[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Gollux still sucks, but I'm done whining

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited May 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    It's an MMO. It's not supposed to be fast paced. Time gates exist as a method to give players something to always strive for.
    They're a required part of MMOs, get used to it.

Time gating EVERYTHING isnt the solution, you seem to love kms, and kms doesnt time gate as much as they are recently doing in GMS, Look at nlc revamp, thats some amazingly time gated **** that kms doesnt have, yes kms has time gated stuff, but not as much and as bad as gms in some aspects.
  • darikdarik
    edited May 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    It's an MMO. It's not supposed to be fast paced. Time gates exist as a method to give players something to always strive for.

True but a month is a bit excessive, and doesn't justify turning Gollux into a Lotus for no reason. I can understand making it more of a 180 boss, a thing closer to CRA, but if its true that it even 16mil characters can't dent him, and that the rewards remain the same despite the godly buff Hellux got, then its not really good. With CRA, Lotusmien, and the Arcane River Grind, we got way too much unreachable and time consuming stuff to "strive for" in MapleStory, even when compared to other MMOs.

heck im 40k stat and fking need to burst with every single skill i got to be able to kill itt, its even harder that cpap to me , which makes NO SENSE AT ALL FOR OLD CONTENT NEXON.
    I like the gollux restock but i dont think it was necessary to freaking buff that much gollux and make the restockable items such a time gated thing.
    HuskyDM
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    darik wrote: »

Time gating EVERYTHING isnt the solution, you seem to love kms, and kms doesnt time gate as much as they are recently doing in GMS, Look at nlc revamp, thats some amazingly time gated **** that kms doesnt have, yes kms has time gated stuff, but not as much and as bad as gms in some aspects.

If you read the other thousand threads on this issue I already agreed that the time-game might be excessive. (Nexon VFMs, Merge threads moar plz?)
    But that I still agree with buffing the boss. The level increase and buffing the boss should have been enough to put gollux where he needed to be.
    They could increase the coins dropped, make him drop all the items (instanced) or just lower coin cost of items.
    But I still feel that on the overall gollux is more balanced to where he needs to be, we just need some small tweaks to pull back on Nexon's over correction.

A complete redesign to make this boss actually interesting would be nice too, the whole Gem DPS Check thing is a bit silly.
    Why give gollux a long timer to kill him with if the only thing that matters is how much time the gem allows you to kill it?
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited May 2020
    Well it's quite good thing that broken items like gollux are made bit harder to obtain, within 2 months you get 2 items and you have 60 runs then so quite likely you got something as drops so it's not that bad.
    Still hard gollux is like doing CRA, which isn't that bad and completely doable without high end gear (ppl used to clear CRA with empress gear and without star force).

And for those who are saying that kms doesn't time gate, their BiS accessories (same as here) are pitched boss set which take about a year to get if you're lucky.

The carrying in gollux was damn broken. that 1 guy could carry 5 persons/day is quite ridiculous. Maby it would be decent if everyone gets that 30 coins and not just one getting that, since still the coins are wanted there, not the drops except for superiors
  • ExcessH20ExcessH20
    Reactions: 470
    edited May 2020
    Nobody has really talked about this but I think it's important.

Why can Basic Gollux scrolls only be purchased with regular coins? People who are working towards killing hard gollux (which has more HP than pre-nerf hell) would only be able to use clean solid equips if they plan to get everything themselves. The only way for somebody who can't kill hard to get scrolled solid equips would be through the auction house, but people who are strong enough to obtain basic scrolls have no incentive to do so when there are more profitable options available.
    GenkaiX1HuskyDM
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    edited May 2020
    actually the basic scrolls are quite bad, you could use chaos scrolls to get better results
  • McSpekMcSpek
    Reactions: 390
    People saying this change is how it supposed to be clearly got all their items already.

If you like playing this game when you got a job, a family, having an actual life....this change is pure bs.
    People saying you need to spend time to get end game gear are clearly doing nothing all day but sitting on their ass playing Maplestory.

When I get some from work, did some cooking, finished diner, hugged my wife...i'm off to my dailies for the rest of the evening.
    Even without Gollux this was taking enough time already.

These days when you start out Maplestory as a new player, you need to ask yourself if you're willing to keep playing the game till your 80's.
    If not, you'll be stuck playing 1 or 2 mains and you'll never get a good taste of the other classes.

I'm at the point where I can do hard gollux quite easy, like 4mins.
    Gives be crappy stuff and around....16 coins or so.
    So to get 1 character a full set of gollux gear it will take over half a year o_o And we got like 30 jobs or so? (lost track xD) So it will take you only 15 years to just get Gollux gear on all of time.

Yea fair enough i'd say f3
    darikHuskyDMMicaliciouskaopi
  • darikdarik
    edited May 2020
    McSpek wrote: »
    People saying this change is how it supposed to be clearly got all their items already.

If you like playing this game when you got a job, a family, having an actual life....this change is pure bs.
    People saying you need to spend time to get end game gear are clearly doing nothing all day but sitting on their ass playing Maplestory.

When I get some from work, did some cooking, finished diner, hugged my wife...i'm off to my dailies for the rest of the evening.

These days when you start out Maplestory as a new player, you need to ask yourself if you're willing to keep playing the game till your 80's.
    If not, you'll be stuck playing 1 or 2 mains and you'll never get a good taste of the other classes.

So to get 1 character a full set of gollux gear it will take over half a year o_o And we got like 30 jobs or so? (lost track xD) So it will take you only 15 years to just get Gollux gear on all of time.

Exactly this. I couldnt agree more with you.
  • OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited May 2020

So people who spend less time in the game should have the same progression as those who "doing nothing all day but sitting on their ass playing Maplestory" right?

It's equal opportunities, not equal outcome my man.

Also, Gollux is not the end all be all gear... people were already relatively strong before Gollux was even a thing. There are other rings/accessories to replace the Gollux items. But if you're so caught up in having the BiS, then I don't know what to tell you.

Personally, someone with "a life" shouldn't be stressed out over it. Just saying.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    OkitsMs wrote: »

So people who spend less time in the game should have the same progression as those who "doing nothing all day but sitting on their ass playing Maplestory" right?

Also, Gollux is not the end all be all gear... people were already relatively strong before Gollux was even a thing. There are other rings/accessories to replace the Gollux items. But if you're so caught up in having the BiS, then I don't know what to tell you.

Personally, someone with "a life" shouldn't be stressed out over it. Just saying.

I want a life too so I stop playing when I need to, and won't get the same as those who do nothing but play. Everyone gets that.

But, do you realize it takes 3 to 7 months of daily Hellux, who now is as hard as Lotus, to get the same results as what 2 or so months did previously? From a game designer perspective the time it takes is ridiculous. It stops a lot of people from playing it, a lot of people who could be the ones promoting your content and who want to keep playing. And I don't mean people who are too weak to do Hellux. People who can do it probably will sit out of this one because the grind is stupid insane (and probably already have full superiors to even care).
    The people who are "doing nothing all day but sitting on their ass playing Maplestory" is the minority, and even those would realize that 3 to 7 months is an absurd amount of time to grind anything.
  • AlexKarevAlexKarev
    Reactions: 735
    edited May 2020
    There's about 51 classes in total if we count the explorer class as 1 along with Adele coming this summer. I don't have any main class yet, but adults who are busy like myself we play for fun. The minority of tryhards for end game gear is higher than the minority of casual players who have less time to make a dent in Maplestory. I'm 35yrs old I work daily at Costco as an supervisor, so i don't think i will get the free-time to focus on end game gear as i prefer to play all classes too see their results. So Hellux is optional for most players, but if you enjoy the quest line and such you may only care too do it once, and than move on.

• OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited May 2020

I want a life too so I stop playing when I need to, and won't get the same as those who do nothing but play. Everyone gets that.

But, do you realize it takes 3 to 7 months of daily Hellux, who now is as hard as Lotus, to get the same results as what 2 or so months did previously? From a game designer perspective the time it takes is ridiculous. It stops a lot of people from playing it, a lot of people who could be the ones promoting your content and who want to keep playing. And I don't mean people who are too weak to do Hellux. People who can do it probably will sit out of this one because the grind is stupid insane (and probably already have full superiors to even care).
    The people who are "doing nothing all day but sitting on their ass playing Maplestory" is the minority, and even those would realize that 3 to 7 months is an absurd amount of time to grind anything.

Yeah, but you do realize you DON'T have to get Gollux gear immediately to play the game. I wonder how people functioned before Gollux.

It's going to take some time to get full Gollux gear...what's wrong with that? It'd be wrong if the ONLY way to progress through the game is with Gollux gear. However, that's not the case. You can find alternate accessories to replace Gollux stuff or use them as a place holder until you get it.

If you are considering Gollux accessories to be end-game gear and BiS, then personally, I think it's not a bad idea to start moving in the direction we are going now. It just boggles my mind how many complaints there are about "the good old time" of Maplestory where it takes eons to get to level 200...but as soon as anything changes so that it takes time to obtain, many people flip the switch.

But if you're really that upset about people who had Gollux gear already before the revamp, then I honestly have no argument for that. Except that life's not fair. :shrugs:
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, but you do realize you DON'T have to get Gollux gear immediately to play the game. I wonder how people functioned before Gollux.

It's going to take some time to get full Gollux gear...what's wrong with that? It'd be wrong if the ONLY way to progress through the game is with Gollux gear. However, that's not the case. You can find alternate accessories to replace Gollux stuff or use them as a place holder until you get it.

If you are considering Gollux accessories to be end-game gear and BiS, then personally, I think it's not a bad idea to start moving in the direction we are going now. It just boggles my mind how many complaints there are about "the good old time" of Maplestory where it takes eons to get to level 200...but as soon as anything changes so that it takes time to obtain, many people flip the switch.

But if you're really that upset about people who had Gollux gear already before the revamp, then I honestly have no argument for that. Except that life's not fair. :shrugs:

The problem is that it takes way too much time for one accessory, even compared to KMS content. One month per accessory with a daily boss is ridiculous. Neither CRAs nor Absolabs take that long, and with those is a once a week affair, not a once everyday for 3-7+ months if you were unlucky to not have gotten it beforehand, 7 months is not "some time".

Want to make Gollux and endgame boss? That's fine. But make the time to get his stuff sensible, 7 months isn't. I already have a full Gollux set anyway, my problem is not getting it now, bad game design just annoys me.
    CutieMiku
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    edited May 2020
    Well it takes about a month of hellux for 1 eqp, and it also drops sup belt+ears so in 2 months you should have full set, 3 with double pend. In other servers you can always buy those if you don't want to spend time so only problem is reboot where everything is a grind anyways. And doing several months of daily content isn't even that bad compared to some things like symbols which take 335 days of dailies to max up.
    Absos might be quite easy to obtain since they only need 1 boss clear+2 weeklies+couple of extra cores/equip but those aren't really end game, umbras are and those take quite a while of obtaining from coin shop. CRA items are quite old and for some reason the only top+bottom set around so ye those are easy to obtain but i really hope that there will be another top+bot set so any BiS items wouldn't be obtained within 2 weeks of starting the game by their regular obtaining methods, buying is still option.
    And tbh if you go for BiS just forget gollux except sup ring+1 sup pend since pitched set will be better.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited May 2020
    Latemaster wrote: »
    Well it takes about a month of hellux for 1 eqp, and it also drops sup belt+ears so in 2 months you should have full set, 3 with double pend. In other servers you can always buy those if you don't want to spend time so only problem is reboot where everything is a grind anyways. And doing several months of daily content isn't even that bad compared to some things like symbols which take 335 days of dailies to max up.
    Absos might be quite easy to obtain since they only need 1 boss clear+2 weeklies+couple of extra cores/equip but those aren't really end game, umbras are and those take quite a while of obtaining from coin shop. CRA items are quite old and for some reason the only top+bottom set around so ye those are easy to obtain but i really hope that there will be another top+bot set so any BiS items wouldn't be obtained within 2 weeks of starting the game by their regular obtaining methods, buying is still option.
    And tbh if you go for BiS just forget gollux except sup ring+1 sup pend since pitched set will be better.

Arcane Symbols and Pitch Set taking some time at least have a good reason. Its the absolute endgame and there is nothing after it, so if everyone just got max level symbols right away there wouldn't be much to do afterwards. They'll get easier as new endgame content gets released and the Arcane River is no longer the end (assuming the game lives long enough for us to see it in English).

And if Gollux, like Absos and CRAs are not the true BiS items like Pitched or Umbras are then why do it takes the same amount of time an Umbra would? Wouldn't it make sense to take the same amount of time an Abso takes to get since it is in that tier?
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Latemaster wrote: »

Arcane Symbols and Pitch Set taking some time at least have a good reason. Its the absolute endgame and there is nothing after it, so if everyone just got max level symbols right away there wouldn't be much to do afterwards. They'll get easier as new endgame content gets released and the Arcane River is no longer the end (assuming the game lives long enough for us to see it in English).

And if Gollux, like Absos and CRAs are not the true BiS items like Pitched or Umbras are then why do it takes the same amount of time an Umbra would? Wouldn't it make sense to take the same amount of time an Abso takes to get since it is in that tier?

Nexon's solution: make abso take longer
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited May 2020
    bazzy wrote: »
    Nexon's solution: make abso take longer

Hey now don't go giving them ideas

• SuckFingerSuckFinger
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2020
    they messup up the gollux, now its harder to get gollux coins then ever. and don't montion that they messed up the luminous 3 or 5 years ago, now I can't choose if use the black or the light power in luminous it is just changing by himself just by attacking normal monsters.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2020
    SuckFinger wrote: »
    they messup up the gollux, now its harder to get gollux coins then ever. and don't montion that they messed up the luminous 3 or 5 years ago, now I can't choose if use the black or the light power in luminous it is just changing by himself just by attacking normal monsters.

Coins are no longer shared. Have fun.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited July 2020
    Gollux Coins will no longer be shared between party members and individual players will be able to obtain the amount of coins dropped according to the level of difficulty.
    Basic Gollux Accessory Scroll will now be sold in Randolf’s NPC Shop for 40 Gollux Pennies.