[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Enough is Enough

Cadena91Cadena91
Reactions: 1,060
edited February 2020 in General Chat
Let's face it, after every maintenance we have more crashes, glitches, malfunctions, etc

We say Enough for maintenances! please put an end to this. (or at least make it less painful, like once a month or something like that)
AlantinoBBQTimeWONDERGUYota9x55ruri2ppon
  1. Should Nexon stop making maintenances?15 votes
    1. Yes, stop it forever! as soon as possible!
       47% (7 votes)
    2. Yes, but once a month.
       7% (1 vote)
    3. No, because I love malfunctions and glitches.
       47% (7 votes)

Comments

• anubis421anubis421
    Reactions: 710
    edited February 2020
    hell yeah, finally someone bringing this up.
    Kaiser4Ever
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020
    Another pointless poll with clearly-biased choices in an attempt to make it look like anyone who thinks your idea is as watertight as a sieve prefers that negative things be occurring with the state of the game. To be quite honest, I wish they would have never allowed general users(meaning all of you with "Member" under your names) to attach polls to threads, I've seen maybe three polls since the changeover to this forum software three years ago that weren't complete garbage.

As to the complaints in the OP, I offer you this: suck it up. Maintenance used to take a fair chunk of the day(no, three hours is not a "fair chunk", don't even try it), people complained. Now it's shorter. People complain. They stopped doing them every week. People complained.

You people are incapable of being pleased, so why should anyone waste their effort on an impossible task?

wZks8o4.png

Furthermore, anyone who looks at this poll option and thinks "hey that sounds great", I don't have a single polite or endearing word to spare for you.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited February 2020
    "No, because I love malfunctions and glitches"

...I earnestly don't think you understand what maintenances are for. You should stop before you manage to somehow make an even bigger fool of yourself.
    darikFuhreak
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    Probably (hopefully) satire thread but;
    They've been trying to have scheduled maintenances bi-weekly instead of weekly so there's that. Tbh, I don't know if I'd rather have them weekly anyway. There's something about MapleStory servers that makes them literally self-destruct after a while without regular restarts. Rather have a couple hours of regular downtime than having channels crashing and insane lag for weeks in-between.

What you want is less glitches and bugs after content-patches, which is different. Nexon doesn't sufficiently test their copy-pasted content before releasing it. The sooner you accept that the live server is the test server and we are all guinea pigs, the sooner you will find peace or at the very least apathy.
    WONDERGUYSlicedTime
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited February 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    What you want is less glitches and bugs after content-patches, which is different. Nexon doesn't sufficiently test their copy-pasted content before releasing it. The sooner you accept that the live server is the test server and we are all guinea pigs, the sooner you will find peace or at the very least apathy.

well said facts with small correction its nexonNA or nexonWEST
    KMST even gives players to test/see the changes before it makes disaster on live KMS
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited February 2020

...I earnestly don't think you understand what maintenances are for. You should stop before you manage to somehow make an even bigger fool of yourself.

Who cares? I'm myself always having crashes after maintenances, so I don't really care about the meaning, I just know the fact, the fact is that without maintenances, I don't crash, after maintenances, I crash.
    WONDERGUY
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited February 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Another pointless poll with clearly-biased choices in an attempt to make it look like anyone who thinks your idea is as watertight as a sieve prefers that negative things be occurring with the state of the game. To be quite honest, I wish they would have never allowed general users(meaning all of you with "Member" under your names) to attach polls to threads, I've seen maybe three polls since the changeover to this forum software three years ago that weren't complete garbage.

As to the complaints in the OP, I offer you this: suck it up. Maintenance used to take a fair chunk of the day(no, three hours is not a "fair chunk", don't even try it), people complained. Now it's shorter. People complain. They stopped doing them every week. People complained.

You people are incapable of being pleased, so why should anyone waste their effort on an impossible task?

wZks8o4.png

Furthermore, anyone who looks at this poll option and thinks "hey that sounds great", I don't have a single polite or endearing word to spare for you.

No idea what you're talking about, I truly am crash a lot (5 times, one after another) after maintenance, so I'd prefer having a maintenance, perhaps once a month or so.
    WONDERGUYota9x55ruri2ppon
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited February 2020
    I'll play: No more maintenance! No more patches! No more content!
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2020
    i think OP intention was not necessary to stop maintenances
    but more like stop with long useless not tested semi copy-pasted "updates" that goes in each week maintenance

of course weekly or once a month maintenance its needed to upkeep live server needs
    and it should not be a place to test changes 2min before maintenance and pray it works else take down for more maintenance trys untill something works or does the trick untill next "real " update...
    also they can just disable new content thats broken and postpone untill they come with actual fix some other day

but i guess the CashShop update cant wait so let it all on live server what happens happens at least maplers can enjoy some bits from the "new" content and buy nx just fine untill next update fix
    edited February 2020

Who cares? I'm myself always having crashes after maintenances, so I don't really care about the meaning, I just know the fact, the fact is that without maintenances, I don't crash, after maintenances, I crash.

Trust me, you don't want to see what the game would be like without regular maintenance. For example: All of the many Wondroid bugs we experienced, yes the maintenances didn't fix every bug, but before the maints, Reboot was completely unable to progress through. B2 Gang Or, how about a further throwback to early on in glory when almost all 5th job skills stopped working. Yep, sure wouldn't want a maintenance to come around and fix that.

I'm kind of dumbfounded that people think the game would be better off without regular maintenances. Correlation doesn't equal causation, the maintenances aren't what causes you to dc, it's the plethora of bugs and instability the maintenances are trying to fix. You'd definitely keep dcing even without regular maintenances.
    darik
  • LilNumptyLilNumpty
    Reactions: 215

Trust me, you don't want to see what the game would be like without regular maintenance. For example: All of the many Wondroid bugs we experienced, yes the maintenances didn't fix every bug, but before the maints, Reboot was completely unable to progress through. B2 Gang Or, how about a further throwback to early on in glory when almost all 5th job skills stopped working. Yep, sure wouldn't want a maintenance to come around and fix that.

I'm kind of dumbfounded that people think the game would be better off without regular maintenances. Correlation doesn't equal causation, the maintenances aren't what causes you to dc, it's the plethora of bugs and instability the maintenances are trying to fix. You'd definitely keep dcing even without regular maintenances.

If only a game as big as Maplestory could actually manage to release events without having multiple game-breaking bugs every time. Heck, the entire Wondroid managed to finish before a lot of the bugs were fixed...
    darikWONDERGUY
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited February 2020
    LilNumpty wrote: »
    a game as big as Maplestory.

lol

WONDERGUY
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited March 2020
    I find absolutely nothing wrong about this thread or the OP posting this thread. Look, if you do not appreciate a thread, just ignore and/or don't put down some kind of hateful comment to trigger more people getting upset for no reason. And, if you really cannot hold in your emotions or feelings, or perhaps there really is something wrong with this thread, just report it somehow. Still, no need to put down some unnecessary hateful comment. If you are simply looking to trigger people's emotions or to flame a thread, stop it this very instant. Thank you. My god.

To respond to OP's thread, finally, I think maintenance times are kept at a reasonable pace right now, and I personally do not see additional crash afterwards, it's just... the same crash keeps on happening LOL in other words, they have not fixed the crash by going through another maintenance, that's all from me. I appreciate the thread, bringing out the some of the most important feedback back onto the table.
    WONDERGUY
  • xBeastHeroxBeastHero
    edited March 2020
    There are so many things wrong with this thread it’s hurting my eyes.

I don’t think the OP has a single knowledge on how a game is ran and WHY they do bi-weekly maintenances.

If you had a bit of knowledge about that you would know that for one, a maintenance isn’t there just for “fun”, doesn’t make you “DC” and isn’t there just to piss you off. It is REQUIRED to keep the servers healthy. Do you even know what they do in the background in these maintenances? They install security updates to game servers, they “ restart” the servers because if it wasn’t done, the game would be unplayable after three weeks or even more due to garbage collection and all the other stuff.... they also do maintenances on the database servers and all the other stuff to keep the game running.

Honestly if they stopped doing maintenance all together, you’d have 100x more problems than we have right now... instead of posting stuff that you’ve no idea about, take some programming classes and learn how to make your own game and then you can come and tell us that “ server restarts and game server upkeep” aren’t required, especially in a game as complexe and big as maple story. ( which btw is completely wrong)
    edited March 2020
    I find absolutely nothing wrong about this thread or the OP posting this thread. Look, if you do not appreciate a thread, just ignore and/or don't put down some kind of hateful comment to trigger more people getting upset for no reason. And, if you really cannot hold in your emotions or feelings, or perhaps there really is something wrong with this thread, just report it somehow. Still, no need to put down some unnecessary hateful comment. If you are simply looking to trigger people's emotions or to flame a thread, stop it this very instant. Thank you. My god.

Frankly, if you don't see the issue with this thread, you're part of the problem. Also, turns out, people on the internet have opinions, who'd've thought. Your alternative to someone having a differing opinion is to "report" the thread? I hate the term special snowflake, but there's not any better way to describe this. Bashing on people for disagreeing with the OP is just ridiculous.

Maintenances are the solution, not the problem.
    darik
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited March 2020
    So, you WANT this server, which is already a very big target of viruses, worms, and hackers, not to do their weekly cleaning?

Right, uh-huh. They might as well put a sign on the launcher saying, "The Players here are Sitting Ducks! Hack us and Rob them Blind!"
    darik
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited March 2020
    Right, uh-huh. They might as well put a sign on the launcher saying, "The Players here are Sitting Ducks! Hack us and Rob them Blind!"

this is allredy kinda true just missing the sign lol

on the topic
    OP just missed the point of maintenance (mostly because he dont know why its done) but also because nexon often uses maintenance to add update/mini patch bug "fix" solutions right on spot

those things outside of the periodicly maintenance (standard server upkeep,data clean...) often makes it worse and lose the purpose of the so called maintenance

might aswell call it mini update+maintenance
    but i guess nexon is trying to save work hours and money with rushing so many things at once and calling it maintenance

although it dosnt matter how is called without test server we are going to keep be guinea pigs
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020
    This thread is a perfect example of why the majority of suggestions go unacknowledged. The player base, taken as a singular entity, often shows it knows nothing about the game it plays.
    darik
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited March 2020
    This thread is a perfect example of why suggestions go unacknowledged. few individuals being 24/7 bored and ready to find pinpoint to argue &**** on either on forum or other social they will be there

just because OP didnt understand fully nexon way of maintenance meaning lets all unite and **** on him

meanwhile GMS maintenance gets worse and worse while other regions gets it done quicker and with less problems in the game after each maintenance
    then we wonder why KMS player base dont rapidly decline all this years and why many chose to main in KMS and run events and some short dailys in GMS
  • xBeastHeroxBeastHero
    edited March 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    This thread is a perfect example of why suggestions go unacknowledged. few individuals being 24/7 bored and ready to find pinpoint to argue &**** on either on forum or other social they will be there

just because OP didnt understand fully nexon way of maintenance meaning lets all unite and **** on him

meanwhile GMS maintenance gets worse and worse while other regions gets it done quicker and with less problems in the game after each maintenance
    then we wonder why KMS player base dont rapidly decline all this years and why many chose to main in KMS and run events and some short dailys in GMS

I think you fail to mention here that KMS DOES have a TEST server. Which is something GMS Do not have for years now. I feel like if GMS brought back GMST, Maybe there would be less issues into live server. I am sure they do TEST their stuff internally, but it is phisically impossible, with their small QA team, to detect and squash EVERY SINGLE bugs into this testing process. Sure, some are gonna say that a test server wouldn't do any better and would result into the same things since we can't find every bugs either, but I have a feeling it would squash down at least HALF of what goes into live servers right now.
    WONDERGUYdarikFuhreak