[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Extend the Celestial Festival Event

UnemployedUnemployed
Reactions: 2,320
edited September 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The Celestial Festival Event's duration is less than a month (close to 3 weeks) and that prevents many players who don't have characters with alot of damage and gear to get to the last rank of the event. Only a select few might reach 3k points to get the Mount Transfer. This is really disheartening because I was trying really hard to get the mount transfer in time but I missed the first few days and I just calculated and I won't be able to.
I already sent in a ticket for an extension and they told me to post it in the forums, so I will:
I think Nexon should extend the event for another week or a few days just for people who are near reach will get the chance to access the last rank.

The event is EXTREMELY short. The point cap is 100 points and we don't even have 30 days to complete it! Come on Nexon....

Thanks!
ChoicesmalumaPenguinz0ThreeTrees

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2020
    The event lasts exactly 4 weeks.

The point cap is 100 plus up to 40 from the Fire Thief.
  • UnemployedUnemployed
    edited September 2020
    @AKradian yes, that's 28 days. For someone who gets only 14/40 points in Fire Thief missing 2 days is crucial. It shouldve been extended to 30 days atleast...

Edit: It's 27 days actually.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2020
    I feel like this post is missing the meat of the event and instead focusing on the rank-up rewards as somehow being the most important facet of the whole thing.
  • UnemployedUnemployed
    edited September 2020
    @Aggraphine That's entirely baseless and a personal preference. I hear alot of people who want to get that mount transfer coupon and it's on the last rank of the event.

Anyway, there aren't enough days to get to the last rank which is enough of a reason to extend the event.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2020
    Unemployed wrote: »
    @Aggraphine That's entirely baseless and a personal preference. I hear alot of people who want to get that mount transfer coupon and it's on the last rank of the event.

Anyway, there aren't enough days to get to the last rank which is enough of a reason to extend the event.

I could argue that your "a lot of people" is baseless and a personal preference too. As far as I see on a day-to-day basis, no one even uses mounts other than to show off in a town.
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited September 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Unemployed wrote: »

I could argue that your "a lot of people" is baseless and a personal preference too. As far as I see on a day-to-day basis, no one even uses mounts other than to show off in a town.

That makes NO sense.. Suggesting that a reward for an event is relatively hard to achieve in the 27 day time frame given and stating they're hearing anecdotally other people are complaining about the same problem isn't baseless, because this is the suggestions forum for the community, and nobody is compiling statistically significant data on maples player preferences here for you. IF that's what you're expecting from the players making suggestions to the game maybe you shouldn't be contributing to the forum because it's an unreasonable standard. I've literally seen you post "CITATIONS PLEASE" for someone stating players like something..
    I feel like this post is missing the meat of the event and instead focusing on the rank-up rewards as somehow being the most important facet of the whole thing.

That is a huge assumption about the OP's point of view. Again, this is a forum for suggestions, he's providing a suggestion about the event, and your reply is inferring if he doesn't have a suggestion about the 'meat of the event', then it is not worth mentioning on this forum. This is arbitrary, and not for you to determine.
    Choices
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2020
    Maybe something like a catch up week for the last week or sunny Sunday providing 2x cap so people were given 3 additional days.

If the level/damage isn't high, getting to the 3k mark in 27 days require 112/day. If you happen to miss one day you'll need 116/day. I'm not sure how difficult it is to get coins if you're pretty much a fresh 200.
    Choices
  • ChoicesChoices
    Reactions: 1,550
    edited September 2020
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    Maybe something like a catch up week for the last week or sunny Sunday providing 2x cap so people were given 3 additional days.

If the level/damage isn't high, getting to the 3k mark in 27 days require 112/day. If you happen to miss one day you'll need 116/day. I'm not sure how difficult it is to get coins if you're pretty much a fresh 200.

This could be a reasonable solution, give a 2x cap for Sunny Sunday sometime during the event. Can anyone forward this to the Nexon Team?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2020
    There are 11 days left in the event, including today. Unless something were to go catastrophically wrong with the event I don't see them changing anything.
  • ThreeTreesThreeTrees
    Reactions: 770
    edited September 2020
    I completely agree and strengthen unemployed's request\suggestion.
    I personally wasn't home for over a week due to renovation and knowing the "extra" time frame i.e. the amount of days it takes to get to 3000 cumulative points compared to the total length of the event is very tight\small this time, I kinda gave up on it hence on investing in the event and that is disheartening because usually there's quite the extra frame of time for people to catch up in events and this time it's just again really tight and I personally can't make up for the time loss and with the current schedule won't be able to get enough points for the Mount Transfer which I, too, really wanted.

Would definitely be great if you guys would extend the event afterall and give us another chance :)

• NovuhzNovuhz
    Reactions: 810
    edited September 2020

This ^

I can't believe there's honestly people complaining about missing out on a silly mount transfer.

Hell one extra day of the event is already worth more than that. They won't be giving an extra week let alone one extra day. This event is just too good for them to extend for such a trivial reward.

The best thing about the event is the huge xp boost for your main or huge boost for lvling mules or 3x arcane symbol rewards and 10 nodestones per zone aka 60 nodestones per day.