[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

pic reset bug

WsonicXenonWsonicXenon
Reactions: 300
edited March 2020 in Tech Support
You do not have a game character or password has not been set up on this account.
this message is keep popping up when my friend (who hates forums) want to reset here pic because he forgot the old one
can someone help pls?

Comments

• ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited March 2020
    Try resetting with a different browser or turn off your adblocker?
  • ChuZhinRhaChuZhinRha
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2020
    Hi Guys,

So I just returned from a hiatus and I wanted to reset my PIC, but I don't get an e-mail when I try to reset it.
    I get the confirmation that it is sent to my e-mail, but nothing pops up.

Like to know, if others are experiencing the same.
  • ILoveChachiILoveChachi
    edited April 2020
    Yea man same issue. Looks like this is an issue for a lot of returning players.
  • RagingSwordsRagingSwords
    Reactions: 400
    edited April 2020
    DIdo
    maybe its their way of not over running the servers or something XD
    im kidding
    but you have to wonder what kind of solution are they giving us with this, we are more then potential money wasters at our age
  • OhManOHMANQQOhManOHMANQQ
    Same here...
    edited April 2020
    I also need to reset my PIC, the email never comes through though :(
  • BuddielBuddiel
    hello i have the same problem, i want to come back to play but i cant reset the PIC,
    on the first trys i didn't receive the email and after that it keep
    saying this messge "ou do not have a game character or password has not been set up on this account."
    edited April 2020
    Hey, if anyone was looking for help with this issue.
    I was able to have mine reset for me by submitting a ticket, it took about 3 days of communication though.
    edited April 2020
    Hey, if anyone was looking for help with this issue.
    I was able to have mine reset for me by submitting a ticket, it took about 3 days of communication though.
  • AlthexiaAlthexia
    edited April 2020
    I hadn't played in a long time, and recently saw about the Reboot server(s). A friend and I decided to come play and start new characters there, but I don't remember my PIC.

When I went to go reset it on my account page, it says it has sent me the email, but after multiple attempts I see no Email from Nexon in my inbox or my Junk Mail.

Any ideas?
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited April 2020
    If you haven't already, try allowing third-party cookies on your web browser settings. Afterwards, close than relaunch your browser and attempt logging in again.

The MapleStory Player Support Center has provided a guide for Google Chrome users walking you through the process. The steps should be similar however, if you are using a different web browser.

https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360041433531--Known-Issue-Website-Errors-Disconnecting-or-experiencing-issues-resetting-your-PIC
  • RainbowYarnRainbowYarn
    Reactions: 500
    edited April 2020
    Also having issues. I get an email to reset my PIC and I follow through with it, and it brings me to my account info and I get a message stating that my PIC has been reset, but that's it.

I'm confused as to what to do now.
  • TPrim3TPrim3
    Also having issues. I get an email to reset my PIC and I follow through with it, and it brings me to my account info and I get a message stating that my PIC has been reset, but that's it.

I'm confused as to what to do now.

I too get the message stating my PIC has been reset so then I open the game again BUT it still asks me to insert my PIC... no idea what else to do seems to me that reseting PIC isn´t working