[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Issues and Server Instability during DMT 7/4

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited July 2020 in Announcements
Hi Maplers,

We would like to inform you that we are aware of the current issues and server instability during DMT in the Reboot world.
We are experiencing a higher volume of players than anticipated for the event.

We apologize for the inconvenience you may be experiencing.

Comments

• RyannCeeRyannCee
    Reactions: 805
    edited July 2020
    So... No compensation or plan of action?
    HeeroOfLightSnickyOWEfsfsMrDuganAKPolaB3arKesuemaKrownopmapler7iLikeRichCloTurtlesRockand 3 others.
  • SnickySnicky
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited July 2020
    Well seems we just get a simply sorry and that be it [ for now ? ] . If they gonna treat Reboot players just as they did with MS2 , it gonna end up just as bad eventually . Still might take a while but , I camefrom MS2 and gave MS1 a try , I lost 22 mil mesos for trying to buy just 1 single cube in cahsshop but it crashed , and the mesos afterwards where gone but the cube was not in my cashshop inventory nor in my game inventory . Later after DMT I did get my cube by paying another 22 mil because just wanted to have to experience anyway ones and not in DMT since that was just horrible seen all lag ect .
    But simple said I am not going to buy any stuff for any event again like DMT if this is just working so bad it is doomed to fail for most of us .
    They just have to work on the server stability before they even do such events or even think of any compensation [ since in my opinion if they would say 2x exp event or sort of and so many log into the game the lag makes it just as bad .
    Adding more server for the summer made it even more worse in my eyes .
    HeeroOfLightmapler7TurtlesRockKuronekonovaWesleyx3
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited July 2020
    " We are experiencing a higher volume of players than anticipated for the event. "

You can't be serious... This happens every DMT and nobody ever learns...
    HeeroOfLightProphetieKrownopOWEfsfsArgentWONDERGUYSilverk42KavynaKesuemamapler7and 5 others.
  • HeeroOfLightHeeroOfLight
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2020
    Deletion of posts asking for compensation as well. Bebe box compensation isn't enough to keep the player base happy. I hope your team chooses well on how to handle this compensation, unless will have another Maplestory 2 catastrophe where its 1 bad choice after another until the server dies out. This is a terrible experience for brand new players and hope there is some investment in the server capacity and quality going forward.
    SnickyOWEfsfsiLikeRichCloTurtlesRockKuronekonovaWesleyx3
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2020
    Deletion of posts asking for compensation as well. Bebe box compensation isn't enough to keep the player base happy. I hope your team chooses well on how to handle this compensation, unless will have another Maplestory 2 catastrophe where its 1 bad choice after another until the server dies out. This is a terrible experience for brand new players and hope there is some investment in the server capacity and quality going forward.

No posts on the forum have been deleted. There is an open thread asking for compensation here:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/28790/demanding-compensation-for-first-dmt-cube-sale/p1

Multiple ranting threads were merged together into a single thread, which is still open.
    Fuhreak
  • HeeroOfLightHeeroOfLight
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2020
    Neospector wrote: »

No posts on the forum have been deleted. There is an open thread asking for compensation here:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/28790/demanding-compensation-for-first-dmt-cube-sale/p1

Multiple ranting threads were merged together into a single thread, which is still open.

Well before you go on with that, here you go: https://imgur.com/a/uSQwNTv

I posted a thread explaining a bug involving the inability to cube. I had then inserted a poll about whether there should be compensation for such a bug. As you can see from the attached photos my thread was deleted. The post had a few interactions and comments as well. Maybe there should be a better form of communication between moderators if they aren't aware of deletion of threads.
    pat159Silverk42OWEfsfsWONDERGUYKavynaiLikeRichClo
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2020
    Well before you go on with that, here you go: https://imgur.com/a/uSQwNTv

I posted a thread explaining a bug involving the inability to cube. I had then inserted a poll about whether there should be compensation for such a bug. As you can see from the attached photos my thread was deleted. The post had a few interactions and comments as well. Maybe there should be a better form of communication between moderators if they aren't aware of deletion of threads.

I don't see any such threads in the changelogs.
    It's possible your thread was merged and someone forgot to leave a redirection link, but I can verify that it wasn't outright deleted, at least by any normal means.
  • PathUndefinedPathUndefined
    Reactions: 260
    edited July 2020
    Reschedule dmt for next week without time gated should be the compensation
    RainbowYiffHeeroOfLightiLikeRichCloTurtlesRockKuronekonovaTitoKR
  • KibbIeruKibbIeru
    Reactions: 540
    edited July 2020
    So.. nothing's going to be done about it?

cube sale limitations
    4 cubes per hour..

easily worst dmt yet
    Krownoppat159ThatRandomShadeRainbowYiffHeeroOfLightmapler7iLikeRichCloTurtlesRockKuronekonovaWONDERGUYand 1 other.
  • pat159pat159
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited July 2020
    Nexon: we don't care if you can't participate deal with it if you're not one of the few who can cube. Think i will compensate you? haha keep on dreaming!

Nexon literally ****'s in our faces and doesn't give a damn about it's player base's satisfaction
    Silverk42mapler7
  • DaguyDaguy
    Reactions: 520
    edited July 2020
    This is honestly pathetic, I've played since 2006 and this is the first time I've been so disappointed that I made a forum account to express my dissatisfaction.
    ProphetieHeeroOfLightAirtommapler7iLikeRichCloKuronekonovaTitoKR
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited July 2020
    It's still happening on the third session. Yeah Great DMT.
    HeeroOfLightmapler7iLikeRichCloTurtlesRockKuronekonova
  • pat159pat159
    edited July 2020
    DMT = double misery time
    Nexon is the definition of bad execution, bad employees and disappointment
    mapler7TurtlesRock
  • minhypoominhypoo
    Reactions: 540
    edited July 2020
    Happens twice a year. Most populated event for reboot and this is unacceptable. Wished more details are shown on how Nexon will react to this. People are outraged. Lost mesos, cubes, and time.
    iZallenRainbowYiffHeeroOfLightTurtlesRock
  • FaytNightFaytNight
    Reactions: 640
    edited July 2020
    In the first 2 DMT and now 24 minutes into the 3rd session I've been able to cube a total of 13 times. I bought all 180 sale cubes to tier up my new Adele character and haven't been able to achieve anything because of how this event was handled and the inability of the servers to handle Reboot population. If I had known something like this was going to happen I would of just bought the sale cubes and rolled my main for stat. Anything less than another DMT that is long enough to not bottle neck the players into a single time is unacceptable in my opinion. I hope you take your response to this seriously and take appropriate action. I've been playing since 2007 and never has a DMT been this bad. Considering the current overpopulation in Reboot from Summer and Covid19 I feel it should of been obvious trying to hold an event like DMT in 1 hour windows was a bad idea. I still hold out hope that you will fix this and will save my 167 of 180 cubes I bought on sale for an upcoming DMT before they expire.
    pat159ProphetieRainbowYiffKavynaHeeroOfLightmapler7iLikeRichCloTurtlesRockKuronekonovaTitoKR
  • iZalleniZallen
    Reactions: 555
    edited July 2020
    This is also affecting the client log-in servers; for the horrible coincidence of disconnecting, but having play a normal server instead of Reboot.
    ProphetieHeeroOfLightmapler7TurtlesRockKuronekonova
  • DefectiveBlueDefectiveBlue
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited July 2020
    I am pretty close to dropping this game. I am unable to click off of the Sunny Sunday Pop-up. This game breaks in the dumbest ways during vital ingame moments such as d/cing throughout bossing, insane lag during Spirit Savior, even more disconnects from Dream Defender as well which if you are going to have Hungry Muto have redo's why are the other ones not the same? Now DMT and I can't click off the dumb Sunny Sunday Interface. If there's no compensation for this, if there's no other DMT held as a result I will officially wash my hands clean of this game. Get it together Nexon.
    pat159mapler7TurtlesRockTitoKR
  • pat159pat159
    edited July 2020
    FaytNight wrote: »
    In the first 2 DMT and now 24 minutes into the 3rd session I've been able to cube a total of 13 times. I bought all 180 sale cubes to tier up my new Adele character and haven't been able to achieve anything because of how this event was handled and the inability of the servers to handle Reboot population. If I had known something like this was going to happen I would of just bought the sale cubes and rolled my main for stat. Anything less than another DMT that is long enough to not bottle neck the players into a single time is unacceptable in my opinion. I hope you take your response to this seriously and take appropriate action. I've been playing since 2007 and never has a DMT been this bad. Considering the current overpopulation in Reboot from Summer and Covid19 I feel it should of been obvious trying to hold an event like DMT in 1 hour windows was a bad idea. I still hold out hope that you will fix this and will save my 167 of 180 cubes I bought on sale for an upcoming DMT before they expire.

i totally agree with him, there will be no other kind of compensation that can be acceptable. I don't even understand how you can be this incompetent in holding an event and forseeing such a s**tshow when you had to increase the channel count due to overpopulation. Where in your right mind did you actually think at any second of your life that have only three windows of 1h for dmt was a good idea? Please who ever thought this was a good idea needs to find a new job and get us someone competent to do the job properly. Thank you

Edit: Also how will we be compensated for the cubes that just disappeared? tons of people in my alliance are having that happen too, you use the cube, stats dont change but the count on the stack goes down
    Silverk42TurtlesRock
  • MrDuganMrDugan
    Reactions: 740
    edited July 2020
    I bought all the cubes in the sale and haven't been able to get through a single stack of them over the course of ALL 3 DMT hours.

The bottom line is simple: This event failed. Miserably.

We can only hope Nexon takes ownership and compensates appropriately.
    pat159HeeroOfLightiLikeRichCloL4d2jpn
  • pat159pat159
    edited July 2020
    either give us a 24hour dmt day or give us hundreds of free cubes to make up for it, that'll come out to same as double tier up rate in the end...
    HeeroOfLightKrownopiLikeRichCloTitoKR