[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hacking to level 250 - I feel like Don Quijote

justsomeonejustsomeone
Reactions: 515
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Yea, the Old sad story :
Nexon are frequently asking for our opinion on the game and if we will recommend this game to friends.
I play this game for 12 years and I will NOT recommend this game to anyone. (for few reasons, today I will mention one)
NEXON fail to combat botters in game. What bothers me the most are the hackers who get to level 250 within few days.
I sent NEXON tickets asking them to check a case of a character who got to level 250 within a week and they closed all my tickets as " resolved " while the hacker still on ranking list as a proud level 250.
I know its an old topic but the race to level 250 if forgotten. The days when the forum was on fire about leveling with hacks.
I am not talking about macro users, I am talking about pro bots that get a character to level 250 within only few days. I am sure that NEXON can easily check the amount of experience gained in a certain amount of time, but they prefer to ignore.
I feel like Don Quixote, no one in NEXON's office will read this. I am not even 1 % optimistic that something will be done or changed.
Please stop asking if we will recommend the game to other, we will not. and the dead servers are the evidence.
Paladin2

Comments

• BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    i still recommend to friends given that i am an avid player regardless of all the mishaps -- which can eventually be fixed. example would be the guild chat + buddy chat glitches!
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    we tried our best.... but still nexon doesnt listen to the players :/ for how many years? 11 freakin years and still no changes.
  • boompower1x8boompower1x8
    Reactions: 840
    edited October 2016
    These new breed of cheaters level so fast, most likely they're already level 250 by the time Nexon gets around to their case. And since they're 250 and done botting, Nexon can't catch them in their act and ban them. Not sure if they archive gameplay footages from the past lol.
    justsomeoneLilyflowerZeldaOfHyrule
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    lul, no one cares about level 250. The authenticity wore off after the first people reached 250 like ZerobyDivide and Inmate, and the various other 'mobbing god' Luminous players. Who spent up to 8-18 hours a day pressing one button.

And Nexon has historically been terrible dealing with hackers and bots. What makes you think anything will change?
    Paladin2WillowRosenberg
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

Um... the first ones to get to 250 though essentially cheated by exploiting flaws in the game in regards to party experience. As far as I see it, 99%+ of the people at level 250 likely cheated their way to that point in at least some capacity or another. I don't believe it's HUMANLY possible to actually reach level 250 in this game. There might be a few extreme exceptions, but not very likely ones. Basically, when I see someone at level 250, I don't go, "Wow, what an incredible achievement!", rather I think, "Wow, that person must have cheated." That's my first instinctual reaction, which is why I don't think anyone should even bother trying to reach level 250, because most people will just see you as a cheater, even if you did somehow manage to make it their on your own.
    I'm aware of them. The Bishop exp exploit, party leech exploit if leechers were 40 levels below, the 'secret' spot where Luminous's could hit every mob on the map until it got patched etc. Most of them abused these exploits, but at least they did it by hand. Almost all, except a few who reached 250 a year ago when SDH was the best exp to grind are cheaters who used hacks, macros, or exp exploits.

If there was no Kishin in GMS, things would take 2 to 3x longer.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

DepressedAran

lul, no one cares about level 250. The authenticity wore off after the first people reached 250 like ZerobyDivide and Inmate, and the various other 'mobbing god' Luminous players. Who spent up to 8-18 hours a day pressing one button.

And Nexon has historically been terrible dealing with hackers and bots. What makes you think anything will change?
    Um... the first ones to get to 250 though essentially cheated by exploiting flaws in the game in regards to party experience. As far as I see it, 99%+ of the people at level 250 likely cheated their way to that point in at least some capacity or another. I don't believe it's HUMANLY possible to actually reach level 250 in this game. There might be a few extreme exceptions, but not very likely ones. Basically, when I see someone at level 250, I don't go, "Wow, what an incredible achievement!", rather I think, "Wow, that person must have cheated." That's my first instinctual reaction, which is why I don't think anyone should even bother trying to reach level 250, because most people will just see you as a cheater, even if you did somehow manage to make it their on your own.
    Hacking and exploiting game flaws are 2 different things. I don't see the latter as 'cheating' in the full sense of the word but that's my opinion.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

Hacking and exploiting game flaws are 2 different things. I don't see the latter as 'cheating' in the full sense of the word but that's my opinion.
    if you're exploiting a flaw with the game to gain an advantage you're cheating.
    gamechanger
  • LusttouLusttou
    Reactions: 305
    edited October 2016
    Man, it's sad seeing people gain 500b exp per day while im here getting maybe 50b if i tried hard enough (lv240 lumi)
  • ShadEightShadEight
    edited October 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

In the same way as literally bypassing the game security and manipulating code? I don't think so tim.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2016
    all my family plays this and also in my guild so i always recommend most of my guild is built with family members and friends so yea i recommend all day err day.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

In the same way as literally bypassing the game security and manipulating code? I don't think so tim.
    Cheating is cheating, it doesn't really matter how you go about it. And FYI, none of the botters or dupers are manipulating code either, they all use programs that they don't understand because a third party wrote them.
    Lilyflower
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited October 2016
    Hacking is a past problem yet still large in games that are big.

Hackers have no future its that simple, most of them are Age 25+.
    "Kool you make money off an online game" "So how about you get off you're lazy BUTT & find a real job. "
    Tho the majority just die in real life from health issues because obesity it still an common problem.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited October 2016
    Lucsean99
    Lucsean99 said:

Hacking is a past problem yet still large in games that are big.

Hackers have no future its that simple, most of them are Age 25+.
    "Kool you make money off an online game" "So how about you get off you're lazy BUTT & find a real job. "
    Tho the majority just die in real life from health issues because obesity it still an common problem.
    hackers are nothing but lazy people who are lazy to get a job -.-"

• ShadEightShadEight
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Cheating is cheating, it doesn't really matter how you go about it.
    Actually it does. If nexon is careless to overlook a design mechanism and rely on the good will of players not to find and use those loopholes, it isn't 'cheating' (granted some loopholes are found through hack which IS cheating but some are not). It's their way of hiding their own errors, like the last cube exploit where they failed to fix an ALREADY KNOWN loophole.
    gamechanger

And FYI, none of the botters or dupers are manipulating code either, they all use programs that they don't understand because a third party wrote them.
    Just because they use a program and don't understand it's inner clockwork, doesn't mean they're not manipulating code with packets.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited November 2016
    ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

Actually it does. If nexon is careless to overlook a design mechanism and rely on the good will of players not to find and use those loopholes, it isn't 'cheating' (granted some loopholes are found through hack which IS cheating but some are not). It's their way of hiding their own errors, like the last cube exploit where they failed to fix an ALREADY KNOWN loophole..
    And.. you can get banned from exploiting those bugs? Because you were gaining an unfair advantage from an unintentional source? Unless something changed from the last time I played and people don't get banned for exploiting bugs...
    Cheating is cheating, gamechanger is totally right. Even if you aren't using a program or messing with the code, even taking advantage of a bug rather than reporting it is cheating.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

Actually it does. If nexon is careless to overlook a design mechanism and rely on the good will of players not to find and use those loopholes, it isn't 'cheating' (granted some loopholes are found through hack which IS cheating but some are not). It's their way of hiding their own errors, like the last cube exploit where they failed to fix an ALREADY KNOWN loophole..
    And.. you can get banned from exploiting those bugs? Because you were gaining an unfair advantage from an unintentional source? Unless something changed from the last time I played and people don't get banned for exploiting bugs...
    Cheating is cheating, gamechanger is totally right. Even if you aren't using a program or messing with the code, even taking advantage of a bug rather than reporting it is cheating.
    anyone who says cheating is okay is rather stupid -.-" cheating is not okay! it gives unfair advantage and against tos.

• ShadEightShadEight
    edited November 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

Did anyone get banned from the party exp exploit? I remember inmate getting in trouble but they let him and everyone else off the hook until they patched the whole thing later on. It obviously depends on the severity of the exploit itself, the last cube exploit saw many bans. I wouldn't say Inmate cheated his way to the top because he didn't hack into the game. The people who are getting to 250 now are full blown map hackers with packet editors.
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

I disagree. I still think the onus is on nexon to prevent non-hackable bugs on their own merit. If their complacency leads to the loopholes in the game they can't simply put all the blame on players and call them 'cheaters'. Don't give nexon the greenlight to do a half-donkeyed job.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited November 2016
    ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

Uzume
    Uzume said:

Did anyone get banned from the party exp exploit? I remember inmate getting in trouble but they let him and everyone else off the hook until they patched the whole thing later on. It obviously depends on the severity of the exploit itself, the last cube exploit saw many bans. I wouldn't say Inmate cheated his way to the top because he didn't hack into the game. The people who are getting to 250 now are full blown map hackers with packet editors.
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

I disagree. I still think the onus is on nexon to prevent non-hackable bugs on their own merit. If their complacency leads to the loopholes in the game they can't simply put all the blame on players and call them 'cheaters'. Don't give nexon the greenlight to do a half-donkeyed job.
    nexon bans people for no reason at times i seen it happen on my sever but yet theres bots everywhere and gms have times to do events "which is fun as h3ll ;D' but not have time to come visit the hackers. i made a thread about this in the past also sum of the hackers got a pass for sum reasons i dont kno but most of wat i kno i tried to change it in the past can call em out but i got shut down so ima enjoy the game and if i see the hackers ima say high and keep it moving. ima enjoy my boss runs and ursus raids. also if you all wanna see a legit mapler in action check out my ch rizadragnel where you see all my ventures ;p.
    Lilyflower
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

Actually it does. If nexon is careless to overlook a design mechanism and rely on the good will of players not to find and use those loopholes, it isn't 'cheating' (granted some loopholes are found through hack which IS cheating but some are not). It's their way of hiding their own errors, like the last cube exploit where they failed to fix an ALREADY KNOWN loophole.

They don't have to, but they do because let's face it, everything goes two ways. There wouldn't be botters if people stopped buying from them. Problems will always happen and like any other business, you rely on your consumer feedback in order to figure out what to improve/fix. We all know we'd get a better game if we work together.
    ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

I don't think they do. I've seen them apologize for all the crap several times. The thing is, they do have to put limits. Yeah doing a glitch several times may sound reasonable (though highly unlikely unless gathering data) but doing it several times to gain a significant advantage -- anybody can say that's extra effed up. Moreso if the glitch is game-breaking or worse, known with a fix underway. I think this explains why the bans on glitch abuse is based on severity.

At the end of the day, it's not the way the game is intended to be played so why do it? Just because I put food on the table doesn't mean it's for you to eat. Could've been dog food you know. :/

tl;dr: I agree with gamechanger. The same way they can't/shouldn't pull all the blame on abusers, we can't/shouldn't put all the blame on them either.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

They don't have to, but they do because let's face it, everything goes two ways. There wouldn't be botters if people stopped buying from them. Problems will always happen and like any other business, you rely on your consumer feedback in order to figure out what to improve/fix. We all know we'd get a better game if we work together.
    ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

I don't think they do. I've seen them apologize for all the crap several times. The thing is, they do have to put limits. Yeah doing a glitch several times may sound reasonable (though highly unlikely unless gathering data) but doing it several times to gain a significant advantage -- anybody can say that's extra effed up. Moreso if the glitch is game-breaking or worse, known with a fix underway. I think this explains why the bans on glitch abuse is based on severity.

At the end of the day, it's not the way the game is intended to be played so why do it? Just because I put food on the table doesn't mean it's for you to eat. Could've been dog food you know. :/

tl;dr: I agree with gamechanger. The same way they can't/shouldn't pull all the blame on abusers, we can't/shouldn't put all the blame on them either.
    me too I agree with gamechanger this person puts it in the right direction.

BIackbean