[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

An Open Letter to Global Maplestory Management

Comments

• mitchellhmitchellh
    Reactions: 320
    edited May 2020
    I don't care about the gollux revamp, I can live with that.... BUT this familiar revamp made me lose a little more hope in nexon. Why implement stuff that isn't tested properly? I don't recall registering for a test server! Not only did the update bring an unfinished product, it also made farming completely sh**. Every once in a while my character gets randomly kicked for "illegal program or malicious code" even though I am just leveling/farming/afk. All the crashing makes me lose my 2x exp, 2x drop and legion buffs (which are, for me, hard to get due to low legion level). It makes me extremely frustrated, since my entire server is based on solo progression by meso farming.
    TurtlesRockdarik
  • xninakixninaki
    Reactions: 510
    The Familiar revamp looked great on paper but the FTL out the gate was pretty depressing. Collecting the familiars was one of my favorite additions to the game, and the new system looked amazing (even if it did flood every Jr. Boogie map on Reboot with Kanna Bots). I also wish they would upgrade the Reboot servers cause the lag is getting ridiculous.
    darik
  • KirizameKirizame
    Reactions: 120
    well said. I also agree with OP comment. Nexon need to evaluate their course of action and start to listen to what the community have to say if they want to keep this player base growing. Remember, a game only succeed if there is a community.
    TurtlesRockdarik
  • SenseiNickSenseiNick
    Reactions: 230
    Not to mention the inclusion of familiars in badges that aren't even obtainable (such as Florina beach) unless you intend dumping hundreds of dollars on the RNG packs that tie you a measly 3 familiars at a time. Not only did they completely botch the Familiar system as a whole but they hindered our party play experience in Gollux as well. You used to be able to effectively run Gollux as. party if you couldn't manage to solo it, but now the coins aren't even shared amongst the party. I used to be able to solo hellux and with the recent changes I can't even manage to do hard by myself rendering my bossing experience
    TurtlesRockdarikHeeroOfLight
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited May 2020
    another open letter to nexon that will be mostly left on seen like all other
    or just get sinked down with spam like DMT/philo/marvel post updates that will include "new " familiars things and what not
    like "we heard you guys that line resets and ranking on familiars its low so we made red familiars to work with DMT and then post red familiars sale packs...."
    We closely monitor the game data on our server after we implement a new system or adjust the game balance to see if there’s anything that starts to become a concern. I believe that this is something we should do to maintain the game balance and keep it healthy.
    When we looked at the game data after the v.213 update, we found that the number of Familiar cards being dropped was higher than what we had estimated when we worked on the balance for the overall Familiar system. Also, some cards had a drop rate that didn’t match their rank, and so we decided to adjust the drop rate with our unscheduled maintenance before it severely affected the game balance.
    it was not healthy for the game balance to have such drop rate but its healthy to spend nx to get familiars that are also more powerfull then all other
    there is allready videos of players doing crazy amount of red familiar "cubeing"
    is it only "balanced" when its with cash?
    why make new familiar system if its not balanced/tested enough directly on live servers?

but yea i said i wont complain anymore i had it enough till mapletour thing and i let that to be last , just to see how far nexon can go with that
  • sdfdfsdfsdasdfdfsdfsda
    Reactions: 315
    edited May 2020
    I don't know if this is relevant, but I used up a bunch of Legendary and Unique familiars in preparation for the revamp since Nexon sent out e-mails tell us to use up all our familiars. Now that I have used these rare familiars, they all have terrible potential and are now wasted. Nexon should at least give us a Red Familiar Card for each Epic+ familiars in our codex.
    WONDERGUY
  • HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited May 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    is it only "balanced" when its with cash?

Nexon:
    giphy.gif

link37890WONDERGUYSlicedTime
  • BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
    Reactions: 1,615
    edited May 2020
    This post is excellent and I agree with it in its entirety. Double thanks for writing it in Korean. Guaranteed Nexon will ignore it though. 0% chance they'll respond.
    HeeroOfLight
  • RyuseiAznRyuseiAzn
    Reactions: 700
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    BobbyWeave wrote: »
    This post is excellent and I agree with it in its entirety. Double thanks for writing it in Korean. Guaranteed Nexon will ignore it though. 0% chance they'll respond.

Hopefully this one will be different
  • KanukovKanukov
    Reactions: 415
    edited May 2020
    I totally support this..... what do you want nexon?, a lot of level 200 plus players invading low level maps in the sake of "balanced" farm? , or are you just trying to earn money in a desperate and despicable manner? , please just listen to the community that play your game everyday, people who have spent hours and hours having fun in maple, because there is no game without a playerbase. Rethink what you have done, a fusing system DEPENDS on high drop , with the actual rate you are condemning every F2P player to years of farming in order to obtain something decent , and thats not, by any meaning, something balanced.
    darik
  • Kanna4MobsKanna4Mobs
    Reactions: 445
    edited May 2020
    It's hard to imagine how nexon could fix this colossal mistake. It's completely unfair that some players have farmed tens of thousands of jr boogies and they will have a huge advantage in an important new aspect of the game just because they were lucky enough to have time to farm those few days
    darik
  • AnEpicSquirrelAnEpicSquirrel
    Reactions: 590
    Just wanted to add my returning-player view on Gollux in relation to the influx-of-new/returning-players statement, it is feels very backwards in the new design. New characters/players on Reboot are not going to get Gollux gear for months.

Getting Gollux coins to buy items takes time, which makes sense and is beneficial to avoid waiting on RNG-drops, but with the new prices and huge difficulty spike, the only players able to get coins at a feasible rate (as compared to the rate before the adjustments) are ones who are already equipped with Superior Gollux gear. New characters/players will not be able to get these at the old rate without a decked-out carry, and on Reboot you cannot simply use your 200+ character to farm gear for your new ones.

It just doesn't make sense in its current state and feels like it is not worth doing until something changes/is reverted. The old design was fine and new one is a terrible Catch-22 (to get stronger due to the good Gollux gear you must first be stronger due to the good Gollux gear). It's a bad change and needs to be redone and reverted in the meantime.
    link37890darikHuskyDM
  • HeeroOfLightHeeroOfLight
    Reactions: 600
    I almost never sign in to interact with forum posts. This post right here is a serious issue in regards to game design and user satisfaction. These past few weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions for many new players i've met. Red cards not being available in reboot feels so damn backwards for the design of familiars. I thought the idea was to have your own individual monster you personally liked and get the stats you want. Instead we have only 3 to 4 viable choices of familiar leading to it just being a number rather than something customizable.
    darik
  • ToBeYourHeroToBeYourHero
    Reactions: 210
    To be honest, the attitude that they show to the player after the bug happened wasn't good at all. Data rollback is the worst thing that I have seen, so what's gonna happen to the people who already spend the money?? I sincerely hope they can fix it soon.
    darik
  • TehSavi0rTehSavi0r
    Reactions: 110
    Imagine a world where Nexon listens to the community.
    xninaki
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    I agree with most of the points in OP's letter; however, I disagree with the idea of Red familiar cards being purchasable for mesos in Reboot.
  • 1DMG1DMG
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited May 2020
    Well written open letter

Sorrow wrote: »
    I agree with most of the points in OP's letter; however, I disagree with the idea of Red familiar cards being purchasable for mesos in Reboot.

Just asking, why? Some familiars will be very limited in quantity, perhaps single copies due to coming from only time-gated bosses, let alone an actually functional drop rate.
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited May 2020
    Not to mention the fact that you could farm thousands of familiars to finally fuse to unique only to have the potentials turn out to be terrible and you have to start all over. We're talking tens of thousands of familiars just to get 1 finished potential here, and you would have to farm up to 3 good ones for end-game. With the rates before it could take many months or even years (ignoring the Jr. Boogie/Serpent oversight), and with the rates now it would be virtually impossible.

I think maybe a middle ground could be reached where Reboot gets a new item that can reset the potential (for a meso cost) but cannot exceed Unique tier of familiars, so Reboot would still be locked at Unique but at least we do not have to farm ~100,000 familiars to get what we need.
    link37890
  • TakeichiTakeichi
    Reactions: 730
    edited May 2020
    I agree that there seems to have been very little forethought put into the implementation of this familiar system. My only hope is that they do take this time to plan and make the necessary adjustments to the familiar system. I understand that in this point in time that they may be reluctant to give any more details to not stir the pot even more, but when it comes time to I hope they can be transparent with their position and reasoning.

I'm not going to get my hopes up but I could at least wish for being able to get the 30% IED I had before. Maybe just give everyone who had the Leafre codex set completed before the patch a familiar that has a set 30% IED potential that cannot be changed. I can choose to use it if I don't want to or have not yet found a new familiar with a potential I want.

I was not part of the bunch that was fighting for Jr. Boogies, it just seemed so chaotic with what was going on and I barely used the system itself. I am fine if the drop rate of epic tier familiars are nerfed, but there needs to be a viable way of using the system even if we go through fusion of more common familiars. If the meso route for red familiar cards in reboot is really not the way Nexon wants to run things then put it into the reward points or in the event shops that we buy with event coins. I am not saying I prefer these options, but depending on Nexon's reasoning this can be a suitable middle ground rather than a blatant exclusion.

It is fine if we need to go into lower level maps to find familiar cards to fill our badges as the intent is similar to monster collection, but on a day to day basis I'd really prefer to have familiar cards drop even when I'm grinding or farming particularly in the Arcane River areas. This is the only way to really uphold the intent that players remain in their level zones rather than creating an offshoot system.
  • RobotDemonRobotDemon
    so important. playing without regen mana familiar is just way less fun...