[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Star force chance suspicion

vRoxasvvRoxasv
Reactions: 105
in Rants and Raves
Is the rate of succession and failure shown on enhancing star force true? I seriously think they actually might have altered the chance of % shown there. I blew up 5 tyrant capes and 2 Tyrant boots within days going from 6-7 and 7-8 stars when it's only 1.5-3% chance of booming. Comparing to using CSS and star force is enough proof to show the difference of the actual percentage of succeeding that low of a chance. I would really want to see proof directly from Nexon that they haven't rigged the percentage shown and the "real" percentage. It's hard enough to find Tyrants around MYBCKN and disappointing to find repeated booms with chances lower than a CSS.
I am now finished with my pent up anger.
WONDERGUY

Comments

• ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited May 2018
    vRoxasv wrote: »
    Is the rate of succession and failure shown on enhancing star force true? I seriously think they actually might have altered the chance of % shown there. I blew up 5 tyrant capes and 2 Tyrant boots within days going from 6-7 and 7-8 stars when it's only 1.5-3% chance of booming. Comparing to using CSS and star force is enough proof to show the difference of the actual percentage of succeeding that low of a chance. I would really want to see proof directly from Nexon that they haven't rigged the percentage shown and the "real" percentage. It's hard enough to find Tyrants around MYBCKN and disappointing to find repeated booms with chances lower than a CSS.
    I am now finished with my pent up anger.

It's 100% fake. They even admitted that star catching doesn't actually raise the chance of success. It's just there to keep you take things slower.
    And they will never show you a proof that star enhancement system isn't rigged, because there's not such thing. It is completely rigged. Crap ton of people have destroyed their equips with 0.7% chance of destruction on the first try. That's actually statistically impossible to happen, but it did.
    There was an 8th anniversary event scroll scandal where Nexon was actually caught red handed that they rigged the percentage system. The scroll had 20% success rate and 100% chance to destroy upon faiilure. A lot of rankers spend money on protection scroll to use it, but failed in so many ways that suspicion about rigged chance came up. Then a guy ripped open Nexon client server and showed a section where the success chance drops by 2% every time enhancement succeeds (20%->18%->16% and so on). When the community went super outrage about this and demanded answer, Nexon just kept their mouth shut and said absolutely nothing about it for years until the issue cooled down.
    EXdestWONDERGUY
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited May 2020
    the expectation result of 80% chance of success for example is 8 out of 10 in general, but the star force is nothing but rigged joke. How do I even fail 85(+5 from star catching)% success rate 3 times in a row? It's clearly not just bad luck when it happens way for frequently. I find scrolling 30%(+ event) spell trace more reliable than star forcing at level 10(50% success).
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2020
    Chances are definitely fake. At the very least, the destruction chance are definitely fake. Everyone already knows this and just accepted it already. I know people who boomed an item over 20 times in 0.7-1.3% boom chance region. There are people who are enslaved to nx and will say "it's just rng" even though it's statistically fake and nexon has lied about fake chances many times in the past
    WONDERGUYEXdest
This discussion has been closed.