[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thank you for breaking the silence a bit for us!

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited May 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Updated May 1st* Anna addressed the community with either all her info. or at least what she was allowed to tell us in her maple memo. I know some players are not satisfied with her response but in my opinion I am just happy they are giving us some updates here. Keep your player base in the loop weekly at the latest even if it is just updating to say they are working on it and we hope to have it up and running smoothly soon, or no changes still working hard for a solution anything to break the painful silence.

What is kept in the dark and gets fed only manure? Mushrooms...no just kidding, it's actually the player base right now. How about a more in detail announcement about what is going on behind the scenes right now with familiars? Maybe shed some light to your player base about what is going on or being discussed internally about the challenges you all are facing and hard decisions that are being made please? Certainly player feed back might be a good thing to have before making more changes... You know, see if it will sit right with your player base before you up and change something haphazardly?
TurtlesRockJettLuvsUCoahtemocJacarubazzyFuhreak

Comments

• TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited April 2020
    How about a more in detail announcement about what is going on behind the scenes right now with familiars?

So true. Nexon never gives us any quality information about anything they want to do or planning on doing.
    darik
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    edited May 2020
    Bump for relevance, still awaiting Community Manager who I can not believe has been soo quiet for soo long given the circumstances. Must be hard though, got big brother from over seas telling you to stay tight lipped with an upset player base kept in the dark, CM is going to have a lot of damage control to the community to PATCH up, from this silence.
    darik
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    I don't think Ghiblee is the one we should be pointing pitchforks at. The person we should be waiting for a response from is Anna, the current director of GMS. She's (Anna) the one who makes the memos that give more info about what's going on in the game.
    darik
  • ExcessH20ExcessH20
    Reactions: 470
    edited May 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    I don't think Ghiblee is the one we should be pointing pitchforks at. The person we should be waiting for a response from is Anna, the current director of GMS. She's (Anna) the one who makes the memos that give more info about what's going on in the game.

Blaming the CM is nothing new. I'm sure people remember how much unnecessary hatred was directed at Hime.
    darik
  • LostxLostx
    Reactions: 1,265
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Well if you guys didn't read the memo before posting - Which would be from AaronHusky's time of posting onward
    When we looked at the game data after the v.213 update, we found that the number of Familiar cards being dropped was higher than what we had estimated when we worked on the balance for the overall Familiar system. Also, some cards had a drop rate that didn’t match their rank, and so we decided to adjust the drop rate with our unscheduled maintenance before it severely affected the game balance.

It's hilariously out of touch it means for both the drop rate and the excuse given.
    #1 - High level mobs don't drop ANY cards. But supposedly the system is BALANCED???! around that.... no it's not...

#2 - Any familiar card higher than level 30 had far too low drop rate to even consider using, especially having to grind up from Common rank

#3 - yes red familiars below level 30 were dropping far to often... because it was never balanced around the Rank system, it was balanced around a CAP of 3 familiars, so the whole drop rate system needs to be fixed for it. It's 2 completely different systems that aren't balanced the same, so keeping the old system was a joke of an idea, Saying you weren't going to change it had massive RED FLAGS

#4 - Saying the current drop rate is balanced is another MASSIVE RED FLAG a common card is taking over 1 1/2 hours to grind for, on a low level mob that gives you - no meso, no equips, no familair points. And then saying oh but you need to Rank it up to Unique? Which means you need over 400 of them at common tier?! CERTAINLY NO RED FLAGS HERE

#5 - The familiar booster packs were balanced around a drop rate that was similar to what you get from level 20 mobs before hand, a crazy amount of familiars if you were grinding them for an hr, To say it's still balanced with the current drop rate of familiars....

#6 - The badge system, which replaced the Codex Card system (not familiar system) Requires a high drop rate system. So to say this is appropriately balanced.... With 1 1/2 hr grind for just LOW LEVEL mobs, and it gets exponentially worse with level - It's still based on level and Rank..... - sigh

What should have been said instead was - We noticed a bug with Revealing potential on certain familiars so we had to limit the drop rate to reduce the impact it will have once we are able to address the issue.

TL:DR - The point system was balanced around the level 20-30 familiar card rate drops, but nothing else was balanced and the current Balance is just gutting the content aside from people buying Legendary packs and Red card familiars... Where a LARGE portion of your player base is Reboot that doesn't get any of these....
    link37890ArgentVyrtaeQuilavaProphetiepat159bazzyStargeth
  • WildFreekWildFreek
    Reactions: 1,445
    edited May 2020
    While I would love to blame anna or let her know how I feel about the familiar system, we can't contact Anna or message her.
    Because nexon decided having only 1 CM handle every single feedback points from the community on the forums & discord even if we're angry ghiblee is the recipient of that rage not because it's meant for her but because that's the only nexon representative that we can actually message.
  • MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited May 2020
    Nexon's memo shows they don't understand their own game at all. I'm so done.
    WildFreekVyrtaepat159darikStargeth
    edited May 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »

Thanks for the clarification, yes most of the ire should go to Anna but still for the CM to not say a peep for almost 2 full weeks is kinda upsetting to me, could of posted calming stuff on discord about the whole situation or something. She and Anna could of been our light in that shroud they got going behind the scenes any who, finally some communication has arrived thank goodness. I'm about to read it now lucky to get it as friday is Nexon's last day before the weekend.
    edited May 2020
    Lostx wrote: »
    What should have been said instead was - We noticed a bug with Revealing potential on certain familiars so we had to limit the drop rate to reduce the impact it will have once we are able to address the issue.

LOL the epic potential and getting 30-40%boss and pdr lines on epic level potential is actually not a bug and was intended design, getting double prime 2Xepic lines however... may not have been intended. Someone did an experiment with GMS red familiar cards and as you tier up the good lines become more common and of course go up in higher values 50% boss 50% pdr cap lines at legendary.
  • SaixSaix
    Reactions: 640
    edited May 2020
    Oh, another useless memo that does not address the problem, but just tell us to deal with it.

How many times do we have to tell you, NEXON, WE DO NOT LIKE THE CHANGES, FIX THE GAME ALREADY.

Classic Nexon, and now a CM is going to deal with it.
    bazzy
  • VyrtaeVyrtae
    Reactions: 875
    edited May 2020
    I really fail to comprehend Nexon's decision to keep everything the way it is, while all they received over the past few days is negative feedback. From my understanding this is not how you keep a healthy, happy playerbase. I understand balancing is a thing, but the question that rises is to what extent do you "balance" things?

Currently there's so many things wrong with both the familiar system and Gollux, I don't even know where to begin. Do they really expect us to farm 1200 green snails to get 1 familiar card, while also maintaining ludicrous prices in the familiar shop? It'd take forever to complete a single badge without paying for boosterpacks in the cash shop. All they had to do is nerf the jr boogie droprate, and things would've been fine. Badges would still be hard to get, since area bosses had an extremely low card droprate. If you are in reboot it'll take weeks if not months to complete a single badge set at this point. They may as well just have left the system as it was.

As for Gollux this is only detrimental for newer players, which is honestly a strange move. There's a huge influx of newer players due to all the coronavirus stuff going on. The newer player will have to perform additional steps to eventually get to their items while older players had none of that. It'll only make the grind to the accessories longer which will put people off. On top of that if you are finally strong enough to beat Gollux it'll still take forever to get a single accessory. This is just an additional slap in the face, and does nothing good to the game's balance. Look at it this way. An old player is given two pieces of a cookie to make a whole, while the new player has to get 20 pieces of the cookie to make a whole. On top of that the new player also has to complete a smaller cookie to get the bigger one. If you are truly going to keep it like this then at least add a practice mode to Gollux. You took away our 3 entries, made the boss 10x tankier and increased the hitboxes. How are new players supposed to learn how to deal with the mechanics with only 5 deaths a day?

Now for anyone claiming that Gollux should be hard cause it has BiS gear. Gollux does indeed have extremely good gear tied to it, but having kept Gollux the same for years and suddenly changing it to "balance things" is not the way forward. If you really wanted to balance things out then Gollux should have been this hard from the start. To try and balance something that has been in the game for years only hurts the newer players and ultimately does nothing for the overall balance of the game. The same goes for the familiar cards. The people that farmed boogies already broke your intended ingame balance, cause you released the content too quickly without taking a proper look at it. Now in the end you did adjust that, but what do we ultimately get? An angry mob of people who did not farm boogies, and will now have to farm for months or maybe even years to get to the same level as the people who just farmed boogies for 1 hour.

Prophetiepat159
  • QuilavaQuilava
    Reactions: 870
    edited May 2020
    What even is the point of the familiar shop and fusing system with the current drop rate for familiar cards? It already takes hundreds of EPIC familiars to be extracted to have enough points to purchase 1 familiar pack that doesn't even give unique familiars. Fusing is also out of the question with the current abysmal drop rate since it would take hundreds of commons to have a slim chance of ranking up to unique. Getting 10 badges is nearly impossible without dropping thousands of dollars on rng familiar packs because of the drop rate also being applied to bosses. The price tag to get the full usage out of the system is so ludicrous that I do not even see whales willing to drop the money for it.
    pat159
  • LostxLostx
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    The bug was that on Reveal the 2 lines could be anything. But on Rank up/Reroll it went through the Natural - New Tier + Old tier, aka Epic going to Unique -> Unique line + Epic line.

Which is where you say the "2 prime lines" is from. So there's a bug with the Potential lines.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    Yes, thank you Anna. Thank you for writing four paragraphs to say effectively nothing.

If there's one thing nexon objectively excels at, it's putting significant work into typing up large posts that ultimately say nothing that players didn't already know.
  • LostxLostx
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    As for the Gollux Changes, I'm not against making Gollux Harder, I'm against the lack of compensation for making it harder.
    -Same coin amount leading to 3 1/2 weeks to get an item
    yet comparing it to Damien/Lotus (The equivalent HP Bosses)
    - 1~2 weeks to get an item.
    Although I feel like old Hellux should be the new Hardlux for HP amount (It's ~2x that right now) it's still the old Hardlux coin rate...
    So at the very least... Just double the coin amount we receive (And maybe fix the portal bug).
    pat159
    edited May 2020
    Lostx wrote: »
    The bug was that on Reveal the 2 lines could be anything. But on Rank up/Reroll it went through the Natural - New Tier + Old tier, aka Epic going to Unique -> Unique line + Epic line.

Which is where you say the "2 prime lines" is from. So there's a bug with the Potential lines.

wrong the rolls could not be anything or people would have rolled 50% boss or pdr line boogies which never happened, the epic tier gets access to the 30-40% boss and pdr at epic line top line working as intended.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Where are you getting 2 weeks of silence from? The familiar system was locked down on the 25th, and prior to that they kept us updated on the issues surrounding it.
    edited May 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Where are you getting 2 weeks of silence from? The familiar system was locked down on the 25th, and prior to that they kept us updated on the issues surrounding it.

from near the end of last week and this week going on 2 weeks, sorry for the confusion. Hard to think straight when you are upset and panicked.