[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Feedback on the Masteria Content Rework

FawkoFawko
Reactions: 2,360
edited January 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Things that I like:
1. The artwork of the area is cool now.

Things that should be revised or added:
1. There is a massive problem with memory leaking in this area. I think every player is getting this issue where their maplestory process is using almost all of their computer's power because there is some kind of issue leaking the memory.
2. The coin costs for the starforce system is insane. It looks like someone who doesn't play the game made this content and they didn't test it out to see how long it would take to enhance the gear.
3. The sanity system could probably be revamped to not be so bad. I think a lot of players don't like the shaking of the screen.
4. CWKPQ should be brought back or the area should get an expansion to do something with the castle. Right now entering the last portal just triggers a cutscene every time you enter in it. The possibilities for this are endless. They could make a Party Quest that rewards more Shadowknight coins or something of that sort.
SausageMuffindarikSlicedTimeAKisGoldAdventurer

Comments

• AKisAKis
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited January 2020
    I would also like to add something about the daily quests.
    -The daily quests are not so fun and feel more like a chore. As for myself i got quite burned out on this system of daily quests thanks to arcane river dailies.
    -Also the time it takes to complete these dailies is also a big problem and would likely turn a lot of players away from this content. Personally i have not completed all dailies even once as it seems that it's not worth it to me. The return i get for my effort is so low i won't even try.
    -I think it would help if the daily quest could be reworked into something that is more enjoyable so that more players feel like it's worth it to play this content.
    darik
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    I must say to my opinion that the ITCG crafting feature which was removed was interesting thing (even if part of these were considered as complicated and long), which makes you work to get the wished items.
    Also, special equipment drops which were available by monsters around Masteria (Krakian Jungle, MesoGear, Phantom Forest and Crimsonwood Keep areas) were removed, too. This also makes the feeling really sad due to the removal of these special drops which could not be found elsewhere.
    Equips like
    Blue Musketeer Cape (Cape, lv. 95)
    Turquoise Musketeer Cape (Cape, lv. 95)
    Taru Spirit Cape (Cape, lv 80, available in Mo's Coin Shop)
    Flamekeeper Cordon (Gloves, lv 50)
    Eclipse Earrings (Earrings, lv 40)

The following low level equips are no longer available:
    Level 10:
    Akha
    Kuma
    Maku(LUK)
    Maku(STR)
    Xaru
    Umaru

Others:
    Lita’s Ocean Gloves
    Cloak of Corruption
    El Nathian Cape
    Facestompers (Shoes, lv. 50)
    Flamekeeper Cordon (Gloves, lv. 50)
    Eclipse Earrings (Earrings, lv. 40)
    Onyx Blade
    Tiger's Fang
    Winkel

And other rewards from the old Crimsonwood Keep PQ.

Thank you for your attention!
    darik
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2020
    AKis wrote: »
    I would also like to add something about the daily quests.
    -The daily quests are not so fun and feel more like a chore. As for myself i got quite burned out on this system of daily quests thanks to arcane river dailies.
    -Also the time it takes to complete these dailies is also a big problem and would likely turn a lot of players away from this content. Personally i have not completed all dailies even once as it seems that it's not worth it to me. The return i get for my effort is so low i won't even try.
    -I think it would help if the daily quest could be reworked into something that is more enjoyable so that more players feel like it's worth it to play this content.

Yeah,i agree, i didnt even bother trying this new content giving the bad feedback that it has received.
  • fulgoridafulgorida
    Reactions: 210
    Agreed, these dailies take way too long (especially if you get unlucky) and the amount of times you'd have to do them to make the masteria items even usable is absolutely ridiculous. People have calculated an average of 10+ years to 22 star a single item. Why does getting this gear take longer than arcane umbra when the set isn't even worth using?
    darik
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    I preferred many of the features which were available before the recent Masteria and Phantom Forest's revamp:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/7667/v-171-masteria-through-time-patch-notes

Espcially the ITCG, PQ and other unique equipments which where available to earn by monster drops or crafting.