[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory still healthy ?

Anima15Anima15
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
I always return to the game thinking if on 1 year or 2 it will be dead, and that make me feels rly bad because this is a game which i love and enioy so much. I want know the opinion from other players about that. (Srry if i write bad, im from spain).

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2020
    maplestory was never healthy , idk what youre talking about.
    WONDERGUYJettLuvsUZerosBlackComeba
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    With Anna being in charge, it'll prob be dead in the next few years.
    WONDERGUYZerosBlackmapler7
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited July 2020
    everyone says stuff like maple will die in 1 year and have been saying that for at least the past 10 years. the game is doing fine, I'd actually argue that content wise, the game is the best it has ever been.
    Wesleyx3
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2020
    Arlong wrote: »
    everyone says stuff like maple will die in 1 year and have been saying that for at least the past 10 years. the game is doing fine, I'd actually argue that content wise, the game is the best it has ever been.

BrMS,EMS,ThMS....MS2, the dead/abandoned worlds in GMS all that maplers read this and wipes tears saying yes is fine can be worse !
    content wise ? if is not from our oversea KMS lords from who GMS is going to copy-paste from ?
    mapler7
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »

BrMS,EMS,ThMS....MS2, the dead/abandoned worlds in GMS all that maplers read this and wipes tears saying yes is fine can be worse !
    content wise ? if is not from our oversea KMS lords from who GMS is going to copy-paste from ?

EMS is part of GMS and now and was smaller than GMS. Thai MS and Brazil MS had their contracts expire. MS2 had little to no endgame content and severely gated people that were at endgame.

The current GMS worlds are fine as is.

People doom this game all the time. It's been running for 17 years and I doubt it's going to just croak at this point. Honestly as long as KMS is turning a profit, GMS should be fine too.

Arlong wrote: »
    I'd actually argue that content wise, the game is the best it has ever been.

Hard disagree. Ever since Anna was made director, GMS-exclusive content has been removed and needlessly revamped. I think the Black Mage patch was the best time for Maple. Not to say that it's bad now, but things could be a lot better.

• LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited July 2020
    Well the game has quite much the same stuff going on all the time. Tons of ppl quitting and then coming back after a while.
    Gms has some problems with non-kms contents since they aren't balanced to other game (either broken or forgotten).
    Some maple servers were shut down in past and ems didn't really die, nxeurope and nx america just merged and games merged aswell. Though gms and ems were basically the 2 most far away servers contentwise and for some weird reason gms refused to add more stuff so ems stuff was removed and well half of that stuff is already added to game so idk what was the point in that.
    Usually there's quite crowded on summers and winters and bit silent times on spring/autumn. Prob because big patches and vacations.
    Game itself is healthy but it could be better. I guess there's no problem on finding friends from reboot but on reg servers there's bit silent on later lvls.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2020
    In terms of contents of the game, it's definitely not healthy with devs making horrendous decisions left and right, such as huge familiar revamp failure and god awful gollux changes. BUT the economy of the game is most definitely getting healthier day by day, which I thought to be impossible for years. It seems they're handling bots well enough for game economy to stabilize, and it's definitely making the game much more f2p-able. I can honestly say u no longer need to go to grind hell reboot to actually enjoy this game with no money
  • SengaraSengara
    Reactions: 990
    edited July 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    In terms of contents of the game, it's definitely not healthy with devs making horrendous decisions left and right, such as huge familiar revamp failure and god awful gollux changes. BUT the economy of the game is most definitely getting healthier day by day, which I thought to be impossible for years. It seems they're handling bots well enough for game economy to stabilize, and it's definitely making the game much more f2p-able. I can honestly say u no longer need to go to grind hell reboot to actually enjoy this game with no money

yeah, until you get perma banned, playing a buggy new class, or doing absolutely nothing.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited July 2020
    Latemaster wrote: »
    [...]
    Some maple servers were shut down in past and ems didn't really die, nxeurope and nx america just merged and games merged aswell. Though gms and ems were basically the 2 most far away servers contentwise and for some weird reason gms refused to add more stuff so ems stuff was removed and well half of that stuff is already added to game so idk what was the point in that.
    [...]
    Not really, a good bunch of stuff we had at EMS never returned. For example, Supreme world was a neat challenge with nice rewards, though in the game's current state those rewards would be arguably a bit OP. All of the EMS exclusive seasonal events were lost. While Veracent still lives on in MapleSEA afaik, it originated from EMS and I'd argue that in its original state it was one of the most intriguing pieces of content in the game. We also had Neo Tokyo, which while flawed was an interesting concept that was never seen in GMS.

But on topic, I don't think the game is in a very good state at the moment. I don't see it as dead, per se, but I am not very optimistic. At some point, either I or the game changed in a way that made the game no longer exciting. I feel as if a large majority of the content has been optimized out of the game in a way, and while there is a large quantity of content available, most of it is not really "worth" doing unless you are really interested in what some NPCs have to say.

Another thing is how Nexon chooses to monetize the game, but that a whole another can of worms I'm not willing to open at the moment.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited July 2020
    that really depends on what you define as "healthy"

contrary to what alot of people will think. i think the game IS in a healthier state than it has been in a long time.
    the almost removal of hackers has made the game a lot more stable.
    the economy in game is taking a huge (but neccessary) jolt.
    now all the devs need to do is realize that some things in the game need to be balanced towards that economy.

obtaining meso has always been an issue in the game and we honestly need more means of gaining meso.
    all these daily quests we do. i honestly think they should start giving meso aswell as exp.

the players need to really step up on legit feedback instead of whining and borderline threatening if they really want the game to be improved.

Drop rates need to be adjusted to NON bot levels of low.

people may not realize but drop rate of a lot of things were nerfed (including drop rate itself) alot because of the ease at which hackers can obtain items.
    what they failed to realize is that those changes meant legit players got hugely shafted in the process.

remember when cubic blades dropped at a reasonable rate?
    nodestones?
    the list goes on
  • ZerosBlackZerosBlack
    Reactions: 690
    edited July 2020
    Healthy? This game crashes 5 times when you try to login, it disconnects you when you are bossing, grinding/caping coins, afk, has a lot of bugs, lag, unfair bans and the list continues. How people can say this game is in a healthy state?
    mapler7
  • RcCar1982RcCar1982
    Reactions: 350
    edited July 2020
    hahhaa Healthy , fine ?, the game is peace and love? is the best 2d game today? blah blah blah blah blah .... hypocritical as always ... people who speak well when something is wrong and worse these days ... they watch and speak .. wow! the game is fine, the servers are full, there are people playing !! awww !! , I have my friends and my fans ... and someone out there without importance ... pathetic ... pathetic ... they only see their world but not the game in general ... they are the classic conformists, they go down head and not see that the game today is a disaster! , a total disaster ... starting from the contrary ideas from the bigbang patch ... from petty events for money for the company ... the technical aids and services from time to time the player, little by little was fading away .. little interest in the bugs and problems of the game in each maintenance ... hackers ... boots ... bugs ... the old dupes and today possible ....

the poor technical service to a game launcher abosoleto .. very poor ... the old game launcher was better .. but of course .. the antihacking system a ridicules ... 0 of importance to the crashers ... 0 importance of automatic dc, unexpected closings ... one to enter the game has to cross himself to today ... now with the last dmt ... worse .... who is to blame today? Kanna? Like Anna in his crazy world of blaming the problem of a game on a job? furry totems? for example .. those problems are a ridiculous nonsense with the last problems days ago

the game is very bad that even sunny sunday lagea has caused many problems, the sunny sunday logo for a 2d game entry, they cannot remove this or fix it, if they can, but they wait for the next maintenance or when they want to fix something bad or keep destroying something good in the game

people are or what? look at the server is full .... what has this ... people hacker ... boots ... pc3 goals (thx anna for the nerf and great ideas for game stability .... thx ...) people escammer .. if now there are people who steal and in the game ... calm and relaxed ... but if bans unjustified .. claims not answered by the technical service ... tickets closed without seeing the case ... evidence of service technician before a ban ... ah .. you violated the terms and end ... not like that .. this doesn't work and it doesn't just happen here, in other forums and pages the essence of this game is about to go to recycling and it's the truth

Seeing this type of posts, really annoying, not to mention the lag spikes ... the high memory consumption in the game ... the entire process that consumes this game and has years with many other problems mentioned, but nexon or The technical service has cared about this, what is the solution for them, a super pc and a good internet ... but the ridiculous thing is that they are the problem but you always have to blame one or divert the real problems with BAD DECISIONS AND JUST LOOK FOR YOUR BENEFIT, and ... GMS IS NOT KMS ANNA OR ANY NEXON MEMBER, each game is different ... but we already have a culprit now last A WRONG CODE INCRIPTED in the last dmt hahaha

but for many people the game is perfect and healthy! if you have money in the game and you have invested clearly ... of course ... without any effort like others it is different ...
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2020
    Anima15 wrote: »
    I always return to the game thinking if on 1 year or 2 it will be dead, and that make me feels rly bad because this is a game which i love and enioy so much. I want know the opinion from other players about that. (Srry if i write bad, im from spain).

it is alive and kicking! Reboot is sooo busy the server is crammed over full with people still trying to get in spilling out of the sides specially when the dmt was announced the inactive rebootians and the active player base ALL AT ONCE, not only did it cause Nexon's servers to implode but the subsequent dmt held in forgiveness failed in the 1st hour cause even with expanding server capacity by 20X for the 2nd apology event and that WAS STILL NOT ENOUGH, to support just how many people were trying to play at one time.

THAT IS HOW IMMORTAL MAPLESTORY IS
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2020

it is alive and kicking! Reboot is sooo busy the server is crammed over full with people still trying to get in spilling out of the sides specially when the dmt was announced the inactive rebootians and the active player base ALL AT ONCE, not only did it cause Nexon's servers to implode but the subsequent dmt held in forgiveness failed in the 1st hour cause even with expanding server capacity by 20X for the 2nd apology event and that WAS STILL NOT ENOUGH, to support just how many people were trying to play at one time.

dont invent stuff, they didnt increase server capacity by 20x , they said theyd optimize the game.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2020
    darik wrote: »

dont invent stuff, they didnt increase server capacity by 20x , they said theyd optimize the game.

dont know where that 20x comes from...but they did say that they increased servers spec @@@
    After looking into the severe lag issues during the Double Miracle Time (DMT) event in NA Reboot, we determined that the code optimization and increasing server spec did not alleviate the lag that was caused by the high traffic.

nexon was just to excited to write quick 2x PR MEMeOs like " to many players log we are sorry or high trafic " when we all knew is not true
    as we could see even with increased spec the lag is same the players base is same and lowest ever been

all they need is detailed fixing and real code optimization that over the years was just bandaid with small hot-fix or just disabled
    but for that they need to pay a real team not a meme site for 2week sponsoring just to hope to get more cs update lootbox adicts