[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gollux shop Adjustment for Reboot

TamirjrTamirjr
Reactions: 320
This is not about a Gollux shop restock. As wished as a Gollux Shop Restock would be, I have another suggestion in mind.

Reboot players can run Hellux for months and not get their desired drop (E.G Superior pendant or belt) for a very long time. This process can be demotivating and hold players back from progressing just because of really bad RNG.
In regular servers this is not a problem, since you can buy them in bulk in action house.
So my suggestion is: Sell Pendants/Belts in the Reboot Gollux shop for green coins.
That way, a player that has been running Gollux for a week with no luck on drops will still be able to acquire the drop and progress, rather than running the same boss day after day with no results due to bad RNG.
Lice1234darik

Comments

• ShadowParadoxShadowParadox
    Reactions: 1,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    Why would this have to be restricted to reboot?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020

Because items that are priced well outside the average/new player's range clearly indicates that there's mass availability and nothing needs to be adjusted or changed for regular servers
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited February 2020

Gollux's shop really should be treated like any equip selling shop. Let it restock. Not going to explain more.
    darik
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    It is intended that people not be able to obtain Superior Gollux pendants and belts without defeating the boss on its highest difficulty (or at least surviving while someone else does so....). Putting these items in the shop runs counter to that design.

Reboot in general has a higher equipment drop rate from bosses, precisely because one can't make up for bad drop luck by buying from others.. It's possible that this increased drop rate does not apply to Gollux, because it isn't KMS content. I will ask that it be looked into.

darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020
    AKradian wrote: »
    It is intended that people not be able to obtain Superior Gollux pendants and belts without defeating the boss on its highest difficulty (or at least surviving while someone else does so....). Putting these items in the shop runs counter to that design.

Reboot in general has a higher equipment drop rate from bosses, precisely because one can't make up for bad drop luck by buying from others.. It's possible that this increased drop rate does not apply to Gollux, because it isn't KMS content. I will ask that it be looked into.

The biggest problem with hellux drops is that it pulls from all four tiers for its drop table. So you could do it for two weeks straight and get nothing but cracked and solid trash.

Perhaps ask that that be looked into as well; that hell mode be made to only drop reinforced and superior.
    SlicedTimeThatRandomShadeTurtlesRockdarik
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited February 2020
    +1 for hell mode to only drop reinforced/superior, it's always annoying to kill hellux and to only be rewarded a cracked pend and belt.
    Lice1234darik
  • Lice1234Lice1234
    Reactions: 450
    edited February 2020
    Agree with this idea, additionally something like 3 Reinforced pendants -> 1 Superior pendant would also be nice.
  • BackstepBackstep
    edited February 2020

Was this ever looked into? I strongly feel that the superior item drop rate is currently bugged. I've run it every day for 2 months on a new character and have 0 superior pendants. I don't think gollux was intended to be a gatekeeper preventing people from progression through terrible rng. Please let us know if this could be addressed
    Tamirjr
  • TamirjrTamirjr
    edited March 2020
    Backstep wrote: »

Was this ever looked into? I strongly feel that the superior item drop rate is currently bugged. I've run it every day for 2 months on a new character and have 0 superior pendants. I don't think gollux was intended to be a gatekeeper preventing people from progression through terrible rng. Please let us know if this could be addressed

I'm in the exact same situation! So demotivating.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited March 2020
    Drop rate is fine, it is a daily boss after all.
  • TamirjrTamirjr
    edited March 2020
    Beef wrote: »
    Drop rate is fine, it is a daily boss after all.

It being a daily boss doesn't help me when I haven't gotten a superior pendant for 3 months now my friend :)
  • SauSau
    I got my first Superior pendant after beating daily Hellux for 3 months,and the second for another 5 months. I agree with " Selling Pendants/Belts in the Reboot Gollux shop for green coins" in Reboot world.And I hope that maybe the Superior Ring can be selling without quantitative restrictions(NX can drastically increase the price of the duplicate).
  • CXKNBCXKNB
    Reactions: 200
    big gap between returning players and old players. A biggggggg obstacle for new players and returning players