[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Regular servers are ruining Reboot

JelaniJelani
Reactions: 475
edited April 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Suicide Kannas: Removal of Singapore and the nerfs to Malaysia mobs has completely destroyed Reboot player's main source of meso income for progression. Rather than farming to further their account, we are instead forced to farm for less than a 5th of our suicide kanna's rates and rely on dailies for our main income. Not to mention we have no way of obtaining passes for the monster world tour content and are forced to pay 300 maple points.

Gollux: I can understand making regular servers wait to exchange their old Gollux Coins for the current Gollux Coins, but what purpose does that serve for reboot? There is no market to be flooded and yet again this is another feature that slows progression.

Servers: This one may be unrelated to reg servers, but kishin was nerfed and the explanation given was to reduce the load on the servers. There was a brief time where there were 30 channels to increase server stability and it was said that Nexon could better allocate those resources elsewhere. Kishin has been nerfed, more dead servers have been merged, so why have we not been given 30 channels on any of them?

Do you guys even make enough money to justify not merging all the regular servers? Do you make more money off of Reboot or regular servers? Is there a reason why so many updates in the past 6 months have been a detriment to gameplay in Reboot but their main purpose was to benefit regular servers?
Kuronekonova
  1. Delete EMS and Regular servers (lmao jk)17 votes
    1. Yes
       35% (6 votes)
    2. No
       65% (11 votes)

Comments

• AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    I think you may want to reconsider who you're shifting blame onto. Regular servers aren't the one responsible for whatever vendetta Nexon seems to have against Reboot.

Regarding suicide kannas, it's a kind of a grey area in my opinion. One one hand, banning them definitely creates a huge gap between newer/less funded players and those who can create Arkannas. On the other, I can see how a level ~140 area giving meso rates that rival those of the level 225+ could be problematic. Not saying it was a good idea, but I can kind of see the logic behind it. Plus dying repeatedly to stay within a level range is technically exploitative of game mechanics (as ridiculous as it may be). Regular servers definitely had no part in the banning of suicide kannas though. There's no reason to make one on them. However, I do agree Maple Tour is a terrible replacement in its current state.

Gollux is actually hurtful to both regular servers and reboot. People who could kill Hell Gollux prevamp struggle with him now, reboot or not. The coin exchange limit is an arbitrary grind extender and has no real reason to exist except lengthen the time reg servers and rebooters need to take to get Gollux gear too. Anyone who had enough old Gollux coins, reg or reboot, has to wait at least 7 weeks if they want to swap all their coins for a superior item. It wasn't a change made just to spite reboot.

The nerfing of Kishin definitely has nothing to do with reg servers since that nerf hurts us too. I think Nexon got rid of the 30 channels on reboot and bera due to not needing them at the time (they could definitely use them right now though). Also 30 channels would only really benefit Bera and Reboot, as I don't think the other worlds have enough players to justify 30 channels. Plus for the merged servers, I think they're still using the servers of the old worlds, but just combined.

Money isn't the only thing to consider when merging servers btw. Server stability and crowding are also concerns. I also think its safe to assume more of Nexon's income comes from regular servers. I don't think this has anything to do with the last patches being harmful to reboot though. They haven't been very helpful to regular servers either.

I think instead of blaming regular servers, you should blame poor decisions by Nexon themselves. The changes you claimed as harmful to reboot and beneficial to reg servers are harmful to regular too, except Maple Tour. Maple Tour is just a benign addition to regular servers. You do have reason to be mad though. The latest changes to Maple haven't been the greatest.
    HHG1JacarudarikShadowParadox
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Suicide kanna was not a healthy meta, it was a glaring problem in Reboot that you had to stay below level 150 to make progress and imitate hacker behavior in doing so. So, arguably, the nerfs to every non-KMS map's droptable is Reboot's fault. Not regular servers'.
    Gollux revamp is Nexon's reply specifically to Reboot's woes of not being able to starforce the accessories out of fear that they'd boom and never be replaceable. The huge mark-up in the coin shop reflects that. So, arguably, it's Reboot's fault that Gollux is now more restrictive. Not regular servers'.

We can play the blame game all day and not get anywhere, but AaronHusky is on the right track. Everyone is affected by any change made in the game, for better or for worse. Every change lately, to every server, has been to slow progress in one way or another. Keep players online, keep them on the grind. It's to be expected of a F2P MMO.
    Nexon does not give half a crap about the market in regular servers or any temporary "flood" of items (ahem, Marvel, Philo, etc etc), that is not the reason for the coin exchange. It's to keep people online and actively using the content.

The 30 channels were never meant to be permanent, they were added as an effort to mitigate the insane lag in Bera and Reboot during the Black Mage update and in the following months Nexon made significant efforts in banning more bots, and felt confident enough to remove the extra channels. Kishin was a scapegoat. Bots were the real problem, and newsflash, bots exist in Reboot too.
    FuhreakdarikShadowParadox
  • JelaniJelani
    edited April 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Suicide kanna was not a healthy meta, it was a glaring problem in Reboot that you had to stay below level 150 to make progress and imitate hacker behavior in doing so. So, arguably, the nerfs to every non-KMS map's droptable is Reboot's fault. Not regular servers'.
    Gollux revamp is Nexon's reply specifically to Reboot's woes of not being able to starforce the accessories out of fear that they'd boom and never be replaceable. The huge mark-up in the coin shop reflects that. So, arguably, it's Reboot's fault that Gollux is now more restrictive. Not regular servers'.

We can play the blame game all day and not get anywhere, but AaronHusky is on the right track. Everyone is affected by any change made in the game, for better or for worse. Every change lately, to every server, has been to slow progress in one way or another. Keep players online, keep them on the grind. It's to be expected of a F2P MMO.
    Nexon does not give half a crap about the market in regular servers or any temporary "flood" of items (ahem, Marvel, Philo, etc etc), that is not the reason for the coin exchange. It's to keep people online and actively using the content.

The 30 channels were never meant to be permanent, they were added as an effort to mitigate the insane lag in Bera and Reboot during the Black Mage update and in the following months Nexon made significant efforts in banning more bots, and felt confident enough to remove the extra channels. Kishin was a scapegoat. Bots were the real problem, and newsflash, bots exist in Reboot too.

Reboot has no trade, which means the only effect bots had on Reboot servers were taking up space and creating a black market outside of the game. There was no way to directly negatively effect other users in the server by botting. I'm not saying bots are good, I'm just saying they did more damage to the game in reg servers.

Nexon word for word said, "We understand that Malaysia has been an important source of mesos for many players, especially those in Reboot worlds. Due to the extreme efficiency of this map for collecting mesos, some players choose not to move on to the next level of the game. The map is also frequently abused by illicit players, and it affects not only the overall game economy but also the gameplay of legitimate players negatively in the long term." which is very blatantly pointing out the affects on reg servers because there is no market in Reboot.

As for Gollux, what reason would there be for limiting the amount of coins one could exchange per week (in your opinion)? If a player has 2k Gollux coins, then they are already either end game or near end game. Superior Gollux Pendants have been removed from the drop table and added to the shop, so they have absolutely no reason to even clear Hellux or Hardlux and are just waiting for the shop to reset. My point is there is no grind and progress is just halted by simply a waiting game. How is waiting and completely ignoring Gollux making people play the Gollux content more?

As for the nerf to suicide kanna, yeah you right lmao. That one was speculation based on unrelated evidence towards my couple of other claims. I believe suicide kanna was a healthy meta though. There was no reason to even do it in reg servers and it was EVERYONE'S main source of income when starting a new account. If a player is banned and mistaken for botting, then that is a flaw in Nexon's system and has not even always been the case. The only reasons they had to nerf a core game mechanic was to deter botters from farming in instanced maps (which I think there were other solutions for) or to stop players from getting wrongfully banned and complaining to Nexon. The former seems like a positive consequence to the latter in Nexon's eyes. That is just what I inferred from the situation though.
    darik
  • HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited April 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Suicide kanna was not a healthy meta,

Kanna is not a healthy meta

Get rid of kish spawn buff
    buff spawn rates on all maps
    allow players to farm on whatever class they damn well please.
    Problem effing solved
    WONDERGUYdarikArch_AlyssaSlicedTimeKableVyrtae
  • JelaniJelani
    edited April 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    I think you may want to reconsider who you're shifting blame onto. Regular servers aren't the one responsible for whatever vendetta Nexon seems to have against Reboot.

Regarding suicide kannas, it's a kind of a grey area in my opinion. One one hand, banning them definitely creates a huge gap between newer/less funded players and those who can create Arkannas. On the other, I can see how a level ~140 area giving meso rates that rival those of the level 225+ could be problematic. Not saying it was a good idea, but I can kind of see the logic behind it. Plus dying repeatedly to stay within a level range is technically exploitative of game mechanics (as ridiculous as it may be). Regular servers definitely had no part in the banning of suicide kannas though. There's no reason to make one on them. However, I do agree Maple Tour is a terrible replacement in its current state.

Gollux is actually hurtful to both regular servers and reboot. People who could kill Hell Gollux prevamp struggle with him now, reboot or not. The coin exchange limit is an arbitrary grind extender and has no real reason to exist except lengthen the time reg servers and rebooters need to take to get Gollux gear too. Anyone who had enough old Gollux coins, reg or reboot, has to wait at least 7 weeks if they want to swap all their coins for a superior item. It wasn't a change made just to spite reboot.

The nerfing of Kishin definitely has nothing to do with reg servers since that nerf hurts us too. I think Nexon got rid of the 30 channels on reboot and bera due to not needing them at the time (they could definitely use them right now though). Also 30 channels would only really benefit Bera and Reboot, as I don't think the other worlds have enough players to justify 30 channels. Plus for the merged servers, I think they're still using the servers of the old worlds, but just combined.

Money isn't the only thing to consider when merging servers btw. Server stability and crowding are also concerns. I also think its safe to assume more of Nexon's income comes from regular servers. I don't think this has anything to do with the last patches being harmful to reboot though. They haven't been very helpful to regular servers either.

I think instead of blaming regular servers, you should blame poor decisions by Nexon themselves. The changes you claimed as harmful to reboot and beneficial to reg servers are harmful to regular too, except Maple Tour. Maple Tour is just a benign addition to regular servers. You do have reason to be mad though. The latest changes to Maple haven't been the greatest.

I stated that the kishin nerfs were unrelated to regular servers. I was just giving feedback on the situation that Nexon handled poorly. The 10 extra channels were removed from the most populated servers right before the most active time of the year for Maplestory because Nexon stated they could better allocate the resources. Kishin was nerfed to improve server stability and lessen the load put on the servers. Nexon also merged very many of the regular servers, so my problem is better summed up as a question. What reason did they have to make all 3 of the changes with mediocre to no compensation? I agree with merging all the reg servers making things unstable. I'm just wondering where they better "allocated" those resources if it wasn't to upgrade servers and increase channels.

I'm not saying the Gollux update itself was hurtful to Reboot, I was saying the weekly limit on exchanging coins was. My main reasoning for this was: 2k Gollux coins on Reboot would only be used to further your already strong character, whereas 2k Gollux coins on reg servers could be used to buy 3 Superior items and just sell on the market which would make the items worth far less than they are. I'm open to other explanations for this though. I actually thought the Gollux update was somewhat healthy for the game until I realized they removed Superior Pendant drops from the game.

And yes, I mispoke and misplaced my anger by blaming regular servers. I really only blame Nexon and the lack of effort that I have seen from them in more ways than one (which is totally an opinion, but who would disagree?).
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2020
    The Gollux Revamp was meant to address the bad RNG that some Rebooters faced when doing daily Hellux where they can kill a month of Hellux and get junk and to make replacing destroyed items outside the drop table possible via a restocking shop.

Before the change, Gollux shop never restocked its equips in any world. In a non trading environment, booming an Earring or Ring was the end as the NPC only sold it once and you cannot you trade players for one or transfer one. In regular servers, you would need to buy it from the auction house for a high price or farm one yourself and permanently stunt your mule's progression. The update made it possible to replace any piece from destruction which is better than booming your ring forever and crying in Reboot or sourcing the ring from another character who doesn't mind being Gollux-less.

The thing that makes no sense to me is why the restock is weekly and the price for equipment is so high and reward from old Gollux is still there. Buying a Superior Item not in Gollux's drop table or because your RNG sucks would take 2 months of Hell Gollux. The tease is that the restock is once a week nothing and meaningful can be bought with a week's savings. Even the old Gollux allowed you to buy the Superior Items in a week or so.

Suggestions:
    -Add Rings and Pendant to the drop table so Gollux can drop everything and the shop is just more backup
    -Bring back old coin shop prices on items while maintaining the restocking
    -Make coins/drops instanced

link37890Jelanidarik
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited April 2020

Kanna is not a healthy meta

Get rid of kish spawn buff
    buff spawn rates on all maps
    allow players to farm on whatever class they damn well please.
    Problem effing solved

yes 100% small correction not kanna (class its nice) but kanna kish meta*

but they made frenzy to sell and make $$ then nerfed version "fury" to be somewhat balance along side kanna kish
    and they are stuck with problems now
    they cant remove them and if nexon just add good base spawn for all frenzy will be more broken and the need of better kish/fury will come back

also a bit on topic
    reboot and non-reboot (paid worlds as most call it now lol )
    are a bit different worlds and nexon dev team its just underpowered to recognize that and just copy-paste same things to both worlds with small adjustments and no care

oh and nexon allready deleted EMS & nexonEU to a certain extent ;)
  • JelaniJelani
    edited May 2020
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    The Gollux Revamp was meant to address the bad RNG that some Rebooters faced when doing daily Hellux where they can kill a month of Hellux and get junk and to make replacing destroyed items outside the drop table possible via a restocking shop.

Before the change, Gollux shop never restocked its equips in any world. In a non trading environment, booming an Earring or Ring was the end as the NPC only sold it once and you cannot you trade players for one or transfer one. In regular servers, you would need to buy it from the auction house for a high price or farm one yourself and permanently stunt your mule's progression. The update made it possible to replace any piece from destruction which is better than booming your ring forever and crying in Reboot or sourcing the ring from another character who doesn't mind being Gollux-less.

The thing that makes no sense to me is why the restock is weekly and the price for equipment is so high and reward from old Gollux is still there. Buying a Superior Item not in Gollux's drop table or because your RNG sucks would take 2 months of Hell Gollux. The tease is that the restock is once a week nothing and meaningful can be bought with a week's savings. Even the old Gollux allowed you to buy the Superior Items in a week or so.

Suggestions:
    -Add Rings and Pendant to the drop table so Gollux can drop everything and the shop is just more backup
    -Bring back old coin shop prices on items while maintaining the restocking
    -Make coins/drops instanced

I agree with so much of this. Gollux is harder? Yeah, that's fine. Superior Gollux items were already our end game option for gear and all of my mules would get that before even getting Fafnir. The changes to Gollux made sense up until they removed Superior pendants from dropping and made the coins take a week to restock. Anyone that had enough coins for their items, in my opinion, were already progressed past this part of the game and shouldn't be punished because of this. It's either wait a month or 2 months after already waiting for months.
  • KableKable
    Reactions: 410
    edited May 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »

On the other, I can see how a level ~140 area giving meso rates that rival those of the level 225+ could be problematic. Not saying it was a good idea, but I can kind of see the logic behind it.

Ok i'm just gonna leave this here.

Nexon should not make mobs at lvl 225+ give the same amount of mesoes as a 140 mob. IN FACT, once you hit arcane river(or maybe even before) the mobs should have higher meso drop rates(for the adversely harder mobs duh). I mainly play reboot, so its a reality when i say that most alts/characters make a decent(makes ends meet, barely, especially if you're new to reboot) amount of mesoes to level from 1-200 solely to progress THAT specific alt. So there is hardly any leftover for your main or savings.

Tell me why would they think its a good idea to keep the amount of mesoes the exact same as almost 100 levels ago????? I already know they're trying to slow the powercreep as much as possible for the more casual playerbase(people who don't main maplestory as their main source of video game entertainment).

I've already seen this recurring pattern all too often in reboot :
    -reboot servers are stable and low in pop or moderate
    -they release an event
    -servers get maxed out(all 20 channels 24/7)
    -can't find an empty channel to grind alts/main(might d/c from ddos or encounter bots or just random d/c)
    -they nerf something or make progression even harder(reg mobs have 5x more health and 2.4x in arcane river which is rough for already broke Rebooters)
    -ppl start to get burned out
    -event ends and servers drop in pop. back to "normal"
    -ppl who stopped playing during the event think to themselves, should i play again minus the event?(thinks about the slap in the face progression feels like with the kishin nerfs and already borderline gambling cubing)
    -decides not to play until the next big event(anniversary, summer, christmas)
    -repeat

Why, Nexon, why do you make it hard for people to enjoy their limited FREE TIME on your game? I know they got reg server late gamers in a gambling deadlock but my god show some love to reboot, add something that is practical in the cash shop for reboot and you might see some sales. Idk give it a shot before burning the majority of your current players out and shutting out new players.
    ShadowParadox
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    All of these problems are related to non-KMS content. Reboot or Regular by themselves have no faults because the issues are coming from content not directly related to KMS, the base game. The real solution here is to have actual balancing going on.

Remove Kishin spawn rate. This should also have an effect on the number of bot Kannas and the black markets (this last one at least a little).
    Revise drop rates of non-KMS areas. When they were introduced it didn't matter but now with Reboot balancing depending on Meso it does.
    Reduce the amount of coins needed to get items from Gollux. 1 month of grind per accessory is ludicrous even for Maple Story.

I don't agree that increasing the overall spawn rate is actually healthy in the long run. Kishin and Fury Totem created a dependency on people to have an increase spawn rate to progress which isn't required and has hurt the game way too much and for way too long.
    bazzyFuhreak