[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Is Maplestory ever going to get optimized?

Comments

• нσяιƶεηнσяιƶεη
    Reactions: 655
    edited December 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    Buddy they just changed a game policy because they couldn't fix a bug. And you honestly think they're going to do, or even capable of doing, optimization???

:(
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited December 2019
    Buddy they just changed a game policy because they couldn't fix a bug. And you honestly think they're going to do, or even capable of doing, optimization???

Seriously, no joke. There was a bug that caused RP items available to be per account instead of per world. They tried to fix it but dev teams sux big pp, so it caused new bug where RP items doesn't even restock every month. So what do they do? Spend a bit more time and effort to fix the bug properly? No,no,no. That's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much for nx dev to bite off. They just changed the game policy from RP items per world to per account so that they don't have to "fix" it cause it's technically no longer a bug. GENIUS!!! And their excuse to the player base: "I hope you understand." This is the kind of dev team that's running GMS right now. If you expect anything decent from these kind of people, then you're more delusional than schizophrenics
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019

Seriously, no joke. There was a bug that caused RP items available to be per account instead of per world. They tried to fix it but dev teams sux big pp, so it caused new bug where RP items doesn't even restock every month. So what do they do? Spend a bit more time and effort to fix the bug properly? No,no,no. That's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much for nx dev to bite off. They just changed the game policy from RP items per world to per account so that they don't have to "fix" it cause it's technically no longer a bug. GENIUS!!! And their excuse to the player base: "I hope you understand." This is the kind of dev team that's running GMS right now. If you expect anything decent from these kind of people, then you're more delusional than schizophrenics

Most likely the code related to this is also too deep for them to fix. This kind of glitch probably actually came from one of these "optimizations" where Nexon changed low level code and now it's too late to go back. This is why I'm saying that what OP is asking for is absurd.
    The kind of fixes he wants would break things like this a million times over.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited December 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    It's not an impossible task, no. But again, I don't think you know just how much you're asking Nexon to bite off here.
    Publishers are likely to decline these types of things. It takes such a long time and is such a massive undertaking that a publisher usually isn't willing to put up with it.
    Even if Nexon wanted to do this, when I say it might take longer than a year, I completely mean that.

Seriously? I've already stated that it's hard to respect someone that doesn't even try and you've literally just given me more reason to not respect them. Every one of your arguments are about how it is "likely" or "probably" when the state of the game is as big a mess as it is.
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Most likely the code related to this is also too deep for them to fix. This kind of glitch probably actually came from one of these "optimizations" where Nexon changed low level code and now it's too late to go back. This is why I'm saying that what OP is asking for is absurd.
    The kind of fixes he wants would break things like this a million times over.

Yeah pretty much
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited December 2019
    I just wanted to put that question out there. Optimization is key in any good game, even someone who doesn't understand a thing about technology or programming would agree that fast + efficient = good. Yet, I'm not seeing a single thing about Maplestory done right in terms of performance. I just don't get it, do the developers even care? I don't have the greatest PC system, but it IS capable of running 3D games perfectly fine.

In case you didn't realize (sarcasm), Maplestory is a 2D game. Not a single bit of 3D modeling involved in the gameplay. It's completely flat. You can pretty much make an exact copy of Maplestory on C#. It'll be a large file, but I'm pretty sure it's completely doable. I just find it completely ridiculous that this game has hardly changed in the performance department for how old it is. They should be releasing patches every week, at the least, in order to ensure optimal performance. They might do some bug fixes, or release new characters, or make new maps- but honestly, as a player, I WANT OPTIMIZATION. I would rather they do that than anything else.

It's incredibly frustrating when you buy a new keyboard because you thought that your old one had broken when some of your key presses weren't registering at a very frequent rate- only to realize that it's just because of garbage programming. There is nothing more frustrating than dying to mobs 10+ levels below you just because your character wasn't responding for however many seconds it took for you to run out of potions and then watch your health bar slowly chip away until it hits 0. By "you" I mean "me."

I entirely believe that Maplestory is a decent game (performance aside) because it's quite unique. I think that if Maplestory started small advertisements on Youtube or some sort of social media platform, they'd easily rake in a few thousand new players. BUT. If that's every going to happen, they've first got to fix their bloody code. No new player is going to want to play a wreck of a game like this. Why would they? There's tons of other games out there that have the latest and greatest in terms of tech and software. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Maplestory needs 4k graphics- in fact, I'd rather they kept it the way it looks now. It's a part of Maplestory's appeal and I like it. BUTT. They need to optimize, like seriously optimize. Right now, the game rolls just about as smoothly as a cube downhill. It's terrible. Please, for the love of God and ice cream, fix the game.

Funny thing is i can run a much more complex 3d game like rainbow 6 but everytime i play kanna i constantly get lag spikes that the anti hack system thinks its a hack and disconnects me , which is super annoying specially when ure using exp/meso/item drop coupons.
    Also i constantly get lag spikes and my screen gets frozen for a few seconds for up to a minute that ive never had when playing games like world of warcraft, rainbow 6 or guild wars.
    WONDERGUY
  • microwavemicrowave
    Reactions: 425
    edited March 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    An important question to consider is whether the issues we experience in GMS is universal across all maplestory servers. Does KMS have the issue. Does TMS have the issue. What about MSEA?

If the other servers are in better shape, then it's something GMS team needs to figure out.

no its eazy to blame on game age and other nonsense then actually work on it like other servers
    also there is no GMS team that works on things alone so they often copy/paste from other and try fit somehow in GMS working or not they
    ctrl c ctrl v

here we got 100 milion bugs "fix" done last week in GMS dose it matter if they work in reality ?
    stop saying there are no bug fix they just happend to not work in GMS its old game you know...

i dont know any version of MS that do that like GMS
    ( like care for the x amount of bugs fixed x amount of hackers banned instead care of what works and is there less hackers)

in KMS/KMST they reward players for finding,testing bugs and ways it can be done better thats why very few bugs goes on live server
    Rexaar wrote: »
    maplestory its same across all regions more or less
    the teams that works in each of those regions makes the localizantion and few changes
    the issue its those teams copy-paste eachother often without makeing sure it fits right before goes live
    once broken things goes on live server its madness to make any change back

also

15~GB its not big game lol more like smallest game around if we see from other games
    WoW is 60 GB~
    Guild of wars 40GB~
    LoL its 20GB ~
    fortnite its 45GB~
    PUBG its 40GB~
    apex its 30GB~

running all fine on PC on max settings no sign of CPU or GPU throttling

again game size its not importan as much as clean code and good care
    code never gets old/ changed with time by itself once its made it runs as its made and cared

nexon not want fix this problems ,, to day of today last maintenance this game is worse every time and nonetechnical service member fixes this, but for the memos fools they are fast ... not have a super ultra pc for play perfect .... but for other games lol dota call duty modern war .... animal crossing ... increible this game run perfect , but maplestory no .. maplestory is a joke .. in the performance of the cpu and bugs , today later of the last maintenance , is only lag .. nexon are want w is game too die? like maplestory2, a dead game and that next will be closing its servers .. maplestory is the only game that keeps nexon alive, the technical service check the forum in bugs and technical service and fix this at once, it is impossible to play maplestory with lag, freezes with lag spikes, high performance in cpu
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited March 2020
    microwave wrote: »
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    An important question to consider is whether the issues we experience in GMS is universal across all maplestory servers. Does KMS have the issue. Does TMS have the issue. What about MSEA?

If the other servers are in better shape, then it's something GMS team needs to figure out.

no its eazy to blame on game age and other nonsense then actually work on it like other servers
    also there is no GMS team that works on things alone so they often copy/paste from other and try fit somehow in GMS working or not they
    ctrl c ctrl v

here we got 100 milion bugs "fix" done last week in GMS dose it matter if they work in reality ?
    stop saying there are no bug fix they just happend to not work in GMS its old game you know...

i dont know any version of MS that do that like GMS
    ( like care for the x amount of bugs fixed x amount of hackers banned instead care of what works and is there less hackers)

in KMS/KMST they reward players for finding,testing bugs and ways it can be done better thats why very few bugs goes on live server
    Rexaar wrote: »
    maplestory its same across all regions more or less
    the teams that works in each of those regions makes the localizantion and few changes
    the issue its those teams copy-paste eachother often without makeing sure it fits right before goes live
    once broken things goes on live server its madness to make any change back

also

15~GB its not big game lol more like smallest game around if we see from other games
    WoW is 60 GB~
    Guild of wars 40GB~
    LoL its 20GB ~
    fortnite its 45GB~
    PUBG its 40GB~
    apex its 30GB~

running all fine on PC on max settings no sign of CPU or GPU throttling

again game size its not importan as much as clean code and good care
    code never gets old/ changed with time by itself once its made it runs as its made and cared

nexon not want fix this problems ,, to day of today last maintenance this game is worse every time and nonetechnical service member fixes this, but for the memos fools they are fast ... not have a super ultra pc for play perfect .... but for other games lol dota call duty modern war .... animal crossing ... increible this game run perfect , but maplestory no .. maplestory is a joke .. in the performance of the cpu and bugs , today later of the last maintenance , is only lag .. nexon are want w is game too die? like maplestory2, a dead game and that next will be closing its servers .. maplestory is the only game that keeps nexon alive, the technical service check the forum in bugs and technical service and fix this at once, it is impossible to play maplestory with lag, freezes with lag spikes, high performance in cpu

what ?
    boredphine send you to troll or something in a 4month old thread ?
This discussion has been closed.