[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lagging a lot

cartiantycartianty
Reactions: 500
edited November 2019 in Tech Support
Are there more people who are having problems with lags??
I`m having lots off probs with it and its getting annoying.
The quests with getting 300/500 combo kills I cant play due to lagging.

MS what can I do to play normal and are you going to fix this???

Comments

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited November 2019
    Had the exact same issue as well.

Between combos breaking from lag, Pollo & Fito portals never appearing, and every surprise missions asking me to find 3 elite monsters in under half an hour; eventually said “screw it” to the Haste Event and focused primarily on completing Bards songbook .

A couple of tips that might help though alleviate some of the lag:
    • No such thing as a free “Launch”
      Close Nexon Launcher once the game is fully up and running, frees up a lot of RAM right there.

• I stream, You stream, We all stream for...
      Having a Twitch stream and/or a Discord’s web app open in a browser tab will take up A LOT of processing power on top of running MS Simultaneously. Either pick one to keep (but minimize the browser window while you play) or close both and listen in from a mobile device.

• Game, Set(tings), and Match
      Lower MS graphics setting to the bare minimum via the system configuration menu. You can walkways go back and Gradually improve the settings when lag is being somewhat more tolerant
    cartianty
  • cartiantycartianty
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2019
    Scholar624 Tried all off that but still......................... keep lagging

MS do something please its getting realy annoying
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    It might be a hardware shortcoming? People use the term lag to describe everything from shoddy connections to poor performance of the game itself.
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited November 2019
    server is very unstable and keep dc-ing.