[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.228 On Air: Glimpse of Joy Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Opinion: Game should be temporally shutted down

DiximaNDiximaN
Reactions: 1,190
Posts: 94
Member
edited April 2020 in General Chat
(why is there even a limit on title's length, ffs)

Here is my (unpopular) opinion: The game should be temporally shutted down, for at least a week or two, until every god damned issue in the game, or at least in the recent patch, will be resolved. We had enough of the half-baked patches, followed by "unscheduled" maintenances which breaks stuffs even more. During this time the staff should have an open mind to listen to the players so no one will be disappointed. And please, Bring. Tespia. Back.

Comments

  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Test server accomplished nothing last time it was around. Half the issues people found made it into live anyway.

    And you know damn well if they take the game down for a week(which btw is a stupid-ass idea to begin with) people will whine and cry and piss and moan about how long the game is down for.
    HHG1FuhreakJettLuvsU
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    Posts: 52
    Member
    edited April 2020
    DiximaN wrote: »
    (why is there even a limit on title's length, ffs)

    Here is my (unpopular) opinion: The game should be temporally shutted down, for at least a week or two, until every god damned issue in the game, or at least in the recent patch, will be resolved. We had enough of the half-baked patches, followed by "unscheduled" maintenances which breaks stuffs even more. During this time the staff should have an open mind to listen to the players so no one will be disappointed. And please, Bring. Tespia. Back.

    100% on your side, but look at Aggraphine, just like the other guy said the other day, Aggraphine is "always on nexon's side" and always against the players...

    this is absolutely ridiculous i wonder if he's getting paid.
  • HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    Posts: 65
    Member
    edited April 2020
    DiximaN wrote: »
    (why is there even a limit on title's length, ffs)

    Here is my (unpopular) opinion: The game should be temporally shutted down, for at least a week or two, until every god damned issue in the game, or at least in the recent patch, will be resolved. We had enough of the half-baked patches, followed by "unscheduled" maintenances which breaks stuffs even more. During this time the staff should have an open mind to listen to the players so no one will be disappointed. And please, Bring. Tespia. Back.

    I don't think you understand that Maple keeps their playerbase by keeping them hooked. It is like a drug. If you cut them off for a week the spell would be broken, they would lose probably 30% of the actual players.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited April 2020
    A40crJP.png

    Don't make this thread any stupider than it already is, fam
    bazzyYinYangX
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    A40crJP.png

    Don't make this thread any stupider than it already is, fam

    i gotta handed it to him the most active keyboard warrior during this quarantine.
    Tho what's more stupid?
    Going to work while wearing mask that you can't breathe in but it's mandatory.
    Going to work regularly with no mask despite the rule?

    For me it's about preference and adults with anxiety would freak out by either choice.

    edit I had no choice thx for the laugh:)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    A40crJP.png

    Don't make this thread any stupider than it already is, fam

    i gotta handed it to him the most active keyboard warrior during this quarantine.
    Tho what's more stupid?
    Going to work while wearing mask that you can't breathe in but it's mandatory.
    Going to work regularly with no mask despite the rule?

    For me it's about preference and adults with anxiety would freak out by either choice.

    edit I had no choice thx for the laugh:)

    Can I get that in English please? I don't speak whatever the hell you just said
    Naoki
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,645
    Posts: 376
    Member
    edited April 2020
    DiximaN wrote: »
    (why is there even a limit on title's length, ffs)

    Here is my (unpopular) opinion: The game should be temporally shutted down, for at least a week or two, until every god damned issue in the game, or at least in the recent patch, will be resolved. We had enough of the half-baked patches, followed by "unscheduled" maintenances which breaks stuffs even more. During this time the staff should have an open mind to listen to the players so no one will be disappointed. And please, Bring. Tespia. Back.

    It would cause more damage to do this than it would solve. First Maple is an old game, issues will appear because the code is old and every patch has the potential of breaking stuff up. In order to fully solve every single little issue, with every single character and every different combination of skills would be impossible even if you took years just fixing those issues. There is a reason why sites like Amazon or Google won't shut down their services for an extended period of time, it kills the money flow and interest of clients, and that can kill a game faster than any bug.

    If the game was 1:1 with KMS then there wouldn't be issues with patching, but we got a lot of Overseas Maple content, like the exclusive characters and areas, and those cause their own issues. Heck, the major issues this patch aren't even programming ones. New Gollux being bad is a design flaw, the Familiar system is new and needs to be tested out (and the poor drop rate and stuff like that is also design flaws). The 15th anniversary event is working, characters are still working, its other systems that are only being tested now that are the cause of the issue.

    Now don't get me wrong, I want the game to be better but shutting it down won't solve anything. It needs to have characters revamped, it needs to have its grinding reduced, and the overseas content certainly needs better integration. A lot of this stuff MIGHT be in the drawing board on in testing and we will not see it in the foreseeable future, but that's the nature of that kind of work.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Why shut down the Game? It won't do anything. And just a heads up the game is old and it has a complicated spaghetti code.
    Fuhreak
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Test server accomplished nothing last time it was around. Half the issues people found made it into live anyway.

    And you know damn well if they take the game down for a week(which btw is a stupid-ass idea to begin with) people will whine and cry and piss and moan about how long the game is down for.

    Absolutely agree. In addition to issues not getting fixed when they were reported, players also neglected to report exploitable bugs in order to take advantage of them in the live server.
    Opening up a test server is great in theory, but Nexon has to be more involved for that to work, and they haven't been even remotely ready to take it on in the past, leading to further disappointment by the players who actually invested time and energy into finding and reporting bugs. They don't even keep up with recurring GMS bugs and possible KMS issues before copy-pasting.

    It wouldn't be a good decision for Nexon to bring the game down for a week either, giving people a chance to move on to other games and possibly not come back. A week in internet time is an eternity.
    And would we have to shut the game down for a week every time there's a non-KMS patch or any patch that presents problems that can't be fixed within a work day? That's way less sustainable than what they're doing now.
    Fuhreak
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Nexon is similar to Activision in their own ways