[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unobtainable familiars?

SeepingNullSeepingNull
Reactions: 430
I like familiars alot, but there are some familiars that I can't get (or know if they can be obtained), for example I read about King slime, and Ephenia, and information regarding Ephenia is very scarce I wanted to know if you can obtain her familiar card, but some posts say that you can't get it, since she is a boss of a theme dungeon. Sad? Yes, but I quickly gave up after filling up the soul collecter with her soul. Now the weird thing is, when I went to the auction, and typed Ephenia, I saw something very weird. Ephenia familiar card. So can anybody tell me if it is possible? If not I hope that Nexon adds her card as a drop from her (her drop rate is already as low as one can be). Thank you all for reading this.
Icewave21TurtlesRockHuskyDM

Comments

• Icewave21Icewave21
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited April 2020
    Edit: I change my mind

Still disheartening that we can't have a good way to fill up our badges
    SeepingNull
  • SeepingNullSeepingNull
    edited April 2020
    Well I found the elusive Ephenia familiar card in auction, pretty sure it came from the booster packs (red). Kinda sad that I probably won't get the things I want with effort. On another note, why did they nerf the familiar drop rate immensely? Was there a bug that players abused?
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited April 2020
    Well I found the elusive Ephenia familiar card in auction, pretty sure it came from the booster packs (red). Kinda sad that I probably won't get the things I want with effort. On another note, why did they nerf the familiar drop rate immensely? Was there a bug that players abused?
    People were farming low level epic mobs to get easy IED/Boss lines, so nexon gutted the ever loving christ out of it, but instead of just nerfing the epic cards they decided to nerf every single card, Odas still have a good droprate and everyones farming them currently.

SeepingNullHuskyDM
  • BunnyWriterBunnyWriter
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited April 2020
    Some familiars were removed alongside thier mobs (lupin for example) and some no longer appear in-game (Coco) so I see no point of these sets to be honest.

There are three badges you can obtain ONLY with boosters and I suggest not to invest so much nx just for a slim chance of getting 1%attack
    SeepingNull
  • SeepingNullSeepingNull
    edited April 2020
    Some familiars were removed alongside thier mobs (lupin for example) and some no longer appear in-game (Coco) so I see no point of these sets to be honest.

There are three badges you can obtain ONLY with boosters and I suggest not to invest so much nx just for a slim chance of getting 1%attack

I never spent a cent on this game (I literally can't), and buying booster packs for badges is pointless, until things are fixed, we should be careful about our familiars, and take a screenshot for proof, if the worst case scenario comes.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited April 2020
    They should make this more of a Gacha thing instead of whatever it is currently, that way everyone has access to boosters even if they don't invest NX, and many monster through Maple's history get the opportunity to shine again.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited April 2020
    It's a lot of coding that needs to done to even out the drop rates fairly for everyone. Basically i see it now as a lift off my shoulders since i was trying to complete the monster book. 1 last thing for to grind for.