[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

"In Search Of a Clue" Items aren't dropping

ZysterTVZysterTV
Reactions: 805
in Bug Reporting
Long story short. I started Jett for terra burning and guess what. this required quest is bugged out. after 2 hours and even using the 50% drop rate increase from the familiar, the items for the quest aren't dropping off the mobs it clarifies.

Dark Axe Stumps are clarified, they have been killed over 2000 times. 0 quest item drops.

Comments

• SlowchuSlowchu
    Can confirm, killed ~300-500 dark axe stumps, zero drops at all. I tried different maps with Dark Axes with no success.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited June 2020
    Having this issue right now. Very annoying!
  • NoladolNoladol
    Reactions: 900
    edited July 2020
    Same issue here. The required items are not dropping to complete the quest.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited July 2020
    Are you all burning characters?

Could you also follow the bug guidelines so we can pass it on?
  • ZysterTVZysterTV
    Reactions: 805
    edited February 2021
    Okhura wrote: »
    Are you all burning characters?

Could you also follow the bug guidelines so we can pass it on?

Bug type: Quest, Functionality

Brief bug summary: Since June 2020 when I did my tera burning for Jett. I tried to do this quest at level 30 and the items were not dropping. Came back at level 200 and the same issue occurs.

More details: Jett has a quest to hunt down the broken core fragments after the merchant got robbed. You go and do the quest line but need to get items off the designated mob. These mobs will not drop the items at all for me and many others. Friends who did not tera burn their Jett could not complete this quest either.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Make a Jett and start doing the Jett story, level as necessary and reach the desired quest. Continue on to where you have to kill the desired stump mob. At this point the mobs will not drop the quest item you need, furthermore if it does drop its because the 2 characters are designated between "Old" and "New" Jett.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: JettSucksBad

Character level:200

Character job:Jett

World name:Scania

Date and time of the incident: June 12th, 2020 (Eastern Standard Time) - Current date

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)