[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

False Ban Reports 6/22

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited June 2020 in Announcements
Hi Maplers,

We are aware of the recent false ban reports in the Community and are investigating the issue.
We temporarily disabled banning accounts with this criteria and will continue to monitor during the investigation.
If you were affected by the recent bans, please submit a ticket to our Customer Support (https://support-maplestory.nexon.net).
If you've already submitted a ticket, there is no need to submit a ticket again.

Thank you for the patience.
Wesleyx3PathLoveIlliumAurajettSpecialJacaruPixulagrande

Comments

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 2020
    There have been a lot of bans that happen this weekend and a lot of people submitted tickets and got denied. I hope that you guys look into those who were falsely ban as I personally know a lot of them and know for a fact their, not hackers or never hacked a day in their life.

But hope Nexon does the right thing.
  • NairassoyNairassoy
    Reactions: 795
    edited June 2020
    I was falsely banned and I submitted a ticket (on 6/21.) They responded and said the issue was taken care of and it would be permanent. Does this mean my ticket is closed? Should I submit another? I don't want to get banned from customer support.

So glad you guys are looking into this issue.
  • xBeastHeroxBeastHero
    Reactions: 990
    edited June 2020
    I was falsely ban as well, and my appeal got denied EVERY single time. I really hope you guys look into this and unban my account.. been playing for 15 years this game. I kinda find this unfair.
  • DhrGRDhrGR
    Reactions: 1,410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    I would like to report here that I was affected by the ban, and have been unbanned as of a few hours ago.
    I made around 3 tickets on saturday / sunday (All denied) and got a new ticket (That I did not open) today that they investigated my account another time and unbanned me.

For the people dealing with support, I wish you the best and hope you stay calm and be nice to them.
    If you truly did not do anything, they will be able to see it through logs and unban you

Take care everyone!
    Wesleyx3
  • rizariza
    edited June 2020
    you guys I know how you feel I spoke to a lot of maplers who got ban "ALOT" and it gets me mad as well as a lot of those people invested so much into the game only to be denied it and not even heard.

But I hope you guys get unban and your voices are heard as it's not fair to invest so much into the game to only be ban for whatever the reason is being told.

I never hacked a day in my life and never will but if I logged on to see that I would go off. But yeah hope you guys get the justice you guys deserve.
    EmilenoblePleinairJacaru
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    Thank you so so sooooo sooo much for the update and confirmation they have been working on this. I too had been banned. It's been 5 days now full of barely any sleep and alot of depression. My account means alot to me and my husband. I was on it when I met him over 8 years ago and we are now married in real life and have a 5 month old daughter. She's been acting peculiar as well and I know it's the anxiety I have been experiencing over all this.
    I have been playing for about 13-14 years and never hacked a day in my life, this game holds alot of sentimental value because of meeting my husband in it. Plus honestly I am too lazy to hack lol! I do afk alot though, as I said before I'm a new mommy, I suppose afk is my new middle name :)
    Anyways, thank you again for hearing us out. Does this mean our accounts are available again now if we sent you a ticket?(or in my case many)
    Nairassoyfloating99PleinairWesleyx3PathLoveJacaruTheObservant
  • floating99floating99
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2020
    I felt so desperate and clueless over the last week since the day I got banned for God know what did I do to violet the Rule.
    Gladly the las ticket I send wasn't getting closed and I've been told that the investigation is still ongoing.
    I really hope that this could end soon so I can once again enjoy my beloved world.
    QQNinjatoPleinair
  • rizariza
    edited June 2020
    I guess the voiceless now have voices tanks Nexon for listening to our voice and not leaving us voiceless ;)
    Wesleyx3
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    Reactions: 810
    edited June 2020
    What I dislike the most is the customer support that doesn't want to actually work or put any effort in their job for what they were hired for. As soon as a ticket is too complicated or requires more effort they do their usual copy/paste responses. This gets me furious. They do not care what some people are going thro with false bans. People who spent years of their life time playing the game getting banned for no reason is really painful and depressing.

NairassoyPleinairQQNinjatoWesleyx3PathLoveJacaru
  • rizariza
    edited June 2020
    Novuhz wrote: »
    What I dislike the most is the costumer support that doesn't want to actually work or put any effort in their job for what they were hired for. As soon as a ticket is too complicated or requires more effort they do their usual copy/paste responses. This gets me furious. They do not care what some people are going thro with false bans. People who spent years of their life time playing the game getting banned for no reason is really painful and depressing.

I have seen first hand the anger of some of those players and I can only imagine if those players weren't banned what would have been the reaction of the feeling of that.

Thing is a lot of the hackers are still there and we as the community are getting punished, its not fair to us that we have invested so much and to be treated this way.

We must change this for a better maple and like prevent these things from happening again!
  • wolluswollus
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2020
    Thanks @Ghiblee ,
    He gave me back access to my account, justice was done, thanks to everyone for their contribution in the forum, we listened to our voice, Good luck to you guys if you returned your accounts.

I am Legit Forever !
    I-AM-LEGIT.png
  • TrueSilverWolfTrueSilverWolf
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    I'm glad this issue is being swiftly acknowledged in time, I was falsely banned 2 days ago and I'm hoping to get unban before I miss RISE and Adele events.
    Wesleyx3
  • NairassoyNairassoy
    Reactions: 795
    edited June 2020

This is Sr. GM Kryndax of Nexon Player Support speaking once more.

The access restriction currently affecting this account was put in place after activity similar to that found on confirmed MapleStory hacker accounts was detected on it.

However, in the interest of fairness, all access restrictions are subject to internal review.

Based on our review of this account's game logs, we have deemed the activity that triggered the access restriction to be negligible enough to warrant leniency. As such, we've elected to provide this account with another opportunity to enjoy the game on a benefit-of-the doubt basis.

Therefore, as of this reply, the access restriction has been removed and you should be able to log into the account shortly after receiving this message.

We thank you for your understanding in this matter and do apologize for any inconvenience the loss of access has caused you.

Regards,

Sr. GM Kryndax
    Nexon Player Support

While I am grateful to be unbanned (and I've been playing for a few hours!) I am very annoyed at the email response I got to my ticket.

I don't know if this is what other players got, but this is still insinuating that I did something wrong when really it was a false ban.
    I also don't understand how yesterday what I had (supposedly) done was so severe that I would stay permabanned. Then today they say they're giving me "leniency," like I did something wrong. They still are not owning up to what is wrong with the autoban system and this concerns me.

It's also interesting how 2 of my tickets were immediately turned away, as they said I committed a major problem, but this email says that "all access restrictions are subject to internal review." Why wasn't I subject to that yesterday, "in the interest of fairness?"

I want to feel grateful to have access to the game, but when they are not working on fixing the issues that affect us regular players and false bans it is incredibly concerning.
    Wesleyx3Benippofloating99netanel
  • ElxArkElxArk
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2020
    I'm still waiting on mine :( I hope it's not too long from now. I don't know if Ill be able to finish my maple relay now :\
  • BenippoBenippo
    Reactions: 620
    edited June 2020
    Greetings and thank you for your patience during our review of this appeal.

This is Sr. GM Kryndax of Nexon Player Support speaking.

The access restriction currently affecting this account was put in place in order to allow our MapleStory admin to review its recent trade and auction house activity in a secure and unchanging environment. This review was triggered after detections of potential illegal RMT activity on this account were registered in our in-game security systems.

Unfortunately, per this review, this account has been confirmed to be engaging in the aforementioned RMT activities, including usage of player-to-player trade and the in-game Auction House to conduct mass meso trades with accounts confirmed to be involved in an illegal RMT operation.

As such, we will be closing this ticket as this appeal is now denied.

We apologize for the inconvenience this news causes you, but our users must adhere to our guidelines governing player behavior and any breach of those guidelines will be met with swift discplinary action.

Farewell.

I would really like to know what they're basing whether or not they give you the benefit of the doubt or not. I sold Frenzy Service the same way every other person who does it, also does but I get denied for what reason exactly? Are they still flagging 0 item trades that Frenzy sellers constantly go through as RMT or botting or something?
  • YuaYZXYuaYZX
    Reactions: 100
    I was also wrongfully and falsely banned and would wish to appeal my case. I've contacted many times but I get the same generic response every time. I just want real help and be able to climb my rankings like the old days again. I never hacked a day in my life and I've been playing MS on and off for about 8 years.
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited June 2020
    transparency please! what were the "criteria" for triggering the ban?
    NairassoyElxArk
  • ElxArkElxArk
    edited June 2020
    DiximaN wrote: »
    transparency please! what were the "criteria" for triggering the ban?

At this point I don't care abnout transparency. I just want my account back.
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    I also wanted to inquire about since we had lost days from the relay events (potential maple points) and of course over 6 days of rise coin getting if you all are going to kindly compensate us in any way for this since it wasn't our fault in any way we were banned in the first place and lost that?
    There were quite a few things in the shop I wanted and of course the potion to level to 233 from wasting more coins...
    I'm just saying it would be greatly appreciated if you all did.
  • BloodStyleBloodStyle
    When we will we know the answer? because I present 3 tickets and in 3 I receive the same answer