[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Which ranged Explorer class is Fun?

BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
Reactions: 1,375
edited January 2020 in General Chat
haven't played in many years want to continue with a new main and build it up for bossing and learn from scratch again. idc for DPM ( came from WoW after playing it for 11-12 years and competitively it gets extremely exhausting keeping up with multiple characters and specs for end game content where it doesn't matter outside of tournments/world first achievments )

Right now im looking at

1. Corsair - never made a pirate or gotten one very far before i think my highest one was around 30's. they seem alright not the best but alright.
2. MM- played BM many times it's alright hurricane gets fairly boring ( thats why i kind of dislike corsair they have the same ability )

im open to other classes as well though.

Here are the classes i've already played and trying to avoid somewhat..

1. NL
2. Bishop ( played them so much NO TY! )
3. BM
4. Hero ( doesn't seem much has changed for this class only had 1 as a main but i did get bored of it early on but was my highest lvl toon as well, i REALLY love the gear though i enjoy looking at the huge weapons like 2h swords and axes and all that )
5. DK ( got one to 3rd job not very far this was way back in the days )
6. Cannoneer ( currently have one at 93 it's alright but not a huge fan of it's huge cannon on the back to me it looks ugly kind of like carrying around a huge drainage pipe )

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    Have you considered branching out, at all, from the explorer classes? You're limiting yourself to a pool of about 12 classes, out of a total of like 42 or so available.

Okay so I completely missed the title of the thread, but the question still stands, I feel.
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    edited January 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Have you considered branching out, at all, from the explorer classes? You're limiting yourself to a pool of about 12 classes, out of a total of like 42 or so available.

Okay so I completely missed the title of the thread, but the question still stands, I feel.

Yes i will eventually but not as a main. i kind of dislike the new classes they feel too over powered like i tried path finder and liked it but got bored of it quickly because 1 shotting everything isn't fun.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2020
    You're gonna get real bored then, because one-shotting becomes the name of the game in a hurry.
    edited January 2020
    You're gonna get real bored then, because one-shotting becomes the name of the game in a hurry.

yea i mean i expected that thus why i try to focus on end game content when building not say short term goals. i am open to other classes im just looking for something to keep me entertained and continue playing. if im not chasing numbers and i dont enjoy a class i get bored real fast.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2020
    Pathfinder is an explorer btw
    Barfonwhales
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2020
    What playstyles are you looking for or are avoiding?

Do you prefer higher risk vs reward class mechanics? Simple vs heavy micromanagement “piano style” gameplay?

With a little more insight into your preferred mode of gameplay, we can help pick out a class you might enjoy.
    darik
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited January 2020

Yes i will eventually but not as a main. i kind of dislike the new classes they feel too over powered like i tried path finder and liked it but got bored of it quickly because 1 shotting everything isn't fun.

Pathfinder is also an explorer class. And as for one shot, you're gonna need to be able to one shot mobs in your mobbing field with any job in this game, my guy. As for top tier bosses who are impossible to be one shotted, Pathfinder has very good utility, damage and mobility that make her very versatile in both close and ranged fight.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2020
    It's more a case of in order to be geared up to be relevant in endgame content you'll end up, by proxy, being able to one-shot basically any field mobs. You can't do one without having the other happen.
    darik
    edited January 2020
    scholar624 wrote: »
    What playstyles are you looking for or are avoiding?

Do you prefer higher risk vs reward class mechanics? Simple vs heavy micromanagement “piano style” gameplay?

With a little more insight into your preferred mode of gameplay, we can help pick out a class you might enjoy.

I dislike combo classes idk why but i can never get into um it's kind of like fighting games where combo's are a must say maybe idk tekken and MK. was never a huge fan of those games but i do play them here and there for fun only. i grew up with the traditional classes but everything changed now which i expect but i just dont like huge combo related classes to get High dpm. NOT now at least just got back and i want to ease in but due to link system yea i will make some for sure but i want to learn as i level on my main first then get into those classes.

i really don't fancy much of any play style otherwise. 2 things i like

1. looking at my weapons ( idk why but this is a must. been playing WoW for 11-12 years playing a mage so looking at staves is MEH for me ).
    2. im REALLY into bossing/group content. i understand nerfs and buffs come same with WoW but i just enjoy high numbers in general. idc what form it comes in say lots of lines or less i want that big dmg.

in wow we typically have a small handful of classes that are constitantly S tier meaning no matter what they are ALWAYS really good as far as DPS goes