[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DMT server issues were expected and preventable

Moi5tur1z3rMoi5tur1z3r
Reactions: 730
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear Nexon,

We all saw it coming. Server instability has been known throughout the community for months, and DMT is undoubtedly the most anticipated event of the year. Nearly my whole alliance is unable to cube - we can cube once, then we have to change channels every 2 minutes to refresh and try again. Many of us were also disconnected and unable to log back in.

This was easily preventable. I cannot think of a single valid reason why DMT is limited to three one-hour periods throughout the day and not for an entire 24 hours. Perhaps we would still have issues, but everyone would at least be able to cube. There was literally no foreseeable benefit for neither you nor your playerbase. The only difference is that you've now upset at least half the community.

I cannot help but feel incredibly disappointed. Whichever team was responsible for this decision needs a thorough review. I didn't mind the previous maintenance issues over the past few months, and I could understand why the familiar system could've gone wrong. It's not easy to manage this game, and I was fine with the Bebe Boxes I received as compensation. However, the fact that such an OBVIOUS problem was overlooked is completely unacceptable. No compensation will make up for the countless opportunities lost after weeks of saving mesos, other than a second DMT.

Please review your decisions more thoroughly.

Sincerely,
A fan.

FaytNightRainbowYiffSaralielRchrSaavMHCP001_Yuipat159JarbinhasProphetieKrownopand 10 others.

Comments

• HeeroOfLightHeeroOfLight
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2020
    First two DMT hours I was unable to cube with 99% of the server. Being locked out of using a cube more than one every 10 minutes. Occult cubes work just fine but cash shop cubes don't. We should recieve compensation for this with proper communication so players dont waste their resources outside of event time.
    IcyMei
  • JewelJewJewelJew
    Reactions: 670
    edited July 2020
    Bought plenty of cubes, and first hour of DMT - completely crushed and couldn't log back in. The second hour of DMT - didn't get any DC, but could use only 11 black cubes at the whole DMT. This is something that never happened to me, in any DMT.
    IcyMei
  • DaguyDaguy
    Reactions: 520
    edited July 2020
    This is actually pathetic. Nexon knew this was coming, the players saw it coming, hell anyone who was sentient would have seen this coming. There is honestly nothing left to say this just make me want to quit and I think I will
  • RainbowYiffRainbowYiff
    Reactions: 985
    edited July 2020
    Big agree to this.
  • DaguyDaguy
    Reactions: 520
    edited July 2020
    The 3 1-hour DMT slots doesn't work. No one on reboot can get more than a few cubes in at best if any. No one can login. No one can buy cubes. Please at least give the players a chance to use their cubes bought to cube properly
  • MushroomBoyMushroomBoy
    Reactions: 310
    edited July 2020
    More people need to voice their opinion about this issue. Many maplers spent hours and hours farming meso in reboot just for this event and some aren't even able to log on. For the lucky people that were already logged in, for the entire hour of DMT i've only been able to use 6 cubes this is ridiculous. Are you kidding me, only 6 cubes. BEBEBOX IS NOT AN APPROPRIATE COMPENSATION FOR THIS. If nexon knows that their servers don't have the capacity to handle events like this they should just not do the events in the first place. This experience was worse than not having the event.
  • JarbinhasJarbinhas
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2020
    This was a joke. Please make a DMT arrangement that doesn't put a strain on the already unstable servers.

Hope we get a second shot with this DMT.
  • IndictedIndicted
    Reactions: 100
    I have over 400 cubes, and haven't been able to use one... This is **** ridiculous. I'm so absolutely floored right now.
  • KickinDilKickinDil
    Reactions: 200
    Absolutely ridiculous. I was only able to get 1 cube off. Nexon fix your game

• TheTacoManTheTacoMan
    Reactions: 640
    Last night's DMT crashed the cash shop, and this afternoons didn't work at all. I came back to this game after a 4 year hiatus and I get bro
  • Silverk42Silverk42
    I agree with your statements and am thoroughly dissapointed.
  • lem0ncclem0ncc
    +1

They complain about not having enough users yet do nothing about the most obvious issues. Just keep spending money on ads to attract users only to disappoint them.
  • SaavSaav
    Reactions: 205
    Getting through 8 cubes out of 300 I bought in anticipation for this event is unacceptable. A Bebe Box Compensation would not even come close to the benefit lost from an unplayable double miracle event. Many players like myself have waited months for this event, it is really upsetting to now experience this.
  • Jazzijeff22Jazzijeff22
    edited July 2020
    I was planning on making my emblem legendary today with this DMT event, but as it turns out, no one can freaking cube, every time I cube it freezes the cubes and everything I click on.. then the servers are full like wtf this is why people quit this game. It's not fun anymore, and when I think of trying out a new class that looks interesting to me, baaamm!!! This bs happens. Sorry, not sorry, done with this game for good.
  • Silverk42Silverk42
    edited July 2020
    This is really simple, if your servers can't handle all the DMT activity within one hour, THEN DON'T MAKE DMT ONLY LAST ONE HOUR. If DMT lasted a whole day then this issue may be resolved. Everyone I know has only used ~7-8 cubes in 33 minutes. That is atrocious.
  • MattBrozMattBroz
    edited July 2020
    Im only able to cube once every 3 mins.
  • RainbowYiffRainbowYiff
    Reactions: 985
    edited July 2020
    yes
  • KibbIeruKibbIeru
    Reactions: 540
    edited July 2020
    So I can't say this for sure as I have not experienced DMTs prior to this, but I feel like the entire design of this event was literally aimed to directly blow up the servers. LIKE ANYBODY could have saw this coming, who thought it was a good idea to have:
    -Cube sale 30 min before DMT
    -DMT only in 1 hour intervals

Like why? Surely you guys know your servers CANNOT handle the large influx of players, so WHY design the event to bottleneck players to such short timespans????

You have a limit on the cube sale anyways so why not just make DMT all day? or even all THREE days corresponding with the cube sale?

Edit: I know you guys may not have 100% control on what to do but can we get at least SOME form of response from the CMs?
    TitoKRIcyMei
  • EikaheEikahe
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited July 2020
    KibbIeru wrote: »
    So I can't say this for sure as I have not experienced DMTs prior to this, but I feel like the entire design of this event was literally aimed to directly blow up the servers. LIKE ANYBODY could have saw this coming, who thought it was a good idea to have:

Like why? Surely you guys know your servers CANNOT handle the large influx of players, so WHY design the event to bottleneck players to such short timespans????

You have a limit on the cube sale anyways so why not just make DMT all day? or even all THREE days corresponding with the cube sale?

Edit: I know you guys may not have 100% control on what to do but can we get at least SOME form of response from the CMs?

They make it one hour segments to push people to spend through a fear of missing out and predatory timegating so they make as much profit as possible from the cubes. Limiting the amount purchased is not only to slow down progression but to incentivize non-Reboot servers to spend more money chasing tier ups within that single hour window. It's specifically created to incite panic buying and the limited sales are to try and mitigate people progressing "faster" than they want them to on Reboot.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Eikahe wrote: »
    KibbIeru wrote: »

They make it one hour segments to push people to spend through a fear of missing out and predatory timegating so they make as much profit as possible from the cubes. Limiting the amount purchased is not only to slow down progression but to incentivize non-Reboot servers to spend more money chasing tier ups within that single hour window. It's specifically created to incite panic buying and the limited sales are to try and mitigate people progressing "faster" than they want them to on Reboot.

Very similar to a limited or special release of physical goods. People in-line or at the store are often left missing out because of huge crowds or complications arising.
    There's certainly a reason from Nexon's perspective to do things like this, but I have to agree, seems a bit too greedy and players suffer because of it.

If the cubes on sale are limited anyway, shouldn't the time be increased? Perhaps if Nexon wishes to control the progress made during DMT that much, they could add special "DMT Cubes' that they sell all week, giving people plenty of time to buy their limit and not straining the severs to hell and back.
    Nexon gets their controlled progression while more people get the chance to actually use the event.
    IcyMei