[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

though on the upcoming beast tamer changes?

Comments

• AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    Now that the update preview has been released, I feel a lot more hopeful for BT. I want to see how the new 190 hyper works.
  • AllowedAllowed
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited June 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    Now that the update preview has been released, I feel a lot more hopeful for BT. I want to see how the new 190 hyper works.

me2 they also only mention 2 skills that is getting a revamp why not mention them all.
  • rebuiltrebuilt
    Reactions: 615
    edited June 2020
    Allowed wrote: »
    AaronHusky wrote: »

me2 they also only mention 2 skills that is getting a revamp why not mention them all.

because it's an update preview, not patch notes — it's just meant to be a little blurb and not a full detailing of every change
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    rebuilt wrote: »
    Stallben wrote: »
    Does it? I remember reading somewhere the furious strikes didn't have a node. The paw swiped only affected that skill. And since paw swipe and furious strikes are two different skills, the node only effects the paw swipe start up, but not furious strikes itself. But I don't know, maybe what I read was outdated or incorrect but I saw multiple sources say the same thing.

it 100% does — think of furious strikes as an "upgraded" paw swipe that happens after the first few casts; it's well-known for a long time that the paw swipe node affects furious strikes and i'd be interested in seeing your sources to the contrary given that it has been this way for a long, long, long time

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5krm02/beast_tamer_5th_job_node_setup_guide/

Under "Node setup: Bear (Fort)"

Like I said, I didn't know if that information was out of date at the time I read it. I didn't see anything else saying that it did, so I assumed it didn't. With the reworks beast tamer got over time, I wasn't sure if it never had one or it was changed to include furious strikes. Sort of like how, at one point, Mercedes' node for stunning strikes didn't include final attack but was later changed to include final attack, resulting in one less node slot needed. And I'm not a beast tamer main, so I don't pay much attention to how the class works, I was just looking for node setup guides and that was the first thing to pop up. My main concern was actually finding out if it was true or not as most of my findings only turned up non answers or just speculation. But since the time of posting, I did more digging an found out that it does affect it.
  • rebuiltrebuilt
    Reactions: 615
    edited June 2020
    Stallben wrote: »
    Under "Node setup: Bear (Fort)"

Like I said, I didn't know if that information was out of date at the time I read it. I didn't see anything else saying that it did, so I assumed it didn't. With the reworks beast tamer got over time, I wasn't sure if it never had one or it was changed to include furious strikes. Sort of like how, at one point, Mercedes' node for stunning strikes didn't include final attack but was later changed to include final attack, resulting in one less node slot needed. And I'm not a beast tamer main, so I don't pay much attention to how the class works, I was just looking for node setup guides and that was the first thing to pop up. My main concern was actually finding out if it was true or not as most of my findings only turned up non answers or just speculation. But since the time of posting, I did more digging an found out that it does affect it.

ah, yeah, that was someone who was just making assumptions based on the name without actually testing (to be fair, it isn't clear that it affects it, but it does)

luckily it all works out, haha!
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited June 2020
    Well then, I'm a Beast Tamer main and I haven't read the thread but here are my two mesos.

Good to finally have a 190 hyper skill after 6 years of not having one. That's all we know and I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared. Last time someone got revamped it was Jett and somehow they made Jett even worse than she previously was, so I'm really crossing my fingers so that BT doesn't get that treatment. Thats it, we don't know anything else, who knows, maybe this allows BT to be a mainstay in the character creation, like, why she is the only character that gets locked up without any reason. At least Zero makes sense.
  • AllowedAllowed
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited June 2020
    Beginner

Critter Select: Adjusted so that each mode cannot be removed by right-clicking the mouse.

ok rip passive skills from hawk.