[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Familiar card drop rate is insane

Comments

• MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited April 2020
    ShadEight wrote: »
    So are we suppose to spend months getting something that would've taken less than a day in the old system?

Yes, this is nexon. Where farming 240 droplets for a single item is "balanced."
    pat159
  • SilentJudicatorSilentJudicator
    Reactions: 880
    edited April 2020
    See here's the thing:

- We all thought that the system being "revamped" meant that it would become better.

- Turns out the system was not made better, if anything it was worse than before. Certain familiars were nigh impossible to get even before the revamp and now are practically non existent.

- After the patch it was claimed that familiars now drop according to their rank, it makes no sense that common cards such as Rien monsters still take up to around 40 minutes to get. YES i went to farm those muru cards and it took a whole 36 minutes with my pig familiar and monster park pendant plus holy symbol.

- As of now, any badge set containing a boss is not possible to get without buying numerous booster packs. I would have considered buying booster packs if the drop rates for all the other familiars were so ridiculously low.

I'm hoping that after this unscheduled maintenance they ACTUALLY fix the familiar system. Or I might as well just stay well away from the system altogether. Not willing to spend the time and effort to hunt for things which I know won't drop.

This broken system together with the PIC storage issue REALLY isn't making maple enjoyable right now.
    pat159
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited April 2020
    OkitsMs wrote: »
    You literally had the whole day to farm them, but if you had other things to do, then I don't know what to tell you lol. You sure were quick to make note of the spawn nerf right after the maintenance was over though. So...it sounds like you're just satly you didn't farm enough boogie.

Maps were packed within minutes, no chance for anyone besides those lucker dogs who hogged them for hours especially for people not glued to their chairs 14 hours a day. You're just scared of a potential rollback aren't you, why else would you flinch when the R word got mentioned?
  • OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited April 2020
    pepe wrote: »
    You literally had the whole day to farm them, but if you had other things to do, then I don't know what to tell you lol. You sure were quick to make note of the spawn nerf right after the maintenance was over though. So...it sounds like you're just satly you didn't farm enough boogie.

Maps were packed within minutes, no chance for anyone besides those lucker dogs who hogged them for hours especially for people not glued to their chairs 14 hours a day. You're just scared of a potential rollback aren't you, why else would you flinch when the R word got mentioned?

"You're just scare of potential rollback" yes, I guess I should be all for rolling back a whole days worth of progress because some salty players didn't farm enough boogies. Who cares about any levelling or progress anyone else made on their characters during that 24H.

Obviously anyone who wasn't farming
    boogies were just afking in the sauna, so whatev. (Sarcasm).

You make me lul.

Anyways, they decided to disable the whole familiar system so I hope you're less salty about it now. Feels kinda stupid that you were all grumpy dumpy for nothing and it doesnt even matter now eh?
  • pat159pat159
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited April 2020

"You're just scare of potential rollback" yes, I guess I should be all for rolling back a whole days worth of progress because some salty players didn't farm enough boogies. Who cares about any levelling or progress anyone else made on their characters during that 24H.

You make me lul.

Anyways, they decided to disable the whole familiar system so I hope you're less salty about it now. Feels kinda stupid that you were all grumpy dumpy for nothing and it doesnt even matter now eh?

You're just as salty because you only play maple all day and have nothing else to do. Even in quarantine, some of us still have to go to work kiddo. I don't see how it's fair to have the drop rate extremely high for a couple hours where players that were able to play got hundreds and even thousands of familiars. Then go and break the drop rate to the point you get 1 every hour or even longer. How is it fair to let people farm familiars for a few hours, then changing it to needing over hundreds and thousands of hours farming lv10 monters for the rest of the people to get that same amount of familiars. Like i said, were not all able to play maplestory 24/7 like you, stop being selfish and look further than the tip of your own nose. How can you possibly think that people will not be angry that you make them farm hundred of hours instead of a dozen hours.
    link37890jwu561
  • OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited April 2020
    pat159 wrote: »

You make me lul.

You're just as salty because you only play maple all day and have nothing else to do. Even in quarantine, some of us still have to go to work kiddo. I don't see how it's fair to have the drop rate extremely high for a couple hours where players that were able to play got hundreds and even thousands of familiars. Then go and break the drop rate to the point you get 1 every hour or even longer. How is it fair to let people farm familiars for a few hours, then changing it to needing over hundreds and thousands of hours farming lv10 monters for the rest of the people to get that same amount of familiars. Like i said, were not all able to play maplestory 24/7 like you, stop being selfish and look further than the tip of your own nose. How can you possibly think that people will not be angry that you make them farm hundred of hours instead of a dozen hours.

Literally the saltiest thing I've read all day xD..but okay, you're not salty.

I'm honestly not even that bothered because I spent my time doing what I wanted and liked, and that was levelling my burning character. I knew about the boogie thing but I didn't go farm for them at all because I would rather be doing something else.

You're calling me selfish, but you want everyone else to suffer because you didn't get what YOU wanted. Alright, "kiddo".

Anyways, like I said before, they disabled the familiar now and they're probably going to make some changes to it so I don't know why you're still so salty about it. :P
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited April 2020
    it was pretty bad i was Lv 15 during this trials run yet no drop card from these snails for 50mins. Nexon failed sadly.
    Level differences doesn't matter
  • ExcessH20ExcessH20
    Reactions: 470
    edited April 2020
    As others have mentioned, the real tragedy of the revamp is the badge system, and the following emergency patch made it much worse. Acquiring 10 badges for the third familiar slot isn't feasible for many reasons.. Acquiring the 8 badges with your favorite bonuses is even less reasonable, and most would argue that it's next to impossible. My feedback:

- Acquiring badges should feel rewarding, and the difficulty of obtaining a badge should correspond to the quality of the bonus. Post-update I was able to acquire every card from the Rebel badge except for Big Boulder Muncher's card. I spent an hour hunting a monster nearly 200 levels beneath me with over 3x drop and I ended up with nothing. I felt like I wasted my time, and that feeling isn't conducive to my wanting to play the game. The effort needed to get one of the easiest to obtain badges isn't worth the reward, which is part of why I gave up on unlocking the third slot.

- Some sets have monsters that no longer exist. Like I said, I should be able to pick any badge I want and be able to acquire it in a reasonable amount of time.

- It seems impossible to obtain cards from bosses like Stumpy and Timer due to their low spawn rates and ridiculously low drop rates. At one point I was excited that I had almost completed my Perion set, but then I realized that the requirement of Stumpy meant that I had again wasted my time. Suddenly, every set that contained a boss was completely off limits. Bosses either need much higher drop rates, a method to reliably obtain boss familiars outside of drops or should not be required for badges at all.

Players should not have to spend dozens of hours on content far below their level for mediocre rewards. You won't find many people who are willing to spend hundreds of hours on low-level content to unlock major features of the familiar system.