[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Double Miracle Time Cube Package Limitation

AmyteAmyte
Reactions: 855
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Looking at today's cash shop update, I've noticed that there is a limit on how many packs of cubes you can buy from the upcoming Double Miracle Time sale. However, if you look at similar sales from previous years, there wasn't any of these imposed limitations..

In March 2019 these were the packages that were offered for Double Miracle Time - Adventurers Cube Packs, 30-Cube Packs, 12-Cube Packs, and they had no limits on how many you could buy:
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/45004/daily-deals-cube-packages-and-discount-scrolls

In the Double Miracle Time sale in July 2019, you can see the cube packages also don't have a limitation: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/51162/daily-deals-cube-packages-scissors-of-karma-and-fusion-anvils

And looking back at the cube sale for the last Double Miracle Time, you can see that although the cube packs being offered here are only the 30-packs, there was no limitations on them either: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/54830/update-dec-20-cash-shop-update-for-december-18

None of these sales last year had any restrictions on how many cube packs were able to be bought. If you look at the cube sales from the years before as well, they are also similar in where you have no limits on how many cube packs you can buy.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20420/
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/21125/
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/23680/
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/27164/
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/28569/
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/40789/

So why is it now that there are these limitations? I would like at least an explanation. There shouldn't be limits on the cube packages.

What is your deal, Anna?
MissTerraWONDERGUYmapler7NyvorThatBaldyLostxVyrtaeKrownopdarikTurtlesRockand 1 other.

Comments

• DarkSteveDarkSteve
    Reactions: 110
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the limitation was most likely in response to the increase in meso rate. Because since the meso rate is super high right now, they are most likely under the assumption that people will spend a ton of maple points for the cube packs, hence why the limits.
    WONDERGUY
  • PacoARKsPacoARKs
    Reactions: 360
    edited July 2020
    And why would you make restrictions on reboot? Anna needs to go back to kms
    TurtlesRockBittyJacarumapler7AnEpicSquirrelNyvordarik
  • JeepJitJeepJit
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2020
    Since the sale is limited to 3 per account, why don you guys give 1 week notice ahead instead of 3 days? It's so bad for new players with no farming equip to participate in this event in Reboot.
    TurtlesRockBittymapler7NyvorKrownopIcyMei
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2020
    Players should not have to be responsible for providing links to how unprecedented this is.
    maplestory.nexon.net/news/54853/double-miracle-time-event
    maplestory.nexon.net/news/54022/maplestory-s-2019-black-friday-sales
    maplestory.nexon.net/news/45004/daily-deals-cube-packages-and-discount-scrolls
    maplestory.nexon.net/news/51158/double-miracle-time-event

Ghiblee's responses on discord were as disappointed and disconnected as you might expect.

oEErAMd.png
    53ZyPkt.png
    9QqYwyD.png

And her response to someone doing a quick google search to provide context on what a normal DMT sale is like.
    y1uPqCi.png

Can't say I'm surprised by any of this though. Nexon seems like they want to further slow progression down, despite lowering Exp requirements. Hoping this all backfires on them and whoever is making these asinine decisions gets a reality check, but in all likelihood, players are desperate and will buy off sale.
    ShadEightMissTerramapler7WONDERGUYVyrtaeKrownopdarikIcyMei
  • BittyBitty
    Reactions: 845
    edited July 2020
    Argent wrote: »
    Ghiblee's responses on discord were as disappointed and disconnected as you might expect.

oEErAMd
    53ZyPkt
    9QqYwyD

And her response to someone doing a quick google search to provide context on what a normal DMT sale is like.
    y1uPqCi.png

Can't say I'm surprised by any of this though. Nexon seems like they want to further slow progression down, despite lowering Exp requirements. Hoping this all backfires on them and whoever is making these asinine decisions gets a reality check, but in all likelihood, players are desperate and will buy off sale.

I feel like they are honestly just trying to kill the game at this point in anyway possible and the sad part is it's working the nx updates are good don't get me wrong but all these other things need to be cut it's too much some of us have work and stuff and don't have the free time like this to farm mesos all day just to be able to star force maybe i will finish a gear piece 5 years from now games just not new user friendly anymore.
    mapler7Krownopdarik
  • KureKure
    Reactions: 650
    edited July 2020
    The past Double Miracle Time events did not have a cube package restriction. May we be provided with a reason why a 3 package limit has been imposed this time?

Please remove the 3 package limit for this Double Miracle Time, and do not bring it back in future events.
    WONDERGUYKrownop
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited July 2020
    They just keep limiting more and more stuff, it is a puzzling mystery.
    WONDERGUYKrownopdarik
  • MissTerraMissTerra
    Reactions: 945
    edited July 2020
    Please reconsider making the cube packages unlimited as they have been in the past. There doesn't seem to be any good reason why the sales have to be limited in quantity.
    WONDERGUYdarik
  • maintencemaintence
    Reactions: 760
    I too would like to know why they limited cube packages now. This wasn't a thing in the past Double Miracle Time events so why is this happening now? It really sucks that these changes are being implemented out of nowhere without an explanation.
    WONDERGUY
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2020
    about this DMT.... am not surprised that crafted cubes still dont work on DMT, or that they limit reboot and all that
    but non-reboot... thats surprise for me sure must be mistake about non-reboot right ? lol
    whales cant do their 1k $ cube pack sessions videos now who is going to fund the servers now ?:(
    or maybe just force them to buy more off sale ? hmmmmmm .....

patch-game updates and cs updates competes with eachother who can do worse to the game lol
    cant wait to see familiars fisaco notice
    feels so bad to just watch lately all this but oh well.... i will just continue with my hiatus on the way to 3rd weekend (in before something makes me log for a moment and break the streak )
    darik
  • PepPepsiPepPepsi
    Reactions: 415
    edited July 2020
    Anna please resign and go back to wherever you come from.
    KrownopWONDERGUY
  • FibsFibs
    Reactions: 725
    edited July 2020
    Please remove limit on cube purchases, this is not going to make people play more, but make more people quit lmao
    WONDERGUYdarikIcyMei
  • CelluoseBreakdownCelluoseBreakdown
    Reactions: 615
    edited July 2020
    [Removed]
    WONDERGUY
  • BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
    Reactions: 1,615
    edited July 2020
    Nexon is so spiteful and malicious towards its Reboot player base that they're willing to sacrifice money, the only thing they care about, from cube sale profits in regular servers to discourage Reboot players. They'll either ignore this post entirely or lie about the reason they're doing it like they do with everything else. They're so obsessed with spiting their players at every opportunity that they even ban and lie about ban reasons for people selling frenzy service. Literal psychopaths.
    Krownopmapler7WONDERGUYVyrtaedarik
  • LostxLostx
    Reactions: 1,265
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    maplestory.nexon.net/news/54853/double-miracle-time-event-dec-2019

This is the previous DMT event that happened in December last year (Since we didn't get one in March for some reason). As you can see there's no mention of any kind of limit.

maplestory.nexon.net/news/51162/daily-deals-cube-packages-scissors-of-karma-and-fusion-anvils

Neither was it listed of any type of limit in the previous July DMT .

So it seems very odd for there all of a sudden to be a package limit during this DMT, when previously in the last year the only time we saw limits was from random cube sales that weren't followed by DMT announcement shortly after.
    darik
  • LostxLostx
    Reactions: 1,265
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    It's also odd that our DMT has no mention of it working on Master Craftsman cubes, or Meister cubes, when KMS got the RISE patch their DMT listed that it worked on them.
    d7c52e937c9ba4d0dea4cbb4f07ffb71.png
    WONDERGUYdarik
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2020
    Argent wrote: »

IN BEFORE REMOVAL OF MESO MARKET, no more easy maple points for you lol!
    WONDERGUYBeef
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited July 2020
    Or you'll see a little memo in small print saying you can not longer buy cubes with maple points.
    TerrorStreakmapler7WONDERGUYdarik
  • dollarsdollars
    Reactions: 5
    I want an explanation of why you are limiting the amount of cube sales. You are hurting the player base or is that your goal? If not then, please revert the changes to the sales.
    WONDERGUY
  • exagexag
    Reactions: 120
    This is consistent with the trend we have been seeing lately from GMS: Nerfing content in all aspects (aside from the buffs we get that come from KMS, like decreasing EXP requirements, etc.) but not providing any reason as to why they are doing these things. Like many players have said (and even some Bean Brigade streamers/content makers), it would maybe be fine if they told us why they are making these decisions, but Nexon seems to think otherwise. There is no communication coming from Nexon and they are really alienating their player base. They will continue to lose players if they continue with this trend.

There have also been some 'whales' who have been vocal in saying that they will not be partaking in this DMT since the cube packages are limited. They are going to lose money from this as opposed to other DMTs in the past. I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Nexon doesn't care about GMS because it's where their least amount of profits come from...but wouldn't you still, as a company, want to maximize your profits from GMS even if it is making less than KMS? People save loads of money just in anticipation for DMT, so to come at the player base the week of DMT to tell us that cube packages will be limited is going to make those people who saved very angry; they will feel alienated and potentially leave the game. They're going to lose a lot of money from this year's DMT because of this. But it doesn't stop at DMT...this same communication strategy (or lack thereof) will continue to make players want to leave.

There needs to be some compromise. If you are going to make a drastic change for a major event lik
    MissTerraWONDERGUY