[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Issues and Server Instability during DMT 7/4

Comments

• ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited July 2020
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    We are experiencing a higher volume of players than anticipated for the event. .

I'd rather be lied to than this be true
    There's no way Nexon can be THIS disconnected from the game and the community.
    Players plan their progression with this event in mind, ready to wait six months for one.

Can we at least get an explanation for the limitation on cube packages and the one hour format?
    Don't we deserve to be told we will get a proper compensation?
    HeeroOfLightmapler7RainbowYiffTurtlesRockAKPolaB3arWONDERGUYIcyMei
  • HeeroOfLightHeeroOfLight
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2020
    Axtox wrote: »
    Bad DMT experience... decided to leave mid DMT since i couldnt do anything. Today my character is FROZEN. i cant CC, cant write, cant even click on anything. Whats all that about? IGN Darkarox

A friend of mine had this problem. I summoned him using guild summon then had him reinstall his client and it worked. For what ever reason, cubing during dmt made a graphical bug on two of his characters (and only those two) and bricked him on lock in.
    TurtlesRock
  • TheObservantTheObservant
    Reactions: 630
    edited July 2020
    While I understand that Nexon might be working out the best course of action to address this, resulting in the delay in a compensation announcement we're all waiting for, what makes no sense is "We are experiencing a higher volume of players than anticipated for the event."

This is why everyone thinks Nexon doesn't actually play the game and is disconnected from the playerbase. Log on to Reboot for any time limited event like 2x or DMT and you'll see that the servers are bursting at the seams from the sheer number of players. There's a line between expected lag during those events and people getting error messages left and right, people being unable to leave their maps, channels crashing, the entire game crashing, and people being unable to log in because of "the server is full" or "this ID is already logged in" popups.

If Reboot had been relatively lag free and less populated the last few months or so then yes, this would be unexpected. But the players saw this coming. We see it coming every time there's an event that requires large amounts of people log in at the same time. How did Nexon not see this coming? This lack of foresight wouldn't have happened if Nexon knew how packed the servers are, especially during events.

And while we're on the subject can we remove those miracle time blessing messages? All they do is clog up the chat and add to the lag. No one cares about them and they don't add anything valuable.
    IcyMei
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    While I understand that Nexon might be working out the best course of action to address this.

Anything that they've been silent about is now gone. This is mainly the reason why I participated in the DMT on Bera. After this one, we can expect this to never return ever again.
    mapler7WONDERGUY
  • freedompiefreedompie
    Reactions: 420
    edited July 2020
    So it's been 24 hours and still no official acknowledgement that DMT didn't work as intended. I understand it's the long weekend, but at least acknowledge this failure,
    WONDERGUY
  • LighterDaysLighterDays
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited July 2020
    I think a meso compensation box worth 100m per day on reboot forcing people to play another 30 days to get the full 3b for the 2x cube rate to compensate the price of cubes missed out would be decent compensation. Basically free ursus daily
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited July 2020
    Hi Maplers,

We would like to inform you that we are still in discussion with our team concerning the recent DMT issues in the Reboot World.
    We apologize for the delay. It has not been forgotten but the discussion, as well as the investigation, is taking more time.
    We will provide an update as soon as we can.
  • GAMBlTGAMBlT
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited July 2020
    I just hope that this discussion yields a LOGICAL solution. Like if the problem was that DMT on Reboot was basically unplayable, I would think the solution should be to have another DMT which is playable. People who are suggesting compensation with money or cubes are kind of missing the point.
    AKPolaB3arProphetieTheObservant
  • IcyMeiIcyMei
    Reactions: 455
    edited July 2020
    I feel like another DMT to make up for the initial failed DMT is kind of a no brainer. That's the least they can do with how terrible it turned out this year. However, majority of the people are probably concerned that even with another DMT, the same issue will occur which would only piss everyone off more. On the second hand, its only logical to compensate players for the inconvenience with cubes over a failed cubing event.
  • BlindLITEBlindLITE
    Reactions: 220
    edited July 2020
    Literally 24 hour DMT for Compensation of all 3 period being botched. An a compensation of 30 Red or Black Cubes for the Cash Shop being botched before the first DMT started.
  • JDMxBOYJDMxBOY
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2020
    I was able to get in 6 cubes during the second DMT. It was horrendous. I decided to just use the rest of my cubes when it WASN'T during DMT as I felt I had no choice and robbed of my chance to actually improve my gear in Reboot.
  • Luminous0014Luminous0014
    Reactions: 1,055
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    BlindLITE wrote: »
    Literally 24 hour DMT for Compensation of all 3 period being botched. An a compensation of 30 Red or Black Cubes for the Cash Shop being botched before the first DMT started.

The 24hr DMT is probably what most people is looking for as a replacement of the failed DMT. But the only problem with that is still server instability. It could possibly be keeping at the rate of 1 cube/10 mins for the whole day if they can not come up with a solution to the lag.
    WONDERGUYIcyMei
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    edited July 2020
    Hello Maplers,

Another update!
    We are still looking into the technical problems that initiated the issues experienced in Reboot during our recent DMT event, as well as exploring several options to better compensate Reboot players. We are aware players are waiting for updates regarding the matter and we apologize for the delay. We will try to provide more detailed information in our next announcement.

Thank you for your patience.
    GAMBlTWesleyx3ProphetieAKPolaB3ar
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020
    How much of the waiting is on the part of Korea here? Unless you're not able to say.
  • MouseyyyMouseyyy
    Reactions: 250
    edited July 2020
    Don't support Nexon. They simply do not care. Just stating the obvious. Also, why are they not doing anything? They are seeing how this whole mess plays out. "Will players still buy NX despite poor player experience?" YES they are. That's why Nexon treats their players like trash. Don't buy NX guys!!!!!
  • venshinvenshin
    Reactions: 530
    edited July 2020
    Two days since the last "update" and almost a week since failed DMT, and we still don't know what is going to happen, feels bad man.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    edited July 2020
    We just posted a Maple Memo announcing DMT event on July 18 for NA Reboot world.
    Please click here for more information: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/59264/maple-memo-july-double-miracle-time-july-10
    venshiniLikeRichCloAKPolaB3ar
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020
    Honestly I'm more interested in the burning world coming in v215.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2020
    "code optimization with our next maintenance"

finaly we can see actuall attempt to fix real issues instead of amount of players blames thats allready on lowest ever been...
    kudos for the dev person who is going to attempt that with such a broken spaghetti code client
    good luck
  • iLikeRichCloiLikeRichClo
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited July 2020
    I just wanted to say thank you to the team who put this together and fought for a second DMT for us reboot players. Thank you for listening to our feedback, especially Ghiblee and Anna, but also to the unseen team. I'm really excited, and hopefully this one goes smoothly!