[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Perma Pets

DeeDeeEverythingDeeDeeEverything
Reactions: 900
edited December 2019 in General Chat
Okay so ive been outta the lop for a pretty long time now.
So how do perma pets work now in reboot and regular servers?
Also does the "P" on the pets in the cash shop mean they are perma?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019
    Reboot, to my knowledge, does not have access to permanent pets. Someone who actually plays reboot will have to clarify this.

Permanent pets, in general, function exactly the same as your typical 90-day pet, only without needing to be refreshed every three months. Granted they cost a good bit more than these regular pets, but you save money in the long run. I'm not sure what you're talking about with a P on pets in the cash shop, but I don't think that denotes permanence.
    DeeDeeEverything
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited December 2019

make sure you read cashop update news and take screenshot before buy
    ingame its often worng and "typos" because of copy/paste
    better be safe then sorry

perm pets in reboot comes in lootbox only (random event/pet box)
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/53699(going right now)
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/36184

in non-reboot there is often perm pet in direct sale that changes in 2weeks +- / lootbox / or special event (there was few perm sold on blackfriday event)
    there is one going on now in non-reboot with broken stats and vac....90days but p2w for the skill/stats tho WORTH

rumors says best lootbox rates if you got limitless credit card
    DeeDeeEverything
  • DeeDeeEverythingDeeDeeEverything
    edited December 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Reboot, to my knowledge, does not have access to permanent pets. Someone who actually plays reboot will have to clarify this.

Permanent pets, in general, function exactly the same as your typical 90-day pet, only without needing to be refreshed every three months. Granted they cost a good bit more than these regular pets, but you save money in the long run. I'm not sure what you're talking about with a P on pets in the cash shop, but I don't think that denotes permanence.

Thanks but i understand the general stuff mostly, but let me specify here. What i'm asking is how do you tell what is perma and what isn't, yes i've been through all the info on the site or what i can find but whats on the website and what in game doesn't really line up.
    If you go into the cashshop and look at where the Wisp's Wondrous Wonderberry are you'll see three pets with a "P" on their icons
  • DeeDeeEverythingDeeDeeEverything
    edited December 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »

make sure you read cashop update news and take screenshot before buy
    ingame its often worng and "typos" because of copy/paste
    better be safe then sorry

perm pets in reboot comes in lootbox only (random event/pet box)
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/53699(going right now)
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/36184

in non-reboot there is often perm pet in direct sale that changes in 2weeks +- / lootbox / or special event (there was few perm sold on blackfriday event)
    there is one going on now in non-reboot with broken stats and vac....90days but p2w for the skill/stats tho WORTH

rumors says best lootbox rates if you got limitless credit card

Yeaaah i've notice, its really a pain in the arse have to triple check this stuff in and out of the game,
    Plus the fact that there isn't that much of a discussion about these kinds of things or maybe i just can't find it honestly irritates me sometimes. (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

We don't have access to the permanent pet packages. But you CAN get them in the wonderberries, at a low %.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited December 2019
    Expiring pets that is sold normally (not in loot box) almost always have the 90 days duration written on the description in game and on the cash shop update notice.
    Pets with set effect always have a 90 days duration and is never permanent (if Nexon accidentally sell one to be permanent, they will fix it back to a 90 days duration pretty quick).

The P stand for petite, which mean it has access to the wide area map loot magnet ability in addition to the set effect with the highest att/matt.
    DeeDeeEverything
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited December 2019
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Expiring pets that is sold normally (not in loot box) almost always have the 90 days duration written on the description in game and on the cash shop update notice.
    Pets with set effect always have a 90 days duration and is never permanent (if Nexon accidentally sell one to be permanent, they will fix it back to a 90 days duration pretty quick).

The P stand for petite, which mean it has access to the wide area map loot magnet ability in addition to the set effect with the highest att/matt.

there is perm pets with set effect that comes around again in lootbox only....
    i know/seen people that got them perm pets/perm eqp with 40-50att each eqp
    OuDqBdb.png
    mini pets boss versions do come with buff too i think
    the dark mini ghost souls set aswell

altho there was "drama"/"bug" and nexon started to discontinue instead of fix those
    i think they just "removed" the buff from perm versions or something but i seen some say that they still get those with buff if they come from lootbox only not from direct buy

same with other pets
    like old version "pre nerf" in lootbox and nerfed in direct sale
    think due to KMS/GMS/EMS/SEA pet different systems and GMS copy-paste its all messed up
    also non-reboot and reboot become thing
    in non-reboot it can go so broken on p2w with att scrolls on + set effects and now new VAC trend....