[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lag in Elysium

Comments

• luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited April 2020
    Ever since everyone has come home because COVID-19 after the maintenance, the servers were lagging so bad that we couldn't clear all the hard bosses last night. I'm in Elysium server. A lot of people have been lagging lately. I'm not sure about other servers, I've asked the guys in reboot, and they don't seem to find any problems with theirs. I'm gonna safely assume Bera is also struggling with that too. Obviously not happy.

since wondroid event .. this problem is to today , there are many posts in diverses forums with these problems. since high consumption in the cpu, lag, lag spike, freezes whit delay, it isnt only in elysium also in some worlds but they are blind or do not want fix this for the moment
  • innncginnncg
    Reactions: 555
    edited April 2020
    luna02 wrote: »
    Ever since everyone has come home because COVID-19 after the maintenance, the servers were lagging so bad that we couldn't clear all the hard bosses last night. I'm in Elysium server. A lot of people have been lagging lately. I'm not sure about other servers, I've asked the guys in reboot, and they don't seem to find any problems with theirs. I'm gonna safely assume Bera is also struggling with that too. Obviously not happy.

since wondroid event .. this problem is to today , there are many posts in diverses forums with these problems. since high consumption in the cpu, lag, lag spike, freezes whit delay, it isnt only in elysium also in some worlds but they are blind or do not want fix this for the moment

Obviously you did not play in Elysium. The serious lag problem only happens when you have multiple people in bossing. It only happens in Elysium after maintenance in March, and other servers like Bera, Reboot are totally fine when bossing with six man party.
    WONDERGUY
  • innncginnncg
    edited April 2020

Sorry, let me clarify my previous post. I have no offense to your post, but obviously you are talking different thing with us. At this moment, when you do bossing in Elysium with six people, the lag will come every minute. We do obviously know serve is laggy all the times but there is never such lag that only happened in bossing.
  • microwavemicrowave
    Reactions: 425
    edited April 2020
    innncg wrote: »

Obviously you did not play in Elysium. The serious lag problem only happens when you have multiple people in bossing. It only happens in Elysium after maintenance in March, and other servers like Bera, Reboot are totally fine when bossing with six man party.

man i play in both worlds. bera and elysium , have a internet of 600mbs fibre optic .. and elysium is unplayable to cause of lag and bera have problems of lag and spikes freezes, by a high use in task manager by the performance only in this game in 70% 90% to 100% randomly ... not is problem of my pc why is a good pc gamer of last generation ... monitor less ... is a game 2D but no fix we see to today
    WONDERGUY
  • innncginnncg
    edited April 2020
    microwave wrote: »
    innncg wrote: »

man i play in both worlds. bera and elysium , have a internet of 600mbs fibre optic .. and elysium is unplayable to cause of lag and bera have problems of lag and spikes freezes, by a high use in task manager by the performance only in this game in 70% 90% to 100% randomly ... not is problem of my pc why is a good pc gamer of last generation ... monitor less ... is a game 2D but no fix we see to today

well, let us hope nexon can fix the lags in both Elysium and Bera.
    Port
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    Reactions: 940
    edited April 2020
    Nexon seems to not want to publicly confirm this issue. Hopefully it gets fixed next patch.

This problem is still happening. Every single player in Elysium is experiencing lag only during bossing when bossing in a party.

Port
  • PlaguesPlagues
    Reactions: 310
    edited April 2020
    Is there anyone else experiencing more lag? or constant crashes?
    Port
  • PortPort
    Reactions: 510
    edited April 2020
    MapleStory is unplayable for me. The last week I log on and then wait 2 minutes between attacks for about 5 minutes before it drops out completely.
    Please Nexon, I've played for many years and just want to continue. You must be making more money because of more players playing because of COVID, so please upgrade your servers.
    EDIT: I'm in Elysium too but my problem is not just when bossing.
    WONDERGUY
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited April 2020
    Hello,
    We are aware of the recent server lag and disconnection and are in the progress of investigating the issues.
    Hoping it can be addressed soon for all the affected worlds.
    KoenAriesDRXinnncgrtzy
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    edited April 2020
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello,
    We are aware of the recent server lag and disconnection and are in the progress of investigating the issues.

THANK YOU. This is what a lot of us wanted to hear.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited April 2020
    AriesDRX wrote: »
    Ever since the last maintenance there's been an usual amount of lag in Elysium. Especially during bosses and while training. I'm not the only one experiencing this. The members in my bossing party have also noticed this lag, and other players as well have noticed this increased lag. Our parties have a 100% clear rate of these certain bosses, and because of this lag sometimes we are failing. Other people are having a hard time training or bossing as well.

Was the bandwidth in Elysium decreased or something?

To be frank, each maintenace there are always new glitches and an usual lag not just in Elysium, why do we even need a maintenance every week? why not once in 2 weeks or something?

But all those people that against merging paid servers saying they don't want all paid servers to get merged because "it'd cause big lag", and yet that empty world Elysium is very laggy... you see? they make no sense. merging all paid servers won't make any big change in lag or whatever. it's a fact.
  • innncginnncg
    edited April 2020
    Hello,

Thank you for letting us know. Look forward to your update.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited April 2020
    we still havent clear hard lucid yet. i lost my guild skills after dying with a huge lag. i even have battleroid and 6 buff freezers
    WONDERGUY
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    edited April 2020
    Yeah, there's 2 different issues in term of lag now.
    1. It seems all the botters are switching channels to a specific channel at the same time and causing it to overload
    2. The glitch where the more players you have in a party in boss chamber the more laggy it gets.
    WONDERGUY
    edited April 2020
    we went with just 4, 1 dced. well we got one more chance with this lag. it's already too little too late to fix it all before patch. i agree with ur first point, it was ferocious.
    WONDERGUY
  • OhGodWhyMEOhGodWhyME
    edited April 2020
    just dc'd with all my exp buffs on.

Yeah, forget training as well until this is fixed.

I'm in Bera.
    WONDERGUY
  • NyongNyong
    Reactions: 360
    edited April 2020
    Hello,

fix all the game , too the high consume of memory leak ! manys post in diferents forums of this problem not have fix to today by your, each event and uptade are terrible ! remove blackcipher and nexon launcher ! back the old game launcher and pls fix the consume of memory huge ... is a game 2 d others games run normal , many people have this problem too to today
    WONDERGUY
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    edited April 2020
    Don't get too excited guys. The point of this thread was to point out the lag happening when fighting bosses with party members, or having other players in your map while training.Typically entering bosses by yourself does not cause the game to lag.

This thread wasn't created to complain about all general lag and game instability issues.
    WONDERGUYinnncg
  • GambitZoaGambitZoa
    Reactions: 320
    Hello,

the game is unplayble elysium is very lag and maplestory consume too much ram memory and use in my cpu ! not only in me in other users too . fix the game pls
    WONDERGUY
    edited April 2020
    any updates?
    innncg