[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Merging of non-Reboot servers

psiPpsiP
Reactions: 1,750
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for your time in attending to the following postulation put forth.

Servers "Scania", "Aurora" and "Elysium" can be considered to resemble a previously known rural and/or remote server called "Yellonde". To ensure players who decide to play within a non-Reboot server other than "Bera" are not disadvantaged and receive suboptimal gaming experience, it would be prudent to consider merging all non-Reboot servers into one unified version. The name of this combined server may be called "Gargantuan!".

If you require further information in relation to this matter please do not hesitate to contact.

Kind regards,

Jolly Old Chap
GomenasaiKaiser4EverNicholasBWONDERGUY
  1. Merge all non-Reboot servers into one unified version?20 votes
    1. Yes
       70% (14 votes)
    2. No
       35% (7 votes)

Comments

• Kradian_SouthKradian_South
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited June 2020
    This again? Why?

You've already suggested this before, and many chimed in with their own opinions. Did you read any of them before you posted this?

I personally do not want such a merge. Populated and non-populated servers each have their pros and cons; to try and suggest such a merge would be unfair to those who prefer low populated worlds, and to try to once again "speak" for them on their behalf is something else entirely.
    If this were to go through, where would those players go? Would you like them to quit, or would you instead want them to "receive a suboptimal gaming experience" as they play in their new cramped world?

Why, exactly, do you want a unified merge that much?
    AaronHuskyAggraphineHHG1
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    FOR GOD'S SAKE STOP ALREADY

IT'S BEEN MADE ABUNDANTLY CLEAR WHY A MERGE WOULD BE A HORRENDOUS IDEA

STOP SUGGESTING IT

Edit: I'm throwing these hreads into the mix too.
    i'm not partaking in this dumpster fire of a suggestion again
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited June 2020
    psiP wrote: »
    To Whom It May Concern,

Servers "Scania", "Aurora" and "Elysium" can be considered to resemble a previously known rural and/or remote server called "Yellonde". To ensure players who decide to play within a non-Reboot server other than "Bera" are not disadvantaged and receive suboptimal gaming experience, it would be prudent to consider merging all non-Reboot servers into one unified version. The name of this combined server may be called "Gargantuan!".

If you require further information in relation to this matter please do not hesitate to contact.

Kind regards,

Jolly Old Chap

Most people in here that usually against this idea are nexon's employees, but really if you make a poll to all GMS players, the entirely majority will go with merging.
  • EikaheEikahe
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited June 2020
    To Whom It May Concern,

Kind regards,

Jolly Old Chap

Most people in here that usually against this idea are nexon's employees, but really if you make a poll to all GMS players, the entirely majority will go with merging.

That's a blatant lie with no proof to back it up. If you search up everything on Reddit (which is a much more substantial community than the Nexon forums), there is vehement refusal to merge even more servers together. The people who vocally complain about wanting another server merge are usually people who missed the chance to move to Bera when everything was going down previously. "Nexon employees don't want to merge servers" feels like such a weird conspiracy theory, lol.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    LYs0u73.jpg

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/27315/lag-in-elysium#latest

Hey look, one of the low-population worlds is still dealing with lag. And you think somehow cramming everyone into a single server won't make that worse? What kind of seasonal-player idiocy are you trying to pull here?
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited June 2020
    Eikahe wrote: »
    To Whom It May Concern,

Kind regards,

Jolly Old Chap

That's a blatant lie with no proof to back it up. If you search up everything on Reddit (which is a much more substantial community than the Nexon forums), there is vehement refusal to merge even more servers together. The people who vocally complain about wanting another server merge are usually people who missed the chance to move to Bera when everything was going down previously. "Nexon employees don't want to merge servers" feels like such a weird conspiracy theory, lol.

nah, i actually agree with him, i always thought the reaction of certain people in this forum is suspicious, like you know 100% on nexon's side no matter what the subject is, responding faster than anyone else, and more importantly, responding 24/7 in any single moment, and these people are also always against anything that the maple community wants, that's way too suspicious, you just gotta open your eyes.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    NicholasB wrote: »
    nah, i actually agree with him, i always thought the reaction of certain people in this forum is suspicious, like you know 100% on nexon's side no matter what the subject is, responding faster than anyone else, and more importantly, responding 24/7 in any single moment, and these people are also always against anything that the maple community wants, that's way too suspicious, you just gotta open your eyes.

Hey you could just say my name instead of trying to skirt around the issue. There are probably like two or three people who consistently call the terrible suggestions for what they are. And just because someone thinks your idea is ridiculous-bordering-on-asinine doesn't mean they work for nexon or anyone else. Just means your ideas are garbage and they've elected not to sugarcoat things.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    NicholasB wrote: »

Hey you could just say my name instead of trying to skirt around the issue. There are probably like two or three people who consistently call the terrible suggestions for what they are. And just because someone thinks your idea is ridiculous-bordering-on-asinine doesn't mean they work for nexon or anyone else. Just means your ideas are garbage and they've elected not to sugarcoat things.

That's the same guy who thinks anyone who defends kanna as a class is a hacker. I wouldn't bother trying to reason with him. Even flat-earthers possess more critical thinking.

@OP; Your thread kinda reads like satire. I don't know if that was the point, but if your suggestion is sincere I think you should have put it more straight-forward and added more arguments for why it should be considered rather than word-vomiting like a student trying to reach the minimum word count of an essay.

Regardless, I don't agree with merging Bera with any other server currently, for obvious reasons. And your suggested name is garbage, in my humble but truly objective opinion.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited June 2020
    just avoid argue ,go vote and wait on merge( meanwhile you can start in new world like evryone else work on mules untill your progress merge out of dead worlds)
    or
    just deal with flamebaiting "insults" by 2-3 people and 1-2 trolls on forum 24/7

their anti-merge excuses failed anyway because:
    -new players wont come to dead worlds
    -majority of the hackers are allready concentrated in one world
    -there is no population lag when nexon put right resources on the server (proved with nexon takeing away the resources from the dead worlds to support one world with more ch while dead one decay in lag now )
    oh right i forgot the troll excuses
    WhAt AbOuT pLaYeRs ThAt WaNt To Be In AlOnE iN dEaD WoRlD in MMORPG lol
    and
    you missed to transfer ?
    sUcKs tO SuCk

ps:
    am happy to see Merging of non-Reboot servers instead of merging paid worlds
    oh well merge will be on hold for a while anyway
    summer update allready started with nerfs and broken things
    also we still have to see and wait the familiars fiasco in same time with adele lol