[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.221 Spring Blossoms Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Borked Faces For Sale plz fix

JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
Reactions: 2,376
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay - Cash Shop - Graphic Issue

Brief bug summary:

Child's Adorable Face and Aloof Face (both male and female versions) are missing their first frame in the blink animation.

More details:

Faces in MapleStory have 3 frames that make up their blink animation. Currently the faces mentioned go through 2 frames.

Here's a couple gifs that explain what I mean:

This one shows 3 frames. It's very bouncy and the face is full between blinks.

epoSJTm.gif

This is what Child's Adorable Face currently looks like. It's choppy since it only goes through 2 frames.

iMT2OYK.gif

Also, these images are the original concepts for each face:

Child's Adorable Face
TbUR4dj.png

Aloof Face
tEDMn9E.jpg

Source

Date and time of the incident: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 (After Maintenance)

Comments

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2020
    Hmm I orignially thought showing the concepts would be enought but, just in case... I used a maples.im to show how the faces would appear with their first frame.
    oxeCKA1.png
  • ChoijiyoonChoijiyoon
    Reactions: 490
    This has been bugging me too. Child's adorable face is missing an entire horizontal line of pixels at the lower pupil that would make the eyes more child-like/larger overall. Same deal with Aloof face.
    JettLuvsU
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2020
    Choijiyoon wrote: »
    This has been bugging me too. Child's adorable face is missing an entire horizontal line of pixels at the lower pupil that would make the eyes more child-like/larger overall. Same deal with Aloof face.

Yeah, my heart broke when I saw it like that. I've been waiting for this face since April but, it looks so wrong that I don't even wanna wear it. I hope they fix it soon.

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    As of v.217, my Child's Adorable Face displays properly now BUT when I preview Aloof Face in the cash shop it still looks wrong.
    also... the fix wasn't mentioned in the patch notes so... I guess JMS just never had this issue maybe?