[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Season 1 [None of a Kind] Alora Quest Still Bugged

StargethStargeth
Reactions: 2,680
edited February 2020 in Bug Reporting
My thread was incorrectly merged with a different issue, so I decided to make a new thread. After rescuing 4 Wondroids during this event for Season 1, you progress along a questline through Alora/Sephia/Phoebe until you reach a quest called "[Mechanical Hearts] None of a Kind." When you reach Alora in B4 of [Investigation] mode, she has no quest for you so there is no way to progress. Several people are having this issue for almost a week now, and it has not been fixed as of the maintenance on 2/3.

P1XtrS9.png

4shCMkW.jpg

Vj02wN9.jpg

Bug type: Quest

Brief bug summary: Cannot progress in quest "[Mechanical Hearts] None of a Kind" because NPC (Alora) has no quest or cutscene once she is reached.

More details: [None of a Kind] quest started through Phoebe in the S1/S2 hideout. You are supposed to find Alora in B4 [Investigation] mode of S1/S2. Once she is found at the top-right portal of B4 [Investigation] mode, there is no continuation of the quest.

It is possible that this is only an issue for those who have done the S1/S2 questlines in the past, though I have not found someone to confirm that this quest is not a problem for those who have never done the Wondroid event before.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Rescue 4 or more Wondroids in season 1 (physically complete the 4 jump quests again).
2. Have progress up to None of a Kind quest in S1.
3. Go to B4 in [Investigation] mode and enter the top right portal.
4. Alora has no quest or cutscene; progress is stuck.

Character name: Stargeth

Character level: 240

Character job: Dark Knight

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 1/31 (8:47pm PST) AND 2/3 (9:53am PST)

Comments

• LuckiestGuyLuckiestGuy
    Reactions: 745
    edited February 2020
    I had this problem before, but according to support, this is intended because you have to still save 4 wondroids before Alora will give you a quest.
    Try saving 4 different wondroids, then come back to see if she has a quest.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2020
    Your thread was not merged incorrectly, the original thread changed gears to the issue you're describing and the original comment in the thread was already edited to reflect that.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/102364/#Comment_102364

Please don't create duplicate threads on a single topic.
    scholar624
  • StargethStargeth
    edited February 2020
    @Neospector: I was afraid that since the title and content was unrelated that the issue would be shoved out of the light because of the merging of two separate issues, especially since the first post in that thread was all crossed out. Regardless, my purpose wasn't to flood the forums with the issue. Sorry for the trouble.

@LuckiestGuy: I've already saved the four wondroids to get a questline to start with. The issue is with the progression of "None of a Kind" quest. She doesn't have a quest no matter how many wondroids you rescue in [Rescue] mode (I've rescued 6 of the 8 through jumpquests during this event alone and she still hasn't given me a quest).
  • Deadly_ArrowsDeadly_Arrows
    Reactions: 1,400
    edited February 2020
    Try to save all 8 and tell us =D
  • StargethStargeth
    edited February 2020
    I will. :P Seems kinda unlikely that it'll fix once I do to be honest, though.
  • Deadly_ArrowsDeadly_Arrows
    Reactions: 1,400
    edited February 2020
    There is hope, this guy started season 2 : http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26901/saving-adam-bugged#latest
    I'm pretty sure he saved all 8 androids...
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited February 2020
    It might be another issue related to if you completed S1/S2 wondroid, resulting in the quest glitching, like how peoples asteroid quest got glitched because they completed the previous seasons, since the character i'm doing it on didn't do the previous seasons, the quest didn't bug out for me, also if you're curious I was able to save alora right away after rescuing 4 wondroids.
    Stargeth
  • StargethStargeth
    edited February 2020
    I've heard of one player in my alliance to reach season 2 as well, but so far it seems that anyone who reaches season 2 is event for the first time. So it seems that it's only bugged for people who finished seasons during previous events as suspected.