[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Developer Stance Feedback/Suggestion

AracelyAracely
Reactions: 740
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
One of the main things actively hurting the game right now is the lack of communication. Players do not understand the changes being made to the game and trying to get answers results in zero response usually. What would really, and I mean really really improve the attitude of most players (which is very cynical for a good reason) is a clear developer stance. Explain what the aim is for the next year and where you want to game to be, what kind of problems you are currently facing in terms of servers and where these problems come from (too many players? too much kishin? etc.). Why are weak classes like Jett/BT further nerfed instead of buffed (don't think this can be explained regardless)? Why is this approach to Kishin taken? Why were badges removed? All these things have no answers and are things the community really is hurting over.

That way we can at least understand where some of this is coming from and have a decent discussion (even within the community) knowing both sides. It rightfully feels like talking to a wall. A wall that throws bricks in your face, and I'm not alone in feeling this way.
zmintShiftah
  1. Do you feel like Nexon has made its stance clear to the community?12 votes
    1. Yes
       17% (2 votes)
    2. No
       83% (10 votes)

Comments

• EikaheEikahe
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited June 2020
    The long and short of it is that we're such a small fraction of Nexon's overall profits that they have absolutely no reason to care about anything we have to say or do. We're pocket change to Nexon and they've never once cared about the playerbase or making us happy. The only thing they see in us is some side profit and will do whatever they can to maximize soulless metrics like player retention and time online and pretend like that means their servers are succeeding.
    WONDERGUY
  • TheWazuTheWazu
    Reactions: 645
    It's actually pathetic that these devs are not listening to our suggestions or warnings. All the posts on the MapleStory subreddit asking for nexon to listen, stop these absurd changes, heck even here in the forums.
    I had to log in to give my two cents on these forums that I have not ever used until now.
    Please stop ruining this server.
    ShiftahWONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    TheWazu wrote: »
    It's actually pathetic that these devs are not listening to our suggestions or warnings. All the posts on the MapleStory subreddit asking for nexon to listen, stop these absurd changes, heck even here in the forums.
    I had to log in to give my two cents on these forums that I have not ever used until now.
    Please stop ruining this server.

Not listening is one thing, they hear the players. The problem is they completely ignore them, which is even worse.
    I can understand Nexon not wanting to go forward with some of the things players have in mind, Nexon knows behind the scene information that we might not.
    However Nexon has the option to be transparent about this behind the scene information and tell us why they're acting the way they do.
    What Nexon is doing is far worse than just not listening.
  • AureusSeitaroAureusSeitaro
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2020
    They even have a scorched-earth stance regarding new players for no real good reason. I'm in the last 24 hours of my "new player restriction period" that stops me from trading with other players. I have four characters with completely filled inventories of items i'm literally not allowed to get rid of due to questlines, medal rewards, or trash items.... such as the star dust for Jett's link skill - a character i cant even have yet because i cant get high enough level because the free pet i get at level 33 zoops up 3 rows of inventory space of it and kills my character's inventory. Could i throw it into storage, make another character, pull it out, etc etc until its all gone? sure. Do i want to spend minutes doing that when i should be able to NPC it for 0 meso instead? I'll let you answer that yourself.

I cant even attempt Zakum because i'm not allowed to drop the item you need to drop to summon him, nor complete a quest in Sleepywood, which is the prerequisite for *another* meta quest.

It makes me feel like im being strongarmed into buying inventory space from the cash shop before ive even committed to the game and i cant help but think its pushed more than a few players away from continuing. my friend who introduced me into maplestory is so furious that my play experience is so crippled by this because he was excited to have someone to play with, and now we're both stuck waiting for me to be allowed to play the game.

There's no reason why I shouldnt be able to NPC all of this crap from the first 70 or 80 levels of the game thats killing my inventory apart from pure, unadulterated disregard for its playerbase.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    They actually did change things with the v214 patch

8xJiSM6.png
    edited June 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    They actually did change things with the v214 patch

8xJiSM6.png

This is cool, but it doesnt fix my star dust or medals problem, nor the 2 rows of ETC tab items ive accumulated from doing questlines, such as the Ellinel fairy forest play stuff and the excess black trash bags from Edelstein.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited June 2020
    They even have a scorched-earth stance regarding new players for no real good reason. I'm in the last 24 hours of my "new player restriction period" that stops me from trading with other players. I have four characters with completely filled inventories of items i'm literally not allowed to get rid of due to questlines, medal rewards, or trash items.... such as the star dust for Jett's link skill - a character i cant even have yet because i cant get high enough level because the free pet i get at level 33 zoops up 3 rows of inventory space of it and kills my character's inventory. Could i throw it into storage, make another character, pull it out, etc etc until its all gone? sure. Do i want to spend minutes doing that when i should be able to NPC it for 0 meso instead? I'll let you answer that yourself.

I cant even attempt Zakum because i'm not allowed to drop the item you need to drop to summon him, nor complete a quest in Sleepywood, which is the prerequisite for *another* meta quest.

It makes me feel like im being strongarmed into buying inventory space from the cash shop before ive even committed to the game and i cant help but think its pushed more than a few players away from continuing. my friend who introduced me into maplestory is so furious that my play experience is so crippled by this because he was excited to have someone to play with, and now we're both stuck waiting for me to be allowed to play the game.

There's no reason why I shouldnt be able to NPC all of this crap from the first 70 or 80 levels of the game thats killing my inventory apart from pure, unadulterated disregard for its playerbase.

this is a way to combat hackers man, deal with it, it sucks but oh well
    edited June 2020
    darik wrote: »
    They even have a scorched-earth stance regarding new players for no real good reason. I'm in the last 24 hours of my "new player restriction period" that stops me from trading with other players. I have four characters with completely filled inventories of items i'm literally not allowed to get rid of due to questlines, medal rewards, or trash items.... <snip>

this is a way to combat hackers man, deal with it, it sucks but oh well

This is a pretty lazy way to address the problem. As I said, there's no good reason i shouldnt at least be able to NPC all these trash items for 0 mesos; plenty of other useless things can be dealt with this way but these are not. My inability to at least do that has nothing to do with hackers. It's laziness and is very likely negatively impacting new player retention because it comes off as a "screw you give us your money now" stance and is offputting. The only thing your statement does is enable the poor, lazy choices made by the developer.

I understand the anti-hacker stance, and i have nothing against measures made against such activity, but really, they could do better for the actual honest players.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2020
    This is cool, but it doesnt fix my star dust or medals problem, nor the 2 rows of ETC tab items ive accumulated from doing questlines, such as the Ellinel fairy forest play stuff and the excess black trash bags from Edelstein.

You can sell items to NPC shops regardless of the restriction. The restriction only affects player-to-player trade.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/57261/updated-june-9-v-213-15th-anniversary-pixel-party-patch-notes#system
    New accounts will be unable to trade with other players, purchase or post items in Auction House, or drop items or mesos in fields. They are still able to buy and sell items from NPC Shops, and transfer items and mesos to other characters on the same account through their Storage.
    Fuhreak
    edited June 2020
    Neospector wrote: »

You can sell items to NPC shops regardless of the restriction. The restriction only affects player-to-player trade.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/57261/updated-june-9-v-213-15th-anniversary-pixel-party-patch-notes#system
    New accounts will be unable to trade with other players, purchase or post items in Auction House, or drop items or mesos in fields. They are still able to buy and sell items from NPC Shops, and transfer items and mesos to other characters on the same account through their Storage.

Except that all of these items dont even appear in the sell to NPC screen. That's the problem.