[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

MapleStory 1 MapleStory 2 Connection?(spoilers?)

MichrMichr
Reactions: 1,265
edited July 2017 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
Not too long ago an update was released that gave the adventurer classes new intros as well as new voices. Blah blah blah blah WHAT IS THISSSSSS. From what I've seen so far the intros for Ranger and Heavy Gunner both show characters that look very similar to the Resistance and Lilin. Does this mean MS2 is some kind of prequel or alternate universe?
QGlKnxh.jpg
lGuDaWH.jpg
YUWbK7W.jpg
PcmxT5Z.jpg
Qe643sU.jpg

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    the MS 2 devs said from the very start that MS 2 was a prequel to MS.

They said since the beginning that it takes place in a time way before the blackmage.

• MichrMichr
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited August 2017
    Now that you mention it I can remember that now. That only makes me wonder the exact amount of time between the two and what happened to some of the previous locations or groups of people in 2.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    the MS 2 devs said from the very start that MS 2 was a prequel to MS.

They said since the beginning that it takes place in a time way before the blackmage.

However, if it's the time before the black mage, which was supposedly hundreds of years before MS, how are these resistance people (who are supposed to be normal humans, not long-lived elves or half-elves or anything of the sort) in both games? Or are these their ancestors who just happen to have an uncanny resemblance to them?
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin
    Reactions: 440
    edited August 2017
    I heard the boss in maple story 2 is called the "Not so Black Mage" . Technically MS1 is MS2 since MS1 is the sequel isn't it?
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Wish people would still cover MS2 ...
  • DeadBotDeadBot
    Reactions: 870
    edited August 2017

I wish that too but it will be covered again once its being announced by NA Nexon that it will come to Global.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

I wish that too but it will be covered again once its being announced by NA Nexon that it will come to Global.

nah I want what's going on in the korean server translated
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Maplestory 2 is a prequel and takes place before the events of Maplestory. That was why I had a big problem calling it "Maplestory 2", since a lot of people had the expectation that it was going to be a sequel and identical to Maplestory.

Nexon has done this before; Vindictus is the prequel to Mabinogi, and in Korea, Vindictus is known as "Mabinogi Heroes".

Because of the different artists working on the two games I wouldn't try to explicitly pin down the timeline based on Maplestory 2, however Maplestory 2 appears to take place several years prior to Maplestory, while the Black Mage is still sealed (I.E. before Big Bang).
    MapleBishopFan1985YinYangX
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Oh and apparently english files have been found for MS2 . Doubt it's going to be to much longer.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Ahh this gives me so many questions like why isn't anybody translating this and telling us what's going on in KMS2?! REEEEE
  • Sterling_AislingSterling_Aisling
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2019
    Actually... I hate to break it to you all, but... the people behind MS 2 have decided to go with, “MapleStory 2 is an alternate Universe.” plan. And before GMS 2 was released to us, apparently they were going to originally going to go with the plan of the Prequel for MapleStory. But decided to trash it for some unknown reason. There are some “original” content on YouTube and such, but you’ll need permission to translate them (Koreans dislike it when you don’t ask permission from them). That’s all the information I got from various sources.
This discussion has been closed.