[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Gollux still sucks, but I'm done whining

Comments

• MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited April 2020
    Nexon....get game designers that actually understand MMO progression. If you can't tell us so we can stop investing time and money.

Taking a break to see how nexon handles this. If they don't fix this, I think they're going to lose a lot of their potential player base.
  • MicaliciousMicalicious
    edited April 2020
    Everytime nexon gives us hope (restocking gollux!!!) they somehow find a way to thoroughly screw up.

Familiar revamp is another thing i was looking forward to....another failure.
    Dnaman101HuskyDM
  • CrimsonydeCrimsonyde
    Reactions: 700
    edited April 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    This gollux patch
    - Made hellux super duper hard (this alone would've been fine)
    - More than doubled the coin price of sup gollux items
    - Increased the coin price of gollux scrolls
    - Made carries pretty much impossible
    - Kept the coin reward exactly the same

Yet there are still people who think this is fine. CoD community is better than this. smh

You forgot that drops aren't instanced.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited April 2020
    Crimsonyde wrote: »
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    This gollux patch
    - Made hellux super duper hard (this alone would've been fine)
    - More than doubled the coin price of sup gollux items
    - Increased the coin price of gollux scrolls
    - Made carries pretty much impossible
    - Kept the coin reward exactly the same

Yet there are still people who think this is fine. CoD community is better than this. smh

You forgot that drops aren't instanced.

It was never instanced. Carries pre patch were able to make up for non instanced loot, but now...smh
  • OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited April 2020
    Quilava wrote: »
    This patch is trash in general.
    -Gollux buffed to the point where you have to have 30k+ stats to even stand a chance against it and the hit boxes are broken.
    -Familiar drop rates nerfed to hell.
    -Certain monsters in the familiar badge collection are unobtainable or had extremely low drop rates even before the so called "fix"
    -Broken potential lines.
    -Familiars not being saved properly

This right here is how you kill your game, by making progress impossible for newcomers. I feel sorry for the new players that are joining due to the closure of MS2 and the quarantine.

The gollux revamp would easily be fixed if they would make it into a party type situation or make it so the drops or at least the coins were instanced based. The idea of solo-ing bosses just never sat right.

With the right reward, there shouldn't be a problem of dead PQs...people just don't do them anymore because there are more incentives to solo play, let's change that with gollux PQ.
    NonsenceYuiko20HuskyDM
  • link37890link37890
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited April 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Take a moment to consider that we got additional power creep with this patch; familiars with potential. Fairly easy to get, and very powerful bonuses......

That familiar system sure is looking good to make up for the gollux changes. Oh wait
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited April 2020
    Well gollux items are still endgame (only pitched boss set is better) so it should require some effort. Before they were just a little bit too easy to obtain, same as CRA.
    Atleast the store is now restocking which is good thing, maby half of the coins would be nice. The hp upgrade wasn't really that bad since it was about 10x. You don't need gollux eqps to clear it, just decent absos+boss set+sweetwaters+cra should be enough.
  • ManBaxzManBaxz
    Reactions: 500
    edited April 2020
    Can we exchange extra gollux equipments we get to 1/10 of its value in the shop, because getting 1 superior item in a month is way too slow and that's only available for player that can actually beat hellux. At least give new player a way to get lv3 and lv4 gollux coin from their extra item they get from Lv1 and 2 gollux.

Put in a system where you can trade clean, untouched gollux item for 1/10th of its value as gollux coin
  • BLST7BLST7
    Reactions: 220
    This is a trainwreck. This killed Gollux for the mayority of the players. Then they are also killing the familiar update. I tell you, wasnt it for corona I would have unistalled this thing yesterday. I guess that is what they want, kill off the game, they had a taste with MS2 now they coming for the OG. Way to go, Nexon America.
    Dnaman101HuskyDM
  • BunnyWriterBunnyWriter
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited April 2020
    Gollux used to be hard and fun -> just fun -> pain in my neck
    The HP gauge is upside-down and the AOE it casts is wayyy too over powered
    Rewards are now a joke buy whomever still owns superior items may now cash in BIG TIME.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited April 2020
    While I can understand the intention behind many of the changes to Gollux the execution and the communication of those intentions have left much to be desired. The Superior Gollux set is extremely powerful and is basically on par with the Black Boss set. Thus, it stands to reason that the boss should similarly powerful. However, the combination of vastly increased HP, an odd loot table, no Advanced Coins dropping on easy or normal difficulty, and the old number of coins dropping on hard or hell has led to an expected outburst by the player base.

I speculate that part of the idea is to give more value to some of the other bosses in the game that offer rings, earrings, belts, and pendants. New and midgame players will now look to use items such as the belt from Pink Bean or Czak, the Mechanator or Dominator Pendants from Arkarium, or the Sengoku set. None of these items are bad, most just weren’t worth the effort of getting, starring, and flaming when compared to the ease and power of the Superior Gollux set. While many players are understandably upset that the Superior set is now mostly out of easy reach, it isn’t like there aren’t other avenues for progression.

The familiar system should more than make up for the lost set effects, assuming that Nexon doesn’t nerf it into the Earth’s core in the coming days. Should that come, feel free to riot.
  • GrassballGrassball
    Reactions: 200
    As a newer player getting decent gear I was able to fi
  • NonsenceNonsence
    Reactions: 620
    edited April 2020
    It is okay to increase the difficulty, but the standard and reward should follow to fit its difficulty. The revamped Gollux, even hard mode is somewhere between CRA and hard Magnus, and Both CRA and hard Magnus are weekly and instance or partly-instance loot. Revamped Gollux is one of the hard bosses now, it should have something that every hard boss has. At least, the coin drops should be instance to encourage people fight in party. It is really exhausted to fight the current gollux along everyday and up to weeks and month to get accessories.
    ProphetieYuiko20
  • CurCurRotCurCurRot
    Reactions: 630
    edited April 2020
    As if the game wasnt grindy and Bosses werent hard enough they decided to make it even worse so we all can quit this game. Nexon: "Killing this game is my job" -since 2011-
    Dnaman101
  • MicaliciousMicalicious
    edited May 2020
    Nexon's memo shows they don't understand their own game at all. I'm so done.
  • YacyYacy
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited May 2020
    I like the new Gollux Systeme.

My Gollux pendants are both at 19*.
    My Gollux belt is at 20*.
    My Reinforced ring is at 19* because I tempted my luck lol.

BUT as for my Superior ring, it's sitting at 17* because I was too afraid to blow it.

Now, with the new Gollux system, I can finally bring my rings to 20*+.

I don't care it takes time to get the object. At least IT'S POSSIBLE TO GET THEM NOW (all of them).

The new Gollux System reduces a little bit of the gape between End game Reboot and End game regular servers. The new Gollux System allows us to grow stronger.

Also, now Gollux heart is affected by drop gears! :D

Really guys, we ask so much to get another chance to get rings in Reboot. Nexon has heard us. Be thankful.
  • LostxLostx
    Reactions: 1,265
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    What you are saying is that you, and your gear is already Passed Mid-game. So it doesn't affect you as much is as it helps you. Your argument coincides only with a complacency with having already done it and what was previously unobtainable without massive risk is now obtainable.

All the whining isn't about your progression, it's the new player's progression. With the Change to Gollux, half of it is god awful for new player progression from what it previously was.

While the update helped people that already had things, it destroyed new player's ability to gain them too. That's where the problem is.
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited May 2020
    I like the new Gollux Systeme.
    My Gollux pendants are both at 19*.
    My Gollux belt is at 20*.
    My Reinforced ring is at 19*

Of course an already decked out player will enjoy an update that ciments his position at the top of the food chain and makes it almost impossible for new players to catch up.
    Try making a new character and collecting 2800 coins from Hardlux and you'll have a better understanding of the situation.
    That's like doing a Chaos Root Abyss boss every single day for half a year not accounting for entry bug, failed attempts and days off.
    Those also drop end game equipement from a single clear and are weekly bosses.
    That also means upgrading solid or Reinforced set is now a part of progression (that pre-patch characters could skip entirely)
    Why would Reboot players switch mains now? Why would new players even bother?
  • AlexKarevAlexKarev
    Reactions: 735
    edited May 2020
    If Nexon wants to revert changes let them handle it. Who's Harder Lotus hard or this embarrassing Gollux rework?
  • I0nyI0ny
    Reactions: 330
    As a returning player who used to get some NX and had some funding behind, but nowhere close to the levels needed to do the newer bosses (Lotus -> or CRA), Gollux was one of the best ways to improve my damage, even though it took a fair 2 months to even finish with my reinforced set first (didn't have the damage to go for superiors, and after I got the damage, never had one to drop in the 2,5 months I was able to run Hellux). Now, there's absolutely no way I can even deal with Hard Gollux as solo, meaning there's no chance to get even reinforced drops from it. So like someone said earlier, it will take at least half a year of daily golluxes to get all the superior gear, while I should also be working and have a social life outside the game when it also has other required daily stuff in order to progress?

I think I'm just going to quit it for good, everything is so extremely pay2win or if you wanna reboot with a clean start since everything is in the regular servers, the time gating to get to do the newer bosses is just beyond ridiculous, and there's no way someone working full time can do it. Sorry to say, but this update probably made a lot of those considering to get back to the game turn away, and I don't think you can really afford it...

Oh yeah, and fix those hitboxes, they are just stupid right now.