[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

[SOLVED] only work on ban appeals tues-thurs?

JezJez
Reactions: 1,600
edited February 2020 in General Chat
[UPDATE]
ok, a gm has responded to my ticket, so i guess this answers my question of whether they look at them throughout the week or just tues-thurs. consider this thread solved

WONDERGUYFootball5Kaiser4Ever

Comments

• JezJez
    edited February 2020
    :( :'(
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020
    What do you expect anyone here to do about it? Ghiblee doesn't do anything with ban appeals, and the only other nexon monkey that actively posts from time to time works QA. If any customer support mooks who could look into it do frequent the forums, they have never made their presence known, and even if they do, this type of thing isn't going to get you bumped up the queue.
    Babushka
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    i expect someone to answer the question.... someone must know if ban appeals are looked at throughout the week or just on tues-thurs following the schedule for the appeal live chat.

why do you think it is unreasonable to ask this question on the forums for my peace of mind so i can stop checking the "latest activity" on my ticket if they arent even working on appeals until tuesday ?
    WONDERGUY
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    why is it implemented if it wrongfully bans people who dont hack so often? why is there no improvement?
    is it easier to accidentally ban non hacker players so often and leave them without their accounts for so long while they get around to "investigating"? does it even touch actual botters?
    why doesnt the system just flag suspects and staff go through the list banning obvious botters, leaving mistaken legit players unaffected?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26871/ban-data-from-01-23-2020-01-29-2020#latest
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26817/ban-data-from-01-16-2020-01-22-2020#latest
    Because otherwise GMs have to go through potentially hundreds of thousands of hackers per-week.
    Automated ban systems can make mistakes, yes. But on the overall, AI is much better suited to handle these types of tasks than humans are.
    The system probably used to flag suspects and let staff do their thing. But they probably just let it automatically ban once it passed a certain threshold where it was accurately flagging hackers X% of the time.
    Babushka
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    well it sucks, idk what to do, and now its the weekend so no chance of getting my account back until monday, and even then im gonna have to probably wait more days, its already been two days. do nexon offer any compensation when something like this happens? it happened once before but they addressed it in under an hour... but this time i am missing so much merching... and the event stamps because of this mistake :( :(
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2020
    Jez wrote: »
    well it sucks, idk what to do, and now its the weekend so no chance of getting my account back until monday, and even then im gonna have to probably wait more days, its already been two days. do nexon offer any compensation when something like this happens? it happened once before but they addressed it in under an hour... but this time i am missing so much merching... and the event stamps because of this mistake :( :(

Aside from making numerous threads about it, anyway...
    Babushka
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited February 2020
    does it even touch actual botters?

This is last week's ban data: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26871/ban-data-from-01-23-2020-01-29-2020
    Over 60000 characters were banned. And that's pretty low as the prior weeks were looking at over 100 000 each.
    why doesnt the system just flag suspects and staff go through the list banning obvious botters, leaving mistaken legit players unaffected?

Maybe they do. On bera after a major patch, the channels are like maybe 15-20% full. And then after a week or two it slowly rises and then every channel is full. And then suddenly poof half the population gets wiped out and you see a bunch of people going on reddit saying they just got falsely banned.

Even if they maintain flags, after banning the 20000th or 30000th bot someone's going to get lazy.
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Aside from making numerous threads about it, anyway...

yeah at least youre here to respond
    what should i do instead? i am upset and cant do what i would normally do at this time
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    i asked the question in the subject of this thread to gm in the live chat, and he said he couldnt answer because ban appeal chat is only tues-thurs

i dont understand this
    WONDERGUY
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited February 2020
    what should i do instead?
    the point isn't what you should do, its what you shouldn't do. Making multiple threads and posts about it is like yelling at the wind.
    Babushka
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    ShadEight wrote: »
    what should i do instead?
    the point isn't what you should do, its what you shouldn't do. Making multiple threads and posts about it is like yelling at the wind.

i also scream in the wilderness to release stress so.....
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2020
    Only because there's no one out there to swat you in the head and tell you to knock it off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    plz no bully :(
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited February 2020
    What do you expect anyone here to do about it? Ghiblee doesn't do anything with ban appeals, and the only other nexon monkey that actively posts from time to time works QA. If any customer support mooks who could look into it do frequent the forums, they have never made their presence known, and even if they do, this type of thing isn't going to get you bumped up the queue.

You really should be ashamed of yourself !
    You can clearly see that this young lady is in distress, she's literally crying (fairly obvious), and yet you just goes like "What do u want us to do?!!"

or in other words, "Just be quiet!"

She's an human being, she has feeling she has probably worked so hard on that account, can you even imagine all her hard work?, you can't simply ignore it,
    in fact you should be apologies to her, and cheer her up by saying that everything will be okay!

And I'm not talking about who's right and who isn't, I'm talking about morality... the principles concerning the distinction between good or bad behavior.

I hope you have learned your mistakes so please next time, be a gentleman!

JezKaiser4Ever
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2020
    Football5 wrote: »

You can clearly see that this young lady is in distress, she's literally crying (fairly obvious), and yet you just goes like "What do u want us to do?!!"

She's an human being, she has feeling she has probably worked so hard on that account, can you even imagine all her hard work?, you can't simply ignore it,
    in fact you should be apologies to her, and cheer her up by saying that everything will be okay!

And I'm not talking about who's right and who isn't, I'm talking about morality... the principles concerning the distinction between good or bad behavior.

Are you done?

None of your, honestly embarrassing, white-knighting changes the fact that Ghiblee does not handle account-related matters. Same goes for bumbertyr(that's the QA guy I mentioned up-thread). What makes this person so special that they can come and cry about their account ban in roughly 3-4 different threads(two of their own creation) and not be told the same exact thing as anyone else who comes crying about a ban?
    FuhreakBabushka
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    aggipine i am not asking for someone to address the ban appeal through this thread, i am asking if ban appeals are investigated during the week. because if ban appeals are only investigated tues-thurs (the schedule for the appeal live chat) then i can stop checking my ticket for updates every hour

please stop being intentionally obtuse, it is obnoxious.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited February 2020
    Football5 wrote: »

What exactly are you trying to achieve with this comment anyway?
    Honestly had to log in for the first time in God knows how long just to laugh at this reply.
    This is gold.
    FuhreakBabushka
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    Maryse wrote: »

What exactly are you trying to achieve with this comment anyway?
    Honestly had to log in for the first time in God knows how long just to laugh at this reply.
    This is gold.

he is spot on tho and i appreciate his post
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2020
    Well they don't work weekends, so you're pretty much wasting your weekend checking on your ticket every hour.
    MaryseFuhreakBabushka
This discussion has been closed.