[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

merging of paid servers

Comments

• Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited April 2020
    Haha, that's so true! how come there are some (very few people) out there who wants to be alone in a dead world even though it's MMORPG?
    That doesn't make any sense! but what's even more crazier is that this minority trying to force the majority NOT to merge all the paid servers.

Nexon please merge all paid servers!

You do realize that this game is a massively multiplayer online game, what does it mean? let me explain it to you, it means that we must have as many people as possible, in other words, merge all paid servers.

Listen, it's not a bad thing to want the populations to be higher/be in a server that has a higher population. What is a bad thing is forcing everyone into an overfilled laggy server as an obtuse way to get into Bera and calling anyone that disagrees with you a "minority".

Merging every reg server into one is going too far in the other direction in the population spectrum, it'd be unhealthy in a different way. It's ridiculous to assume that no problems would arise from such an action, and that every problem would be magically solved. The sheer amount of bots that would amass in one singular server would be immense, that reason alone should be enough of a deterrent for combining every server.

Personally I agree with how careful Nexon's been with merges. After the debacle that was the Bera bandwagon, it's clear they don't trust players to make smart decisions in this area. After looking through this thread, and others like it, I don't blame them.

But players from dead servers are just quitting though, as one who isn't from Bera, I can tell you that.
    WONDERGUY
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Food wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Optimize player experience by making everyone suffer lag, crowding, ks'ing, and spam together?
    No, thank you.

This. Says. All.
    Tbh, I would rather have another World Leap event than a big server merge.

results will be the same as merging all of paid servers, if world leap event happens, my friends, guild and alliance (over 400+ ppl) will move to bera.
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    The problem is the people clamoring for a merge are the vocal minority. They act like they speak for the majority despite most people outside the forums not wanting a merge, and when presented with legitimate concerns about a server merge, blow them off because "it's a massively multiplayer online role playing game" or because elysium lags too despite being the smallest server (do people seriously think this refutes the concern about lag in a mega server?).

If a merge of a smaller scale like Elysium and Aurora was proposed, that'd be fine. But when a merge of half the GMS population is proposed, there's much more to consider than "merge the servers because i'm lonely".

really what you just said right now, realty is the total opposite, all of my friend, guild and alliance (easily 400+ ppl) wants merging all paid servers, the problem is the people clamoring against this idea, against a merge are the vocal minority

Why didn't all your friends, guild, and alliance, leap to Bera when it was possible?
  • ExcessH20ExcessH20
    Reactions: 470
    edited April 2020
    I think it's too soon to conclude that more world alliances are needed. Viable alliances in my opinion (note that referenced populations are rough estimates from a certain site) along with ratios:

1) All four servers in a single alliance. The resulting population would be just barely above Reboot's.
    2) Aurora -- Elysium: Alliance's population would be roughly equal to Bera's population; each of the former would have x1.5 the number of people that Scania has.
    3) Scania -- Aurora -- Elysium: Alliance would have x1.7 the number of people that Bera has.
    4) Bera -- Elysium || Scania -- Aurora: This would result in the most equal non-Reboot server alliances possible and is my favorite solution. The first alliance would have about x1.15 the number of people as the second alliance has. Compared to Bera's current population, the alliance populations would be x1.45 and x1.25 respectively.
    5) Do nothing. I'm sure there are advantages to this.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited April 2020
    ExcessH20 wrote: »
    I think it's too soon to conclude that more world alliances are needed. Viable alliances in my opinion (note that referenced populations are rough estimates from a certain site) along with ratios:

1) All four servers in a single alliance. The resulting population would be just barely above Reboot's.
    2) Aurora -- Elysium: Alliance's population would be roughly equal to Bera's population; each of the former would have x1.5 the number of people that Scania has.
    3) Scania -- Aurora -- Elysium: Alliance would have x1.7 the number of people that Bera has.
    4) Bera -- Elysium || Scania -- Aurora: This would result in the most equal non-Reboot server alliances possible and is my favorite solution. The first alliance would have about x1.15 the number of people as the second alliance has. Compared to Bera's current population, the alliance populations would be x1.45 and x1.25 respectively.

I think it's too late, but better late than never.
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited May 2020
    ExcessH20 wrote: »

nope cause maplestory suppose to be a multi player game with a high amount of players
  • ExcessH20ExcessH20
    Reactions: 470
    edited May 2020

nope cause maplestory suppose to be a multi player game with a high amount of players

Reboot is widely agreed upon to be overcrowded, so a single server with a resulting population that is higher than Reboot's is definitely the wrong solution.
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020

AaronHusky wrote: »
    this is a massively multiplayer multiplayer online role playing game so we should force every non-reboot player into one server whether they want it or not, despite people listing off multiple reasons why it'd be a terrible idea. its a massively multiplayer online role playing game.

taco bell is a restaurant. therefore i should get five star service.
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Key note; as possible.
    Bera already broke its designated maximum capacity with the previous transfer. If you recall, there came a point where people were unable to transfer more characters into Bera and Nexon had to manually move the remainder of those player's characters.
    In any MMO there are set capacities to servers to assure that they don't become overpopulated to the point of instability, much like Bera was. That's how you end up with login-queues like in WoW and FFXIV for example, even though those have several separate servers as well.

If you're willing to sacrifice QoL just to have everyone in one server because that's how you personally define MMOs, then your outlook is incredibly flawed and short-sighted.

"The basis of your position is incorrect, cause x game is an fps shooter, therefore our best option is for everyone to wear hats made of cheese."

Both of these arguments have the same weight, and make about as much sense, too.

AKradian wrote: »
    Nowhere in the definition does it say that an MMO must crowd as many players as possible into as little game-space as possible.
    Or that for a player to be allowed to play an MMO, they must yearn to be surrounded by others at every turn.
    Even our smallest worlds have "from hundreds to thousands" of players.
    So let's drop this "by MMO definition we must merge" line. It is wrong.

Do you still not understand how asinine this logic is? "Merge the regular servers because Maplestory is an MMO"? Refer to my example: Should Taco Bell be giving me service on par with a 5-star restaurant because, by definition, it's a restaurant? Why should Maple sacrifice Quality of Life just because it's an MMO? Do you have literally no care for any factor other than population in a world merge? The factors that people have brought up in this thread and were called "selfish" for doing so?

I give up. This thread is hopeless. Please let me know when the people who want a server merge develop critical thinking skills in any form.

Before I go though, ponder this: If you claim to be the loyal, money spending players of Maplestory that Nexon will listen to, why didn't you transfer to Bera at the last given opportunity? Why are you trying to make the game worse for everyone else who stuck around (and also likely spent more money than all of you have) and preferred not to transfer?
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited May 2020
    new players allready make acc in most active "paid world " they wont bother with dead worlds
    also
    just create char in the active world you want to be instead of dead one (yea its lose of a progresss and its not your fault that world its dead or that got leftout because of missed bad transfer event in the past)
    but it is what it is they dont care and maybe once they see the need of merge progress will be back :)

they wont understand just like all other issue going on and being ignored even if many come and show interest or complain
    it costs them more long term but what can be done its only up to nexon america team
    enjoy on what you can and while is there