[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gender Changer npc

PhantomDraftPhantomDraft
Reactions: 570
edited February 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It will be nice if Nexon if nexon implement a feature for players to change gender. Whats your feedback?
darikSausageMuffin
  1. Should this be Implemented?6 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (4 votes)
    2. No
       33% (2 votes)

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2020
    Yeah, its a nice thing to add to the game :)
  • iGotMirLikeUiGotMirLikeU
    Reactions: 600
    edited February 2020
    They should also allow same gender marriage.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    Remove gender tags from the game and get rid of marriage as well.
    At this point it really doesn't add anything to the game and just keeps people from being able to buy certain cosmetics.
    Several cosmetics marked for a specific gender can already be equipped by either. The gender tag does nothing.
    I'm not sure why marriage was ever added to the game either. All it does is create drama.
    Reminder: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/woman-jailed-after-killing-virtual-husband-972457.html
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited February 2020
    no, just make all gendered eqps (m) and (f) these can be worn by both genders (as opposed to (male) and (female) which can only be worn by specified gender). also, allow anvil of a (m) onto a (f) and a (f) onto a (m) , also allow both (m) and (f) to be anviled onto a neutral equip

keep genders, no gender change, just fix these equip restrictions
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    Jez wrote: »
    no, just make all gendered eqps (m) and (f) these can be worn by both genders (as opposed to (male) and (female) which can only be worn by specified gender). also, allow anvil of a (m) onto a (f) and a (f) onto a (m) , also allow both (m) and (f) to be anviled onto a neutral equip

So what exactly becomes the point of gender at this point? Why even have it at all?
    Even if you keep the marriage system in the game, why not just allow any player to marry any player?
    You already wouldn't be able to tell a "female" player from a "male" player except for hair/face, which already share a lot and sometimes they even allow the other gender access to the other styles of hairs/faces.
    If not for cosmetics, what point does gender have within MapleStory?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020

So remove gender flags but don't remove gender flags?

J62H3jK.png
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

did you really no t understand what i wrote?

dont remove gender tags, just make it so either female or male can wear it, still keep male and female tagged equipment but let either gender wear it. like for instance Snowbunny Hat (M) and Snowbunny Hat (F) can both be worn by a male character or a female character.

i want to keep male and female characters, but make it so gender tagged equipment can be worn by either gender, this is how clothing works irl.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

dont remove gender tags, just make it so either female or male can wear it

That's literally removing the gender flags, but simultaneously not. Do you understand what you wrote? Because I don't think you do.
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    look in real life you have womens shirts and mens shirts, i want the same in maplestory and allow men to wear womens shirts and allow women to wear mens shirts. i still want male and female version of the same equips, but i want to be able to choose to wear the male or female one (this is already implemented with (m)/(f) tagged perms)

how do you not comprehend this?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    look in real life you have womens shirts and mens shirts, i want the same in maplestory and allow men to wear womens shirts and allow women to wear mens shirts. i still want male and female version of the same equips, but i want to be able to choose to wear the male or female one (this is already implemented with (m)/(f) tagged perms)

how do you not comprehend this?

This is the same thing as removing gender tags. Just because there are variants doesn't mean there is still "gender" in the game.
    The actual gender tag only restricts what gear you can and cannot equip, marriage, and what type of other cosmetic version you get.
    This is still removing the gender tags.
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    no it isnt because gendered hairs, faces, which should be kept
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2020
    You're completely missing what both of us are saying and, frankly, I don't know if it's worth my time to try and beat this into your head any more than I already have.

I can explain the concept to you, but I can't understand it for you.
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    female and male chars are different, take your equips off. female char underwear is pink tinted, make is blue tinted, the character should keep this distinction but it shouldnt restrict them from wearing the opposite genders clothing. masculine versions should still exist and feminine versions should still exist, tagging them with (m)/(f) makes sense. faces and hairs should still be restricted to their respective genders, this makes a clear distinction between the two character types. i dont know why this is so impossible to grasp
  • ChoicesChoices
    Reactions: 1,550
    edited February 2020
    [removed]
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    female and male chars are different, take your equips off. female char underwear is pink tinted, make is blue tinted, the character should keep this distinction but it shouldnt restrict them from wearing the opposite genders clothing. masculine versions should still exist and feminine versions should still exist, tagging them with (m)/(f) makes sense. faces and hairs should still be restricted to their respective genders, this makes a clear distinction between the two character types. i dont know why this is so impossible to grasp

The color of the underwear makes no real difference in the sprites, which is why all characters could technically wear all clothes, as you desire.
    As for hairs and faces - there are those who complain about certain hair and face styles being gender-restricted, when in the real world you can do whatever you want with your hair, and there are women with thick eyebrows and men with long eyelashes. Why is your request for clothing freedom any more valid than their request for hair and face style freedom?

It would be technically much easier to remove gender tag entirely from the game than to change all clothing to be gender-neutral. And it would certainly be easier than only changing some clothing, as some of your posts suggest.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2020
    female char underwear is pink tinted, make is blue tinted

Congratulations on finding literally the only substantive difference between male characters and female.

Now that we've sorted that, let's go back to "remove gender flags entirely". Any character can equip anything, use any face, use any hair. I don't get why this is so hard for you to grasp.
    Cheren
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    the underwear distinction is important to me, just like in real life some people you cant tell if they are male or female until they take their clothes off

and i think hair/face distinction should be kept because i dont want to buy a royal coupon and have to gamble through masculine looking short hairs and masculine looking faces maybe make a male and female version of the coupon itself rather than going off of the character gender?

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    the underwear distinction is important to me, just like in real life some people you cant tell if they are male or female until they take their clothes off

and i think hair/face distinction should be kept because i dont want to buy a royal coupon and have to gamble through masculine looking short hairs and masculine looking faces maybe make a male and female version of the coupon itself rather than going off of the character gender?

They could still separate the face/hair into two coupons, and there have been plenty of times where they allowed the hairs to be used on the opposite gender.
    There is no real "clear distinction" between the two genders. You have male characters running around with female hair/face and vice versa.
    The underwear thing doesn't matter in the slightest. Who's going to actually remove all their clothes for that?
    It's a bit weird that you even care about seeing the underwear color of online avatars.
    If we're going to have gender tags, I'd actually rather see the differences increased rather than decreased, you know, so that it actually matters?
    Right now all gender does is lock certain cosmetics on characters that have the exact same base.
    you know aggipine, you dont have to go around the forums just refuting everything anyone posts, its obnoxious af
    It's a forum, people are going to have a difference of opinion, get used to it.
  • JezJez
    edited February 2020
    it matters because it is an avatar for a person, there is a distinction irl and the underwear thing reflects this
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2020
    Remove gender flags, let people wear what they want, let people use the faces and hairs they want. Problem solved with absolutely none of your weird convoluted mess.
    FuhreakCheren