[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

No damage 150 Dual Blade, how to progress

erichsangerichsang
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
So im currently sitting at 153 DB. My range is extremely low for my level from what I've read and seen (around 28k). I have pretty much no mesos, and I'm trying to get some through commerci and bosses. But with my current dmg it feels impossible to boss and actually get more mesos. What can i do?

PS f2p player and this is my first attempt to barely fund a character. I have pensalir gear with bad potentials, haven't scrolled or star forced since i have no spell traces.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    Open your equipment window and take a screenshot and post it here please. Can't really help with the info you've given.
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited May 2020
    Getting to starforce your weapon will help a lot
    Meanwhile you'll want to do daily Zakum to get a Face Accessory and Eye Accessory with decent bonus stats. Zakum, being a boss, drops cubes that can help you roll LUK% on your Pensalir
    You can raise LUK and ATT Hyper Stats to 4 and then focus on Damage, Crit DMG
    Are your 4th job skills lvl 30?
    Ideally you'll want potential on your Sub Weapon and Emblem. In your case you'll soon be able to equip a Sweetwater Katara so maybe wait for that.
    Both of those can get Att% and flat Att lines which will do until you rank up to epic/Unique.
    Wih some more damage, you'll be able to clear Easy Horntail for the Ring and Easy Magnus for the Shoulder and Badge. If you can get someone to help you do Chaos Horntail that would be great.
    Link Skills and Legion are a great way to power up but they require more time investment. Take advantage of Burning Event and Burning Effect (from the event shop)
    Ark, Demon Avenger, Kanna, Illium and Hayato have Link Skill that directly increase your damage (Lvl1 at 70 and lvl 2 at 120)
    Most Thief classes give LUK legion pieces with the exception of Night Lord which gives Crit Rate.
  • wishtheycaredwishtheycared
    Reactions: 655
    edited May 2020
    What is your server? If you are from Bera I can maybe help you a bit.
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited May 2020
    A few things I can recommend that can also help to get some extra damage as well, is to get the totems from the after lands quest line and also the medal from masteria from time quest line. Other suggestions might be to try to complete the mushroom shrine quest line for the cape until you can get something better.
    Prophetie
  • IMewcoIMewco
    Reactions: 925
    edited May 2020
    This guide is slightly outdated but still relevant, you can ignore the gollux section and stick with your boss accessories: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OaWHrrVVRYxfq1P851UvbiPaA5u6jXgok6SMJCqN8iE/edit?usp=drivesdk

First, like a previous comment mentioned, you'll want to use mastery books in order to get you're skills to max level. Since you have no meso, you can do the crusader questline and theme dungeons to get masterboxes, and you can use the coins you get from the crusader questline to buy some aswell. If you've already maxed your skills, great!, I would still reccomend the crusader questline since it has an easy and accessible title and you can get spell traces from the mastery boxes and coins aswell.

You're gonna want to fill out all your slots, something is better then nothing. The guide above should have all you need for this step.

Commerci, dont bother doing the higher level voyages for now. Stick to the 12 point one since it gives the highest denaros daily and you dont have to fight any bosses in that one.

I'm going to assume you're regular server since you mentioned spell traces. Learn a profession. While you're farming you'll find tons of gear that you wont need that you can extract for superior item Crystal's. If you cant extract them yourself go to ch1 ardentmill of your server and you should find an extractor set up. You can sell this on the Auction house for a quick dime to get you through the day. Either than that you're really gonna wanna keep selling to NPCs whatever you find. Potions you dont need, mob ETC drops, anything. Everything counts. Make use of the event to get enhancement items and event rings that would probably be a great range boost at your level.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020
    erichsang wrote: »
    So im currently sitting at 153 DB. My range is extremely low for my level from what I've read and seen (around 28k). I have pretty much no mesos, and I'm trying to get some through commerci and bosses. But with my current dmg it feels impossible to boss and actually get more mesos. What can i do?

PS f2p player and this is my first attempt to barely fund a character. I have pensalir gear with bad potentials, haven't scrolled or star forced since i have no spell traces.

I would say there are 2 things you can do depending on your server it will be the options you have.

Reboot, the best thing you can do is farm Mesos and try to gain the range on your own. If you have friends who can carry you on hard bosses try to tag along and farm drops in those bosses and other ones. If you have non then that's ok too have a Kanna as a mule and just farm and upgrade gear with Mesos. That's one of the best options for Reboot.

Regular servers I would say join a guild that will help you farm items. Also become friends with bishops and Kannas to help you train and get experience. If you have friends to carry you on bosses or give you the gear you can get funded in no time in regular servers. That would be the best way to gain range in regular server or if your on your own same as reboot farm items and do auction house.

GL with your character and hope the information helped make your gaming experience great again ;)