how my eyes see fits to play this game(ofc I am not talking about using hacks or bots etc... only in legit way using what the game offers and in this game has a way to lose exp just for getting killed by mobs) you think you can tell us that we can't get killed in legit way from just getting killed by mobs and stay at the same level that we want to stay on so let me tell you something you are dumb as fk because you make the problem and tell people they are the problem if you don't wanna see suicides anymore just remove the fking option instead telling people its wrong to use it for our gain interest we have the rights to use every method that comes built in the game for our pleases especially if its not 3rd program or exploit bugs or something like that if I wanna die in purpose in this game I can do it over and over again who the hell you think you are to tell me otherwise after that you better gonna tell me what items to wear in this game if u don't wanna us to use your built in option just remove the death penalty and after that if people still doing exploit's or use other programs for losing exp then tell them they breaking the boundaries of the game but you cant tell us we do it right now for just being suicide in normal way by mobs and lose exp that how you guys made it and I use it for my own benefit

p.s we have a free will to do what we want in the boundaries of the game ofc so don't tell me otherwise you don't wanna us to use suicides just remove the option you don't let the cat guard on the milk and afterward come with complains to him that he ate the milk just remove the milk from him
    Fuhreak wrote: »

well if u going to kill it give alternative instead of killing it and say screwd all the new ppl without old chars for farming at arcana cause this server doesn't have real sources of gain money for make any progress so after nexon kill that you know what going to happen only old player going to make money those ones who made arcana kanna with funding of bye bye Kanna so what about the new players that don't have bye bye kanna you think they going to participate at party bosses or something like that they barely making Mesos for rolling pots and really going to stay behind and those who have arkanna already gonna thrive

and bout you're saying its a punishment I have free will to use the punishment for my interest if u don't like it that I am using the punishment for my own good so the real punishment going to be without the punishment you feel me
    dariktestll8806
  • DannehzDannehz
    Reactions: 240
    In all honesty.... there's a reason why Maplestory as a game is on the heavy decline :/ Nexon are making it harder and harder for new players to progress. Most of the old clientele that use to play are now gone due to updates that have screwed the game (In their opinion). And like VoiceInAVoid said, If you're going to build off your own error and then punish players because of it, remove the problem, not make it worse.

Unfortunatly I'm one of those returning players that's trying to fund characters but as this is now 100% a bannable offence, I'm screwed for money farming. There's no decent maps from 149~185ish that can supply 1shot + decent money unless your kanna is funded. Without the ability to fund your kanna throughout the early levels, theres
    WONDERGUYdarik
  • thekenturahthekenturah
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited November 2019
    I've played Maplestory since 2005, in reboot for 3 years, have a 8k+ legion and 4 characters in reboot over lvl 230. I don't even understand why people suicide farm and why they think that without it they can't play the game because they can't get mesos. I guess your progression will be slower, but if you are smart with spending the mesos you have by waiting for cube and enhancing events you dont NEED billions of mesos at lvl 150. Maplestory is a game, have fun, you dont have to get to "end game" in 2 months..... and please stop whining at Nexon about making the game harder, you sound like a bunch of little kids whining at their parents for more toys.....
    Fuhreaktestll8806