[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Where's Anna?

iMrChiefyiMrChiefy
Reactions: 650
edited July 2020 in Rants and Raves
Theres 100% no point in writing this post because none of our feedback or suggestions ever get implemented but im writing it anyway.

Firstly i wanna say, nexon needs to htfu and sell their shares to whoevers offering while theres still a fighting chance for this game and its community.
Secondly once they do sell their shares they can take Anna with them coz she does jack but implement content that no one ever wanted or asked for.
Where is anna? How many times have you seen those words on a post?
She ruins our game like she ruined ems and goes a-wall. How many servers does ems have now after shes worked there? Exactly

Dont come over here and start throwing kms in our faces. we don't want it, our game was better off when you werent apart of it. Go back to the servers you killed already. Or at the very least, ask the community what they would like implemented. Dont just change things.

Words from Anna herself: What I want to tell our players is that maintaining a stable and enjoyable service will be our top priority so we will do our best to stabilize the game environment and to update our game with exciting contents as well as to provide information that can help our players to understand our direction. We will also consider all the various angles when we make decisions.
really anna? Doesnt seem like it. Actually seems like the opposite. Havent seen a word from you since that post.

Lets have a look at what anna's done for us so far shall we?

How many legit players were falsely banned recently?

How many people were banned before suicide kanna was deemed an exploit?

I have muscle memory of how i do gollux. years worth of muscle memory. And all of those strategies dont work anymore so all thats left is exploiting iframes to avoid his mechanics, which is something i cant even do because my ping is like 150, im dead before i even see his hand come up without fail. Cant jump down anymore through his hand because Anna. Cant lay down to avoid it either, coz Anna

Want a potable badge for your new char? Too bad, coz Anna.

Thanks anna! Love what youre doing mate. Keep at it, keep providing our game with exciting new "contents" and stabilisation. Even though you literally encourage players to afk on the servers that are run on windows 98. Youre really making sure its enjoyable for us!

Wheres familiars? Been gone since april. No words spoken about how theyre fixing what never needed to be fixed in the first place.

Wanna kishin for your friends so they can level their mules faster?

How about starting a beast tamer?

Ever seen a nexon employee post on your discussions? Neither have i

I bet you could guess every word of the reply i got after sending a ticket about suggestions or feedback about the game.

Theres even a reddit for maplestory, any nexon employees there? Nope. Its filled with memes and complaints about how bad they are as a company.

The relationship between nexon and its community is so bad that they had to implement a rule that we cant "crusade" against them. I mean damn nexon cmon. How about YOU stop crusading against US and leave since you give 0 F's about what we want.

Nexon literally has people crashing cars into their building, wanting to sue them for false bans and instant closed tickets. Like what is it gonna take for nexon to be like okay, yeah enough is enough we need to listen to our players? If someone crashing a car into your building isnt enough for you to make changes then theres no hope.

WONDERGUYLWayradarikOkitsMs

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2020
    The subreddit used to be an official social platform before it was dropped due to toxicity among its userbase. This occurred a few years ago at this point, I'm unsure of the exact date.
    The subreddit is still monitored, despite the numerous doxx and death threats in the comments.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Neospector wrote: »
    The subreddit used to be an official social platform before it was dropped due to toxicity among its userbase. This occurred a few years ago at this point, I'm unsure of the exact date.
    The subreddit is still monitored, despite the numerous doxx and death threats in the comments.

That's not at all what happened.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/76w3j7/we_are_leaving_the_fansite_program/

Nexon didn't want to allow datamining discussions, and the pros for being an affiliated fansite were/are less than compelling.
    FuhreakJettLuvsU
  • SengaraSengara
    Reactions: 990
    edited July 2020
    Still no word on the false bans either. I am a longtime player, who got banned after charging karma koin for dmt. They said i was using third party tools, but i know its a bs claim. I have two mains that i have been working on for years. I literally got banned for third party tool use while cubing at miracle time. I have not been unbanned, and they keep changing the accusations, and deleting the evidence pictures out of the ticket, almost like they want me to give up and stop trying. But im going to keep running my mouth until enough people notice, or I can get some help. This is 1000000% unacceptable. I want my voice actually heard. I dont hack, I dont cheat, I dont need to.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited July 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/76w3j7/we_are_leaving_the_fansite_program/

Nexon didn't want to allow datamining discussions, and the pros for being an affiliated fansite were/are less than compelling.

You're right, I'm sorry, I was mistaken.

Regardless, it used to be an official social platform, and it isn't now, which is why Nexon staff aren't frequenting it.
    Again, doxx and death threats notwithstanding.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020

You're right, I'm sorry, I was mistaken.

Regardless, it used to be an official social platform, and it isn't now, which is why Nexon staff isn't frequenting it.
    Again, doxx and death threats notwithstanding.

Also not entirely true. Arwoo was still fairly active on reddit even after the decision. Ghiblee also made an effort but then disappeared from it for several months recently which is why people have noted her absence.
    And reddit is also moderated with a similar set of rules as any other forum, so it's not like doxx- and death threats are allowed or endorsed on the platform. I've also seen your posts on said subreddit (and on this forum), you're not above the toxicity you're so easily crediting the rest of the userbase for.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited July 2020
    Also not entirely true. Arwoo was still fairly active on reddit even after the decision. Ghiblee also made an effort but then disappeared from it for several months recently which is why people have noted her absence.
    And reddit is also moderated with a similar set of rules as any other forum, so it's not like doxx- and death threats are allowed or endorsed on the platform. I've also seen your posts on said subreddit (and on this forum), you're not above the toxicity you're so easily crediting the rest of the userbase for.

The posts on said subreddit, which I haven't been on in around two years and never even came close to death or doxx threats?

I understand you want to be mad, and I understand you want to defend the subreddit, but the behavior they're exhibiting is inexcusable regardless of how angry they are.
    It's hard to justify going onto a platform where going onto a platform either results in downvotes, insults of varying levels, and/or flat-out illegal harassment. I'm—somehow—lucky and haven't received the brunt of the harassment, and I still have multiple DMs calling me racial slurs.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020
    For what it's worth, there was apparently attempted doxxing on the subreddit in the wake of the dmt cluster**** and, to the credit of the subreddit mods, it was dealt with fairly quickly.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020

The posts on said subreddit, which I haven't been on in around two years and never even came close to death or doxx threats?

I understand you want to be mad, and I understand you want to defend the subreddit, but the behavior they're exhibiting is inexcusable regardless of how angry they are.
    It's hard to justify going onto a platform where going onto a platform either results in downvotes, insults of varying levels, and/or flat-out illegal harassment. I'm—somehow—lucky and haven't received the brunt of the harassment, and I still have multiple DMs calling me racial slurs.

No, no. I was just saying that your posts have been toxic and needlessly antagonistic as well, in response to your original claim that the subreddit userbase was so toxic that Nexon had to cut ties, with the implication that it's an unmoderated cesspool that you want no part of and are an innocent bystander to.
    You're for some reason immediately jumping to the conclusion that I'm somehow "mad" as well. I don't believe that was implied anywhere in my posts so far, and it's certainly not the case. I only take issue with you making blanket statements that confirm your own bias, and spreading misinformation based on it.
    If you haven't been on the subreddit for 2 years, then don't make claims that Nexon hasn't frequented it during that time.
    I'm just pointing out the false information in your posts and suggesting you look at it more objectively, whether you now personally dislike the platform and the community on there or not.

Nexon has and should still be active on the subreddit.
    But regarding OP's suggestion; Anna being more public could be both good and bad, especially if the rumors about a language barrier are true. SavageAce was somewhat involved outside of memos. It did give the sense that the memos and decisions weren't as disconnected, since we had an idea of who was behind them and that he in turn also had an idea of what the community was like.
    Which could also be seen as good or bad, depending on the content of the memo.
    In many cases the cause of any outrage seems to be the lack of sufficient communication and foresight on Nexon's part. This could and should have been avoided, as with many issues in the past.

As for KMS content or "cloning", I'm starting to side with @Fuhreak in that it could be beneficial if implemented carefully. But so far Nexon has failed in doing so, and they've instead been hastily putting together and launching non-KMS content that everyone knows is prone to breaking the game. Again, a lack of foresight in many cases.
    iMrChiefyFuhreakJettLuvsU
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2020
    where is ghiblee aswell...
    other then robotic generated messages on forum and reddit and excuse like " is beyond Community Manager's capabilities"
    and the streams what happend ?
    from weekly streams -> every other week (bi weekly) -> to streams for PR only once in a while like promote "big" updates -> no streams

MEMOs become true MEME-Os
    we still dont know anna and ghiblee and we dont see them either talk to us ( other then general template generated responses from ghiblee )
    it was not the case when aru and savageace did communicate with us
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    other then robotic generated messages on forum and reddit and excuse like " is beyond Community Manager's capabilities"
    from weekly streams -> every other week (bi weekly) -> to streams for PR only once in a while like promote "big" updates -> no streams

I don't know why I'm wasting my time on you, but she hasn't been streaming because the majority of the office staff are working from home due to the covid-19 pandemic, and she's said on at least two occasions that I've seen that her home network connection is not sufficient for streaming.
    Fuhreak
  • LWayraLWayra
    Reactions: 645
    edited July 2020
    False prohitions not resolved!
    It is unfortunate what many legitimate players are going through and to this day we have no solid answers that back up their "PROHIBITIONS".
    Who is Anna?
    I found out that it solved the DMT issue for people who playing in the Reboot world and I'm glad.
    but ....
    Can't she/he also solve the problem of False prohibition?
    There are legitimate players who are still banned for more than 7 months.
    We are not asking for forgiveness!
    We are demanding attention and justice.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2020
    iMrChiefy wrote: »
    Theres 100% no point in writing this post because none of our feedback or suggestions ever get implemented but im writing it anyway.

Firstly i wanna say, nexon needs to htfu and sell their shares to whoevers offering while theres still a fighting chance for this game and its community.
    Secondly once they do sell their shares they can take Anna with them coz she does jack but implement content that no one ever wanted or asked for.
    Where is anna? How many times have you seen those words on a post?
    She ruins our game like she ruined ems and goes a-wall. How many servers does ems have now after shes worked there? Exactly

Dont come over here and start throwing kms in our faces. we don't want it, our game was better off when you werent apart of it. Go back to the servers you killed already. Or at the very least, ask the community what they would like implemented. Dont just change things.

Words from Anna herself: What I want to tell our players is that maintaining a stable and enjoyable service will be our top priority so we will do our best to stabilize the game environment and to update our game with exciting contents as well as to provide information that can help our players to understand our direction. We will also consider all the various angles when we make decisions.
    really anna? Doesnt seem like it. Actually seems like the opposite. Havent seen a word from you since that post.

Lets have a look at what anna's done for us so far shall we?

How many legit players were falsely banned recently?

How many people were banned before suicide kanna was deemed an exploit?

I have muscle memory of how i do gollux. years worth of muscle memory. And all of those strategies dont work anymore so all thats left is exploiting iframes to avoid his mechanics, which is something i cant even do because my ping is like 150, im dead before i even see his hand come up without fail. Cant jump down anymore through his hand because Anna. Cant lay down to avoid it either, coz Anna

Want a potable badge for your new char? Too bad, coz Anna.

Thanks anna! Love what youre doing mate. Keep at it, keep providing our game with exciting new "contents" and stabilisation. Even though you literally encourage players to afk on the servers that are run on windows 98. Youre really making sure its enjoyable for us!

Wheres familiars? Been gone since april. No words spoken about how theyre fixing what never needed to be fixed in the first place.

Wanna kishin for your friends so they can level their mules faster?

How about starting a beast tamer?

Ever seen a nexon employee post on your discussions? Neither have i

I bet you could guess every word of the reply i got after sending a ticket about suggestions or feedback about the game.

Theres even a reddit for maplestory, any nexon employees there? Nope. Its filled with memes and complaints about how bad they are as a company.

The relationship between nexon and its community is so bad that they had to implement a rule that we cant "crusade" against them. I mean damn nexon cmon. How about YOU stop crusading against US and leave since you give 0 F's about what we want.

Nexon literally has people crashing cars into their building, wanting to sue them for false bans and instant closed tickets. Like what is it gonna take for nexon to be like okay, yeah enough is enough we need to listen to our players? If someone crashing a car into your building isnt enough for you to make changes then theres no hope.

Crashign in the building? Suing them? The **** is wrong with people, is a game ffs. Chill out. If you dont like the changes just quity and find a better game. There are hundreds of thousands of games out there that are 1) less pay to win and 2) way cheaper and more enjoyable .
    WONDERGUYJettLuvsUCandiez
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2020

we still dont know anna and ghiblee and we dont see them either talk to us ( other then general template generated responses from ghiblee )

i agree, shouldnt memos be about the issues that the game has and how they are trying to fix them? Or about communicating why they are nerfing certain stuff and buffing another. Memos shouldnt be about future events since we got KMS , which is 6 months ahead, we know whats comming in the next months, so its not useful at all to make a memo about future events. Id rather see one where they cover why they nerfed kishin, acknowledging the fact that people is pissed off by that, what are they doing to deal with hackers, talk about the normal servers economy being weird these days, considering lowering starforcing prices, etc etc.
    WONDERGUY
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited July 2020
    darik wrote: »

i agree, shouldnt memos be about the issues that the game has and how they are trying to fix them? Or about communicating why they are nerfing certain stuff and buffing another. Memos shouldnt be about future events since we got KMS , which is 6 months ahead, we know whats comming in the next months, so its not useful at all to make a memo about future events. Id rather see one where they cover why they nerfed kishin, acknowledging the fact that people is pissed off by that, what are they doing to deal with hackers, talk about the normal servers economy being weird these days, considering lowering starforcing prices, etc etc.

yea :(
    ghib needs to get back on streams with nexon team and anna
    been a while and we still dont know them or seen much, just PR content cs updates streams awhile ago ...
    we need back community events with GM's etc etc

is shame to find things from data miners or hackers instead of nexon themself
    like for example
    1. recent false bans there is bunch of talk-rumors (not sure if am allowed to say them here....)
    of what exactly was the issue and what got alot of maplers false banned

all we got as response from ghib-nexon was :
    "we do not ban players for legitimately using the Frenzy Totem"
    without being specific what does that mean and avoiding the main concerns of selling/buying frenzy service and borrowing/selling/lending frenzy for meso being legal or what etc etc ...

2. new year store not resting or compesation whatsoever
    3. suicide kanna bans before it was announced as illegal and bans not being lifted prior being announced as illegal
    4. community open letters got ignored ...
    5. mapletour in reboot for MP instead of RP
    6. what is the actual kish/fury/wild totem nerf respawn % and time...

and so many other things that we just get over and forgot with each dmt,marvel...
    like is normal and get used to it

darik
  • iMrChiefyiMrChiefy
    Reactions: 650
    edited July 2020
    [/quote]

Crashign in the building? Suing them? The **** is wrong with people, is a game ffs. Chill out. If you dont like the changes just quity and find a better game. There are hundreds of thousands of games out there that are 1) less pay to win and 2) way cheaper and more enjoyable . [/quote]

Easy for you to say when you have a single level 120 character. Maybe 10 hours invested into the game. I have close to 100,000 hours invested into this game and and nearly the same amount in $, so im not going to just quit and move to another game, im going to speak up when i feel the devs arent doing their jobs. A hamster could communicate better than nexon does.
    I dont blame people for driving cars into their building, they deserve far worse imo. This game ruins lives in so many ways and nexon could give 2 F's

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2020
    I have close to 100,000 hours invested into this game and and nearly the same amount in $, so im not going to just quit and move to another game, im going to speak up when i feel the devs arent doing their jobs. A hamster could communicate better than nexon does.
    I dont blame people for driving cars into their building, they deserve far worse imo. This game ruins lives in so many ways and nexon could give 2 F's

100,000 hours is just under 11.5 years. According to google it's roughly 11.415525 years. So unless you've been playing for 16 hours per day, every day, since the game launched, I would ask that you tone down the hyperbole.

And if you really do have "close to" 100,000 hours in this game, and nearly as much money spent, that alludes more to problems you need to address for yourself, rather than pin onto any one entity.
    FuhreakCandiezdarik
  • HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited July 2020

There was a rumor that EA was looking at Maplestory for a time.
    I am not sure a rolling dumpster fire could get worse, but I bet EA would show us how.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited July 2020

There was a rumor that EA was looking at Maplestory for a time.
    I am not sure a rolling dumpster fire could get worse, but I bet EA would show us how.

EA,Amazon,comcast or even disney... was just PR stunts to evaluate more money , nexon dreams to get sold to them for "10b" they would even do 1b to them if they could...
    Kakao, Netmarble and tencent i belive were the only one interested but 10b dream is way to much for all of them hence the fail sale
  • OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited August 2020
    It would be great if Nexon sold their game to Disney
  • NickTheDragonNickTheDragon
    Reactions: 410
    edited March 2021
    OkitsMs wrote: »
    It would be great if Nexon sold their game to Disney

That'd be rather interesting to see, but I am pretty sure Disney would probably take the game and change it into something else. But yet, it'd be interesting to see.
This discussion has been closed.