[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Where the hell is Piston...?

buttclencherbuttclencher
Reactions: 200
in Bug Reporting
I'm trying to finish my 5th job advancement and I need to fight Magnus on easy but I can't enter the portal because I can't find Piston. Any help would be appreciated

Character name: healthyzinc

Character level: 200

Character Job: Beast Tamer

World Name: Scania

Date & Time of Incident: 1/13/20 at 7pm

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2020
    He is next to Edea at Heleiseum Reclamation HQ inside the tent.
    If you can't get there, you need to finish the first 3 quest in the "To Pantheon" quest line to gain access to the area.
  • buttclencherbuttclencher
    edited January 2020
    Ok lemme be a little more specific. I've already started the Pantheon quest line and have gotten to the point where Edea tells me she'll call me back later when she needs me. Well, I came back and she told me to find Piston at the front lines and I know you can find him on a hidden street for Dimension Invasion but I need to talk to him to use the Magnus Simulator and I have no idea where to find him on a normal map. Thanks for the help :)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    Go to pantheon. Take the top left portal, the one at the top of stairs, take the portal at the bottom of this next set of stairs; after that, there's a portal in the middle of a long map with a storage npc on it. Go through that portal. Enjoy your piston.
    edited January 2020
    No Piston
    nNjbLFY.png

And Edea blocking me from using the sim
    C91uPDr.png
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2020
    You went too far in the Magnus questline and Piston is currently injured.
    You need to complete the entire quest line to make him reappear in the tent. (Except that on my Kaiser who finished the entire quest line, he is still permanently missing, so there is still a chance Piston will not appear ever again (certain class due to their story line quest with Magnus in it).)

Can confirm that defeating normal Magnus and finishing the quest will make Piston return to the tent on Beast Tamer. But you don't need easy mode magnus for 5th job anymore because you beat normal Magnus for it to count (or get carried).
    edited January 2020
    I found Piston so everythings good now lol. Thanks to the people that tried to help me out :)