[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Borked Faces For Sale plz fix

JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
Reactions: 2,526
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay - Cash Shop - Graphic Issue

Brief bug summary:

Child's Adorable Face and Aloof Face (both male and female versions) are missing their first frame in the blink animation.

More details:

Faces in MapleStory have 3 frames that make up their blink animation. Currently the faces mentioned go through 2 frames.

Here's a couple gifs that explain what I mean:

This one shows 3 frames. It's very bouncy and the face is full between blinks.

epoSJTm.gif

This is what Child's Adorable Face currently looks like. It's choppy since it only goes through 2 frames.

iMT2OYK.gif

Also, these images are the original concepts for each face:

Child's Adorable Face
TbUR4dj.png

Aloof Face
tEDMn9E.jpg

Source

Date and time of the incident: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 (After Maintenance)

Comments

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2020
    Hmm I orignially thought showing the concepts would be enought but, just in case... I used a maples.im to show how the faces would appear with their first frame.
    oxeCKA1.png
  • ChoijiyoonChoijiyoon
    Reactions: 490
    This has been bugging me too. Child's adorable face is missing an entire horizontal line of pixels at the lower pupil that would make the eyes more child-like/larger overall. Same deal with Aloof face.
    JettLuvsU
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2020
    Choijiyoon wrote: »
    This has been bugging me too. Child's adorable face is missing an entire horizontal line of pixels at the lower pupil that would make the eyes more child-like/larger overall. Same deal with Aloof face.

Yeah, my heart broke when I saw it like that. I've been waiting for this face since April but, it looks so wrong that I don't even wanna wear it. I hope they fix it soon.

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    As of v.217, my Child's Adorable Face displays properly now BUT when I preview Aloof Face in the cash shop it still looks wrong.
    also... the fix wasn't mentioned in the patch notes so... I guess JMS just never had this issue maybe?