[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

PIC for storage

SilentJudicatorSilentJudicator
Reactions: 880
Posts: 26
Member
edited April 2020 in General Chat
Does anyone else find having to enter PIC for storage EXTREMELY annoying? Especially when transferring things between numerous mules. Any good reason why this was even implemented? I've looked around on the patch notes and did not see an explanation as to why this was implemented for storage.
Dnaman101cheezburger85JettLuvsURokanipat159RobinsonSunsetChaoskaopiBBQTimedarikand 1 other.

Comments

  • XenonFunzXenonFunz
    Reactions: 1,150
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Nexon adding pic to storage has defeated me
    I have no desire to play the game anymore because of this
    it's such a stupid change to the game that has no good reason at all...
    Dnaman101cheezburger85pat159RobinsonSunsetChaoskaopiBBQTimedarikGoldAdventurer
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    XenonFunz wrote: »
    Nexon adding pic to storage has defeated me
    I have no desire to play the game anymore because of this
    That's a bit dramatic. It's a couple more clicks, just like with nodes. Annoying? Mildly. Worth quitting over? No.
    But you choose the hill you want to die on I guess.
    Fuhreak
  • dimnut43dimnut43
    Reactions: 920
    Posts: 38
    Member
    edited April 2020
    IF IT WORKS THEN I WONT MIND BUT IT DOES NOT WORK AND IS GLITCHED MORE REAL MONEY GONE AND NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT NEXON PLEASE FIX MY TRADE I HAVE ON MY CHARACTERS TY
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 1,785
    Posts: 187
    Member
    edited April 2020
    This is a horrible thing added to Maple and should be removed ASAP
    cheezburger85XenonFunzSilentJudicatorpat159RobinsonSunsetChaosDragonRifle92kaopiBBQTimedarikand 1 other.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    Posts: 44
    Member
    edited April 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    XenonFunz wrote: »
    Nexon adding pic to storage has defeated me
    I have no desire to play the game anymore because of this
    That's a bit dramatic. It's a couple more clicks, just like with nodes. Annoying? Mildly. Worth quitting over? No.
    But you choose the hill you want to die on I guess.

    By reading your post I can tell that you're trying to soften this matter.

    Why are there always a few people like you who are always on Nexon's side? he's definitely right.
    I also find it really annoying because it's not just "a couple more clicks", it's a couple more clicks that we must do 100 times every single day.... I also quit because of this change.
    Even if it's "just a couple more clicks", once you have to do it a lot of times everyday, it's became really painful and extremely annoying.

    There is really no need to soften this extremely important matter at all.
    pat159fallonstalonsdarikGoldAdventurer
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    BBQTime wrote: »
    HHG1 wrote: »
    XenonFunz wrote: »
    Nexon adding pic to storage has defeated me
    I have no desire to play the game anymore because of this
    That's a bit dramatic. It's a couple more clicks, just like with nodes. Annoying? Mildly. Worth quitting over? No.
    But you choose the hill you want to die on I guess.

    By reading your post I can tell that you're trying to soften this matter.

    Why are there always a few people like you who are always on Nexon's side? he's definitely right.
    I also find it really annoying because it's not just "a couple more clicks", it's a couple more clicks that we must do 100 times every single day.... I also quit because of this change.
    Even if it's "just a couple more clicks", once you have to do it a lot of times everyday, it's became really painful and extremely annoying.

    There is really no need to soften this extremely important matter at all.
    Oh, I am definitely not always on Nexon's side. But throwing a tantrum and saying it has DEFEATED him and torn all the desire to play out of him is absolutely an overreaction to something as small as this.
    Again, you choose which hill you want to die on. I think you're just going to have to get over it, like everyone else. The pin exists to protect players items if they are on a public or shared computer (more commonly net cafes in kms).
    Fuhreak
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited April 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    BBQTime wrote: »
    HHG1 wrote: »
    XenonFunz wrote: »
    Nexon adding pic to storage has defeated me
    I have no desire to play the game anymore because of this
    That's a bit dramatic. It's a couple more clicks, just like with nodes. Annoying? Mildly. Worth quitting over? No.
    But you choose the hill you want to die on I guess.

    By reading your post I can tell that you're trying to soften this matter.

    Why are there always a few people like you who are always on Nexon's side? he's definitely right.
    I also find it really annoying because it's not just "a couple more clicks", it's a couple more clicks that we must do 100 times every single day.... I also quit because of this change.
    Even if it's "just a couple more clicks", once you have to do it a lot of times everyday, it's became really painful and extremely annoying.

    There is really no need to soften this extremely important matter at all.
    Oh, I am definitely not always on Nexon's side. But throwing a tantrum and saying it has DEFEATED him and torn all the desire to play out of him is absolutely an overreaction to something as small as this.
    Again, you choose which hill you want to die on. I think you're just going to have to get over it, like everyone else. The pin exists to protect players items if they are on a public or shared computer (more commonly net cafes in kms).

    "you want to die on", first of all, quitting isn't a horrible "die" as you trying to picture.
    "I think you're just going to have to get over it", nexon must do as the majority says, because without us, there is no maplestory.
    to be honest, nexon can easily stay with that bank pic thingy but they're totally going to lose some players and guess what? I am one of them.

    bye.
    darik
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    BBQTime wrote: »
    HHG1 wrote: »
    XenonFunz wrote: »
    Nexon adding pic to storage has defeated me
    I have no desire to play the game anymore because of this
    That's a bit dramatic. It's a couple more clicks, just like with nodes. Annoying? Mildly. Worth quitting over? No.
    But you choose the hill you want to die on I guess.

    By reading your post I can tell that you're trying to soften this matter.

    Why are there always a few people like you who are always on Nexon's side? he's definitely right.
    I also find it really annoying because it's not just "a couple more clicks", it's a couple more clicks that we must do 100 times every single day.... I also quit because of this change.
    Even if it's "just a couple more clicks", once you have to do it a lot of times everyday, it's became really painful and extremely annoying.

    There is really no need to soften this extremely important matter at all.
    Oh, I am definitely not always on Nexon's side. But throwing a tantrum and saying it has DEFEATED him and torn all the desire to play out of him is absolutely an overreaction to something as small as this.
    Again, you choose which hill you want to die on. I think you're just going to have to get over it, like everyone else. The pin exists to protect players items if they are on a public or shared computer (more commonly net cafes in kms).

    "you want to die on", first of all, quitting isn't a horrible "die" as you trying to picture.
    "I think you're just going to have to get over it", nexon must do as the majority says, because without us, there is no maplestory.
    to be honest, nexon can easily stay with that bank pic thingy but they're totally going to lose some players and guess what? I am one of them.

    bye.

    Choosing a hill to die on is an idiom, similar meaning to picking your battles wisely. As in; if you think this incredibly small issue by comparison is worth quitting over, then that is the very small and insignificant hill you've chosen you die on, figuratively. That's the basket you've put all your eggs in, etc etc
    I'm saying you should prioritize better and react proportionally.
    But bye, see you in 2 weeks when you realize it wasn't worth the fuss after all.
    Fuhreak
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    Posts: 67
    Member
    edited April 2020
    I'm surprised people are actually quitting over this change, it's only another 3 seconds of work (more if you have a long pin sure) but really? I'm surprised you guys didn't quit when pin got added to the node npcs.
  • RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    Posts: 45
    Member
    edited April 2020
    I find it annoying, same with it being on node masters, and at this point I made my pic pretty short thus reducing its security, not like its really all that useful anyways.
    Honestly if someone got into my account or w/e having them put the pic in again isn't going to stop them. This is where annoyance >>> security thus making security weaker cuz people put less effort to save time. Should make my PIC iW2b3 =p
    Dnaman101pat159
  • XenonFunzXenonFunz
    Reactions: 1,150
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited April 2020
    I'm surprised people are actually quitting over this change, it's only another 3 seconds of work (more if you have a long pin sure) but really? I'm surprised you guys didn't quit when pin got added to the node npcs.

    when they added pics to nodes I was upset at first but then got over it. I still think it's absolutely stupid and not needed but the reason I got over it was because I don't need to craft/edit nodes constantly like I need to access storage. For the most part, it was entering my pin 4-5 times at the set up of each mule I did. The storage I constantly need to access, having the pin on it is very pointless.
    HHG1 wrote: »
    HHG1 wrote: »
    BBQTime wrote: »
    HHG1 wrote: »
    XenonFunz wrote: »
    Nexon adding pic to storage has defeated me
    I have no desire to play the game anymore because of this
    That's a bit dramatic. It's a couple more clicks, just like with nodes. Annoying? Mildly. Worth quitting over? No.
    But you choose the hill you want to die on I guess.

    By reading your post I can tell that you're trying to soften this matter.

    Why are there always a few people like you who are always on Nexon's side? he's definitely right.
    I also find it really annoying because it's not just "a couple more clicks", it's a couple more clicks that we must do 100 times every single day.... I also quit because of this change.
    Even if it's "just a couple more clicks", once you have to do it a lot of times everyday, it's became really painful and extremely annoying.

    There is really no need to soften this extremely important matter at all.
    Oh, I am definitely not always on Nexon's side. But throwing a tantrum and saying it has DEFEATED him and torn all the desire to play out of him is absolutely an overreaction to something as small as this.
    Again, you choose which hill you want to die on. I think you're just going to have to get over it, like everyone else. The pin exists to protect players items if they are on a public or shared computer (more commonly net cafes in kms).

    "you want to die on", first of all, quitting isn't a horrible "die" as you trying to picture.
    "I think you're just going to have to get over it", nexon must do as the majority says, because without us, there is no maplestory.
    to be honest, nexon can easily stay with that bank pic thingy but they're totally going to lose some players and guess what? I am one of them.

    bye.

    Choosing a hill to die on is an idiom, similar meaning to picking your battles wisely. As in; if you think this incredibly small issue by comparison is worth quitting over, then that is the very small and insignificant hill you've chosen you die on, figuratively. That's the basket you've put all your eggs in, etc etc
    I'm saying you should prioritize better and react proportionally.
    But bye, see you in 2 weeks when you realize it wasn't worth the fuss after all.

    Don't twist my words here. I didn't throw a tantrum. I said I'm dissapointed in nexon for adding something GMS didn't need and for the record, I have not seen a single post yet where other players like the idea of the pic being on the storage
    darik
  • SeleriaSeleria
    Reactions: 740
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited April 2020
    I actually find the pic on storage to be one of the most annoying things in the game now. I frequently am moving things around between characters and since I have maxed out storage slots I keep everything I need in there. which means I access it frequently.
    Seems stupid, but was enough to make me logout when playing yesterday.
    I wouldn't quit over it, but definitely might not play as much just because when I switch characters I would have to take a lot of time repeatedly putting it in over and over to move my equipment and simply put, I just don't want to go through the hassle enough to play sometimes with the longer time.
    Dnaman101pat159
  • SilentJudicatorSilentJudicator
    Reactions: 880
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited April 2020
    I'm surprised people are actually quitting over this change, it's only another 3 seconds of work (more if you have a long pin sure) but really? I'm surprised you guys didn't quit when pin got added to the node npcs.

    The main problem is, you do NOT access the nodestone master NEARLY as frequently as you would access the storage. Especially for those of us still building up our mules and tidying inventories and mass extracting items. I actually dont mind the PIC on the nodestone master.

    As for storage, sure it is a bit of a hassle, but when that "bit" of hassle adds up over even 8 characters it becomes a pain.

    For the whole protection thing, I doubt your account would be safe if hackers have already gained access to it and logged in on your character. So I still currently see 0 points in implementing this.
    Dnaman101pat159darik
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 1,785
    Posts: 187
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Rokani wrote: »
    Honestly if someone got into my account or w/e having them put the pic in again isn't going to stop them.

    This!
    pat159
  • pat159pat159
    Reactions: 1,090
    Posts: 38
    Member
    edited April 2020
    It has nothing to do with security, that's a bogus excuse/reason to add it, if someone is on our characters accessing the storage or nodes it means they already know your PIC since they have to enter it to even log into the game, so having you enter it once already in game is absolutely pointless and a waste of time for everyone. Like someone else said, it even makes PIC less secure because people will simplify it in order to waste less time entering it about a hundred times a day...
    Dnaman101SlicedTimefallonstalons
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited April 2020
    pat159 wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with security, that's a bogus excuse/reason to add it, if someone is on our characters accessing the storage or nodes it means they already know your PIC since they have to enter it to even log into the game, so having you enter it once already in game is absolutely pointless and a waste of time for everyone. Like someone else said, it even makes PIC less secure because people will simplify it in order to waste less time entering it about a hundred times a day...

    You're missing the point.
    HHG1 wrote: »
    The pin exists to protect players items if they are on a public or shared computer (more commonly net cafes in kms).

    For its intended function, it works perfectly fine. It seems pointless to you because you're attributing it, incorrectly, to preventing hackers from getting at your nodes or storage items when, in reality, it's to prevent someone from screwing with your items or nodes when you get up from your PC in a public setting.
  • SilentJudicatorSilentJudicator
    Reactions: 880
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited April 2020
    I think the whole thing about having your account logged in at a public net cafe doesn't rest well with a lot of players here on GMS. I personally do not know of anyone accessing this game at an internet cafe on my BL. It should be common sense that if you access anything on a public computer, do NOT leave traces of your password or personal details behind, let alone leave an app logged in for people to abuse.

    If we apply that logic of protecting account information, wouldn't we need to enter a PIC every time we trade regular items as well? Or every time we need to enter the auction house? If the PIC only protected the items inside the storage, what's there to stop people with bad intent from trading away the entire inventory of goods that a lot of players store on their characters? Once again, if the hacker / scammer has already logged in to your account, then all is already lost.

    The hassle it creates versus the effect it is supposed to create is NOT worth it in my opinion and not enough of a reason to implement in the first place.
    Dnaman101pat159XenonFunzfallonstalons
  • RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    Posts: 45
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    HHG1 wrote: »
    The pin exists to protect players items if they are on a public or shared computer (more commonly net cafes in kms).

    For its intended function, it works perfectly fine. It seems pointless to you because you're attributing it, incorrectly, to preventing hackers from getting at your nodes or storage items when, in reality, it's to prevent someone from screwing with your items or nodes when you get up from your PC in a public setting.

    If that's the case let people stupid enough to not log out suffer the consequences.
    pat159
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Rokani wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    HHG1 wrote: »
    The pin exists to protect players items if they are on a public or shared computer (more commonly net cafes in kms).

    For its intended function, it works perfectly fine. It seems pointless to you because you're attributing it, incorrectly, to preventing hackers from getting at your nodes or storage items when, in reality, it's to prevent someone from screwing with your items or nodes when you get up from your PC in a public setting.

    If that's the case let people stupid enough to not log out suffer the consequences.

    So if you were to leave your game unattended to, oh I don't know, use the bathroom or get something to eat or drink, and I came over and disassembled all of your nodes, raided your storage and dropped everything on the ground, you'd be okay with it? Since, in your words, people who are stupid enough to not log out should suffer the consequences.

    What you said has to be the most asinine, self-centered, hot-garbage take I've ever seen posted.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Well it was a shocker true, but now you have to prioritize what items are worth keeping in your storage as well as mesos. I'm not freaking out, but i have a lot of work to do in transferring **** over to my other 40+ classes.:(