[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mushroom Shrine. Tengu So very, very tired.

BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
Reactions: 1,395
edited August 2020 in General Chat
I have been going through the Mushroom Shrine questline the past five hours.

I have endured 3 jump quests, tedious cutscenes, all to be saddled now with the worst boss I have ever dealt with. The final one. Why oh why do they always put these things in the third act, when you can almost taste the reward?

WHY does Nexon insist on putting things in these quests that are about as fun as getting a root canal?

I've been scouring the net for answers, all anyone says is, "go to the center, tap spacebar, and then input the keys that come up". Right, sure, I get OTKed when I try that. And when I don't try that. And instantly after I respawn.

What am I doing wrong? I have Space set for Jump, is that the problem?

Honestly, I really, really want to finish. There has got to be someone who knows what to do.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2020
    Jump on space is decidedly not the problem, I've got the same and didn't have any trouble.
    BlasterMaster
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited August 2020
    I have been going through the Mushroom Shrine questline the past five hours.

I have endured 3 jump quests, tedious cutscenes, all to be saddled now with the worst boss I have ever dealt with. The final one. Why oh why do they always put these things in the third act, when you can almost taste the reward?

WHY does Nexon insist on putting things in these quests that are about as fun as getting a root canal?

I've been scouring the net for answers, all anyone says is, "go to the center, tap spacebar, and then input the keys that come up". Right, sure, I get OTKed when I try that. And when I don't try that. And instantly after I respawn.

What am I doing wrong? I have Space set for Jump, is that the problem?

Honestly, I really, really want to finish. There has got to be someone who knows what to do.

if you had swamp you talk button that is the first problem. I use a controller and had similar problems until I seen it was how I set it up that made it hard.

I. Would review ur setup then the problem would be solved.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited August 2020
    I don't even know what a "swamp you talk button" is.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited August 2020
    I reckon you have to use whatever your NPC interaction/harvest key is instead of the space bar. For whatever reason, some of the key prompts don't update when changing key configurations. So, try pressing whatever button you use for harvesting instead of the space bar.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2020
    Or put your npc chat back on the space bar until you finish it. I believe riza meant swap, as in you changed what button you have your harvest/npc chat button on your keyboard.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited August 2020
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    Or put your npc chat back on the space bar until you finish it. I believe riza meant swap, as in you changed what button you have your harvest/npc chat button on your keyboard.

Lol pretty much but yeah i recorded video of doing that quest and switching the npc or talking key helps with doing the quest ormputting it in space bar.
  • maraduousmaraduous
    Reactions: 100
    lol I'm probably late, but same. This was such an awful boss. I also had my spacebar set to jump, but I made it through... after five hours. Probably an exaggeration, but god it was so awful. The colors of the numbers barely helped too.
    I had to be careful not to press jump (my spacebar)) again and to not press any directional keys.
    I stayed on the right side of the screen as much as possible and only attacked when he landed after flying.

Hope you defeated it! the wings are great aside from the fact they're super distracting